• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Buss tabbed as Big Sky Defensive POY

Extremely disappointing. Our best player on defensive if not the whole team will most likely not play much this season

HookedonGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:
I think he’s referring to buss and his injury battle. Just listened to Hauck interview and Buss and his preseason POY came up. Hauck said their biggest worry is how available Buss will be in the season and even deep into the season. I think Buss is working hard to get back but there is no guarantee.

Is the injury that serious!? If it’s that serious, should he consider sitting the year and putting a med hardship in the hands of the NCAA to comeback fully healthy for a 6th year? I know it’s a big risk putting anything in the hands of the NCAA but if hauck is truly worried he won’t play much this year, I’d consider it.

Sounds surprisingly serious :(

Wait, so we can start talking about injuries again? Yes! When did that directive come down?

alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:
I think he’s referring to buss and his injury battle. Just listened to Hauck interview and Buss and his preseason POY came up. Hauck said their biggest worry is how available Buss will be in the season and even deep into the season. I think Buss is working hard to get back but there is no guarantee.

Is the injury that serious!? If it’s that serious, should he consider sitting the year and putting a med hardship in the hands of the NCAA to comeback fully healthy for a 6th year? I know it’s a big risk putting anything in the hands of the NCAA but if hauck is truly worried he won’t play much this year, I’d consider it.

Does this all stem from that freaking cheap shot he took?

AllWeatherFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

Sounds surprisingly serious :(

Wait, so we can start talking about injuries again? Yes! When did that directive come down?

Hauck opened the door on this one when he made the statements to the media without being asked about it. It is now public information.

Here's what he told Ryan Tootell, Andrew Houghton and myself in our interview.

“The thing about Josh right now is he’s had some major health problems and we don’t know the degree he is going to be available to us,” Montana head coach Bobby Hauck revealed. “We will see how that goes. Hopefully, things come around for him but he has some health problems.

Here-Comes-the-Siphilis-Police.jpg

Hauck questions Buss's availability during BSC Kickoff
https://skylinesportsmt.com/hauck-questions-busss-availability-during-bsc-kickoff/

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
https://skylinesportsmt.com/hauck-questions-busss-availability-during-bsc-kickoff/
Torn Pectoral Puts him mid to late NOV as a maybe and then not at 100% strength

RayWill said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

If Colter's sources are right, and they usually are, and he tore his pec in the first week of July, there's no way he plays this season. He WILL be granted a medical IF he wants to pursue it.

George Ferguson said:
RayWill said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

If Colter's sources are right, and they usually are, and he tore his pec in the first week of July, there's no way he plays this season. He WILL be granted a medical IF he wants to pursue it.

Agreed. back to working out at best inNOV most likely next spring before he would be back to full strength

George Ferguson said:
RayWill said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

George,
In the 5 to play 4 model how does he get a redshirt? He has not missed 2 years to get the 6th year waiver. From my understanding, he is in his last year , play or not.

grizatwork said:
George Ferguson said:
RayWill said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

George,
In the 5 to play 4 model how does he get a redshirt? He has not missed 2 years to get the 6th year waiver. From my understanding, he is in his last year , play or not.

I agree with Girzatwork on this. I don’t believe Buss has missed significant time prior to this season so he likely won’t get a medical redshirt. Very unfortunate!

George Ferguson said:
RayWill said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

It was late June. Small point.

go96griz said:
grizatwork said:
George Ferguson said:
RayWill said:

George,

I agree with Girzatwork on this. I don’t believe Buss has missed significant time prior to this season so he likely won’t get a medical redshirt. Very unfortunate!

He has not and I don’t think would be granted any medical hardship. Bummer deal, for his sake I guess let’s hope we make the playoffs and he heals quick but these injuries stop you from really doing any working out or anything until 4-8 months depending on level. If it truly is a bad level 2 or higher like I have heard he might have played his last game in a Griz uniform. Pretty sad for the guy

mtgrizfankb said:
go96griz said:
grizatwork said:
George Ferguson said:

George,

He has not and I don’t think would be granted any medical hardship. Bummer deal, for his sake I guess let’s hope we make the playoffs and he heals quick but these injuries stop you from really doing any working out or anything until 4-8 months depending on level. If it truly is a bad level 2 or higher like I have heard he might have played his last game in a Griz uniform. Pretty sad for the guy

The worst require surgery.

PlayerRep said:
mtgrizfankb said:
go96griz said:
grizatwork said:
George,

Right, level 2s are the most common and surgery is usually an option for most. I would be surprised if they didn’t do surgery. Any athlete if they want to do even remotely what hey did before would probably opt for surgery unless it was a level 1. But I am no doctor and I’m sure he’s taking the best route for him. Hope he has a speedy recovery

PlayerRep said:
mtgrizfankb said:
go96griz said:
grizatwork said:
George,

Crap, I had that surgery. It took me a year and the strength never fully recovered.

Back