• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Buss tabbed as Big Sky Defensive POY

Montana37 said:
So now that it’s pretty clear Buss probably won’t get on the field who will be starting in his spot?

I think we will see Olson at LB and then a committee of depth rotating in and out with us using a 4-2-5 base with some 5-2-4 and 4-3 mixed in. I think with our depth now at safety that will be the go too.

Griz confident at linebacker despite question mark of Buss's health
https://skylinesportsmt.com/griz-confident-at-linebacker-despite-question-mark-of-busss-health/

mtgrizfankb said:
Montana37 said:
So now that it’s pretty clear Buss probably won’t get on the field who will be starting in his spot?

I think we will see Olson at LB and then a committee of depth rotating in and out with us using a 4-2-5 base with some 5-2-4 and 4-3 mixed in. I think with our depth now at safety that will be the go too.
We don’t have a committee of depth to rotate in and out. It will be Olson and Cochran or Welnel. Those are the only linebackers we feel good about at this point

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Montana37 said:

We don’t have a committee of depth to rotate in and out. It will be Olson and Cochran or Welnel. Those are the only linebackers we feel good about at this point
I disagree, Cochran, Welnel, Lewis, Matthews, Key should all be expected to contribute. I think we'll be fine if we use a 5-2-4 base

mtgrizfankb said:
WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Montana37 said:

I disagree, Cochran, Welnel, Lewis, Matthews, Key should all be expected to contribute. I think we'll be fine if we use a 5-2-4 base
Bobby disagrees with you. And we are running a 4-2-5. Bobby said LB might be our weakest position group from a talent standpoint. With WR and DL being the best, along with our QB.

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizfankb said:
WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Bobby disagrees with you. And we are running a 4-2-5. Bobby said LB might be our weakest position group from a talent standpoint. With WR and DL being the best, along with our QB.

Sorry I transposed the 4 and the 5. I think we’re okay in the 4-2-5. Unless we have more unknown injuries besides Buss. Matthews is going to be a great LB. I heard very good things about him this summer.

Who was the LB who was absolutely tearing it UP last fall before he got hurt? Was that Lewis? I can't remember...

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Montana37 said:

Lewis is a stud.

RayWill said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Hauck questions Buss's availability during BSC Kickoff
https://skylinesportsmt.com/hauck-questions-busss-availability-during-bsc-kickoff/
Torn Pectoral Puts him mid to late NOV as a maybe and then not at 100% strength

Is he able to get a medical redshirt or do you think there is no chance for that?

BigSkyBears said:
RayWill said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Hauck questions Buss's availability during BSC Kickoff
https://skylinesportsmt.com/hauck-questions-busss-availability-during-bsc-kickoff/
Torn Pectoral Puts him mid to late NOV as a maybe and then not at 100% strength

Is he able to get a medical redshirt or do you think there is no chance for that?

No chance. 5 to play 4. He already used his redshirt year unless he misses 2 seasons due to injury then he could get a 6th year waiver.

RayWill said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
too bad he won't win it! but glad he got recognized!

What does this post even mean? :roll: :roll:

Huack said he most likely will not play most of the season as he is coming off of some severe injuries and it is questionable if he will get to play much

In order to be considered for player of the year don't you have to "PLAY"

KJB said:
RayWill said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Huack said he most likely will not play most of the season as he is coming off of some severe injuries and it is questionable if he will get to play much

Exactly. No one knew he was injured when he was voted as the preseason POY

KJB said:
RayWill said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Nope, just have to be nominated.

PlayerRep said:
KJB said:
RayWill said:
AZGrizFan said:

Nope, just have to be nominated.

I see what you did there. Winning.

Back