• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BW's post-spring depth chart & position battles

IntuitiveGriz said:
bgbigdog said:
Was Peoples a bigger loss than we know now? Never saw him kick in HS, so just asking.

Yes.

I follow BC, and Danny is a big loss for UM. Big, accurate leg. And the confidence of good QB out there kicking under pressure.

Except for the fact that Danny didn't want to be just a kicker.......

IntuitiveGriz said:
I am a big fan of Sandry, he's a future star. No doubt about it. The kid is tough, tough. I couldn't say enough good things about him. But he will not start over the OSU dude.

Sandry has made plays, yes, but he has given them up as well (as every safety does, especially young). He has given up a long pass to the inside slot wr and he has given up a long td to TE Bingham when he should have tackled him. He isn't afraid to stick his nose in there on run support, that's for sure, but he's finding out that Division 1 FCS football isn't like little class b ball. For instance he gets knocked backwards on some tackles (as all safeties do at times), that probably never happened much in tiny Bigfork.

He's a tremendous player, but like all players, they need time to reach their potential. Gonna be great!

Great post...I love Sandry! And I won't even guess on the OSU guy cause I've never seen him play, but on film he looks like a PAC 12 player, and a good one for a youngin'. All I know is (and I'm stoked on Jerrin Williams too) is that our safety talent is maybe better than any position group.

Back