• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cal Poly SLO Mustangs Scouting Report

Hammer said:
I agree. If you rock the QB's world a couple times early those pitches will come a bit earlier than they are supposed to and maybe not as accurate. I remember Breske saying that once. He would know.
This is how you beat triple option teams. The QB gets plowed every time he runs the option. Make him pitch it early and often. I am very confident about today, the griz match up well with the Cal Poly triple option.

JayLarson said:
The Griz have not ran any pistol formation this season that I recall, The pistol is with the Qb about 3 yards back and the rb a couple yards behind him, unless I am crazy and just have not noticed it. They need to run some option plays where JJ keeps the ball so that the defense has to honor it with at least one guy, which could help spring a couple big runs.

The pistol formation with Canada, Van, and Wilson, or one of the tight ends like Saylor and possibly even wr Jones all in the backfield together would be a great way for the Griz to run some read option and triple option, or even some play action passing. Would like to see a little or a lot of this some time.

I'm half dreading the griz play calling.
You know, first and second down are RB dives between the tackles which puts us in third and long.
Followed by a WR screen 5 yards behind the LOS that gets snuffed out..

Hope I'm proved wrong!

UMcheer2000 said:
I'm half dreading the griz play calling.
You know, first and second down are RB dives between the tackles which puts us in third and long.
Followed by a WR screen 5 yards behind the LOS that gets snuffed out..

Hope I'm proved wrong!

Against UCD they proved that wrong. That was a well called game on offense. It needs to continue against Poly.

Back