• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Champions Center Visioning Completed

BDizzle said:
Will they be moving the Hall of Champions into this building. I always walk through it and an disappointed seeing the countless pictures on the ground of the display cases. Wish they would take care of it a little more.
I would've preferred the Champions Center take up the South side end zone with huge glass windows. It leaves a ton of room for expansions in the South West and South East corners...with the Hall of Champions when you walk in and straight ahead you look through the windows onto the field. You want the Hall of Champions where people and recruits frequent it.

super_eagle, that's a pretty weak attempt at smack. You would have to be a complete moron to say that doesn't look good, and even if it didn't look good, which it does, I'm pretty certain, in a football operations building, it's what's on the inside that counts. And the inside is going to be state of the art everything.

But, in response to your smack, I'd rather have people calling a brand new football building at UM ugly, than not having one at all, because that's what Eastern Washington has. The "Gateway Project" is NEVER going to get built. EVER. And you and the rest of your fans KNOW IT TOO. Your football team has been very good, I have no problem admitting that. I respect what Coach Baldwin has done with that team. But, as a program, you're favorite team is screwed on facilities. As always, Montana and even Montana State, have left EWU in the dust in that department. It's not even remotely close.

Didn't somebody once say that a new, bigger Griz vision was in the works? Is that still possible? I love the way the circle is closing around the upper deck - that will really increase the reverb in there. Next maybe a wedge of seats above the southeast corner?

super_eagle13 said:
Another power piece lands on your jenky Tetris stadium!

Now the question is what eyesore of a structure are they going to slide onto that pink aircraft carrier that houses your pressbox?

Hows that Gateway project going??? Making a ton of progress over the last 15 years on it.

stupid_eagle...

youre-a-bad-troll-and-you-should-feel-bad.jpg

super_eagle13 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
super_eagle13 said:

Now the question is what eyesore of a structure are they going to slide onto that pink aircraft carrier that houses your pressbox?

Hows that Gateway project going??? Making a ton of progress over the last 15 years on it.

Scrapped it because it was inefficient and stupid.

Anyone who knows the first thing about running a football program in the 21st century knows that you do not need a complete stadium or a large fan base to become a dominant program. In fact, ten years from now no one will be going to stadiums at all because we'll be able to stream them in VR from any angle (including a first-person perspective from your favorite player!) from the comfort of our mobile homes and air mattresses. Games will be played in mostly empty facilities and EWU's program will be selling the VR tickets like crazy. Meanwhile, UM's major donors will be steaming mad that the feckless Griz athletic department wasted their generous gifts on empty trophy rooms and unused bleachers.

Get back to us in 10 years and let us know how well that prediction works out for you. ;)

Just because EWU fans have no clue what a real stadium/game day experience is like doesn't mean other fans don't want that type of experience. Plus, no way EWU will sell tons of online passes to home games, watching a game on your hideous turf burns worse in HD than it does in person. Online season ticket holders will be blind by game 4.

super_eagle13 said:
grizcountry420 said:
grizindabox said:
It seems that super-beagle saves some cash by having a virtual girlfriend.....

Yeah, first person view perspectives..

:lol:

It's 2015 and you're still shaming people in non-3-d relationships? Really?

Wow. Just. Wow.

Sounds like someone is a little defensive...maybe even ashamed....working hard for justification...

super_eagle13 said:

You might be thinking of the Erector/Lincoln Log/K'nex/Lego/Duct Tape mess a little east of here.

get'em_griz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
And the stadium just got a little louder :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yep. That South End Zone will be a little bit louder once that beauty is built!

What would make it even louder is if another 3500 seats in the South Endzone were part of this construction.

I was hoping it was going to be where the current score board is. I thought it we be neat for both offices and training facilities looking out on Wa-Griz and the North Hills. This would better enclose the sound, and then put Griz Vision on top of the structure. Go Griz!
612016.jpg

I was also hoping that they would put suites on the west side 4-5 levels high in a cuping semi-circle . Hey a man can always dream? Bring in some more high dollars and get some of those un-ambitious 50yd line seat holders to move indoors.
MichiganStadium2010UConn-654x434.jpg

super_eagle13 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
super_eagle13 said:

Anyone who knows the first thing about running a football program in the 21st century knows that you do not need a complete stadium or a large fan base to become a dominant program. In fact, ten years from now no one will be going to stadiums at all because we'll be able to stream them in VR from any angle (including a first-person perspective from your favorite player!) from the comfort of our mobile homes and air mattresses. Games will be played in mostly empty facilities and EWU's program will be selling the VR tickets like crazy. Meanwhile, UM's major donors will be steaming mad that the feckless Griz athletic department wasted their generous gifts on empty trophy rooms and unused bleachers.

That's methed up!

1415919243574_wps_11_SHOCKING_moment_a_man_smo.jpg

super_eagle13 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
super_eagle13 said:

Ya I'm sure that was the reason...EWUs always been known as that ground breaking, innovative school. I think they were the first school to have a white girl say she was black as a teacher....#innovative...#progress

Latest posts

Back