• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Champions Center Visioning Completed

GlacierGrizX said:
I was hoping it was going to be where the current score board is. I thought it we be neat for both offices and training facilities looking out on Wa-Griz and the North Hills. This would better enclose the sound, and then put Griz Vision on top of the structure. Go Griz!
612016.jpg

I was also hoping that they would put suites on the west side 4-5 levels high in a cuping semi-circle . Hey a man can always dream? Bring in some more high dollars and get some of those un-ambitious 50yd line seat holders to move indoors.
MichiganStadium2010UConn-654x434.jpg
That's my thoughts exactly!! I posted that above, the offices/facilities would look awesome towering over the South Endzone. It sounds like you may not be able to see Champions Center from field? I'm all for symmetrical stadium designs so now I hope you won't be able to see the center at its current location.

jcglfer said:
GlacierGrizX said:
I was hoping it was going to be where the current score board is. I thought it we be neat for both offices and training facilities looking out on Wa-Griz and the North Hills. This would better enclose the sound, and then put Griz Vision on top of the structure. Go Griz!
612016.jpg

I was also hoping that they would put suites on the west side 4-5 levels high in a cuping semi-circle . Hey a man can always dream? Bring in some more high dollars and get some of those un-ambitious 50yd line seat holders to move indoors.
MichiganStadium2010UConn-654x434.jpg
That's my thoughts exactly!! I posted that above, the offices/facilities would look awesome towering over the South Endzone. It sounds like you may not be able to see Champions Center from field? I'm all for symmetrical stadium designs so now I hope you won't be able to see the center at its current location.

You will probably be able to see the Champions Center from the field. It'll be built next to the South Endzone. The problem with building a bigger Champions Center is that it costs more money. I'm betting that the Universtiy accounted for this and has it all planned out in the stadium's master plan. I would love to see the drawings for the master plan if the university has it.

jcglfer said:
BDizzle said:
Will they be moving the Hall of Champions into this building. I always walk through it and an disappointed seeing the countless pictures on the ground of the display cases. Wish they would take care of it a little more.
I would've preferred the Champions Center take up the South side end zone with huge glass windows. It leaves a ton of room for expansions in the South West and South East corners...with the Hall of Champions when you walk in and straight ahead you look through the windows onto the field. You want the Hall of Champions where people and recruits frequent it.

I think the Champions Center is on that corner so it can connect to the existing tunnel into the stadium. If it were just in the south endzone, players would have a long walk through the concourse areas before they could get to the field.

getgrizzy said:
How much does this cost and how much money do we have in place?
Total of $14 mil. and the Washingtons donated half of that, not sure how much of that other 7 has been covered, maybe Brint or someone else closer to it would know more of those details.

I thought i heard plans of a big announcement coming during the 20th anniversary celebration of the 95 championship. Wonder if additional donations may be on the horizon.

Damn thats impressive....

Going to help in the recruiting battle for sure.

We have a long way to go to compete with facilities..ugh...very well done

GRIZFAN20 said:
super_eagle13 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
super_eagle13 said:
Another power piece lands on your jenky Tetris stadium!

Now the question is what eyesore of a structure are they going to slide onto that pink aircraft carrier that houses your pressbox?

Hows that Gateway project going??? Making a ton of progress over the last 15 years on it.

Scrapped it because it was inefficient and stupid.

Anyone who knows the first thing about running a football program in the 21st century knows that you do not need a complete stadium or a large fan base to become a dominant program. In fact, ten years from now no one will be going to stadiums at all because we'll be able to stream them in VR from any angle (including a first-person perspective from your favorite player!) from the comfort of our mobile homes and air mattresses. Games will be played in mostly empty facilities and EWU's program will be selling the VR tickets like crazy. Meanwhile, UM's major donors will be steaming mad that the feckless Griz athletic department wasted their generous gifts on empty trophy rooms and unused bleachers.

Get back to us in 10 years and let us know how well that prediction works out for you. ;)

Just because EWU fans have no clue what a real stadium/game day experience is like doesn't mean other fans don't want that type of experience. Plus, no way EWU will sell tons of online passes to home games, watching a game on your hideous turf burns worse in HD than it does in person. Online season ticket holders will be blind by game 4.

EWU fans had two great "game day experiences" when the EAGS beat UM at Roos field last year.

super_eagle13 said:
GoldenEagle said:
EWU fans had two great "game day experiences" when the EAGS beat UM at Roos field last year.

We've been making steady improvements to Woodward Field since the Griz last beat us there during the George W. Bush administration.

I was there in Nov last year and it was still a HS caliber facility. Porta potties lined up on a running track???? Are you Fing kidding me??? Carroll is NAIA and has a much nicer facility. Sorry I hadn't noticed these steady improvements! :lol:

Hammer said:
super_eagle13 said:
GoldenEagle said:

We've been making steady improvements to Woodward Field since the Griz last beat us there during the George W. Bush administration.

I was there in Nov last year and it was still a HS caliber facility. Porta potties lined up on a running track???? Are you Fing kidding me??? Carroll is NAIA and has a much nicer facility. Sorry I hadn't noticed these steady improvements! :lol:

EWU will add seat covers to the porta potties so you griz fans don't bruise your fat asses.

GoldenEagle said:
Hammer said:
super_eagle13 said:
GoldenEagle said:

EWU will add seat covers to the porta potties so you griz fans don't bruise your fat asses.

It will take way more than that to get it to NAIA standards. Just sayin.

super_eagle13 said:
Hammer said:
super_eagle13 said:
GoldenEagle said:

That's sorta your fault. If Griz fans would stop cutting glory holes into our porta potties and dousing them with AIDS juice every other year we wouldn't have to waste money replacing them.

If you didn't host the Griz every other year you probably couldn't even afford the porta potties or the bleachers you have to rent to seat us. Talk about a bush league program :lol:

Eastern fans making fun of Montana's, or just about anyone else's facilities is about like Snookie accusing Hallie Berry of being ugly. Are you kidding me?

super_eagle13 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
super_eagle13 said:
Another power piece lands on your jenky Tetris stadium!

Now the question is what eyesore of a structure are they going to slide onto that pink aircraft carrier that houses your pressbox?

Hows that Gateway project going??? Making a ton of progress over the last 15 years on it.

Scrapped it because it was inefficient and stupid.

Anyone who knows the first thing about running a football program in the 21st century knows that you do not need a complete stadium or a large fan base to become a dominant program. In fact, ten years from now no one will be going to stadiums at all because we'll be able to stream them in VR from any angle (including a first-person perspective from your favorite player!) from the comfort of our mobile homes and air mattresses. Games will be played in mostly empty facilities and EWU's program will be selling the VR tickets like crazy. Meanwhile, UM's major donors will be steaming mad that the feckless Griz athletic department wasted their generous gifts on empty trophy rooms and unused bleachers.

You are right...you only need to be able to recruit kids who don't qualify academically to attend a real college...hell, Adams left EWU for Oregon before he actually completed all his classes. That tells you all you need to know about the level of interest the players have in education there..... :lol:

Latest posts

Back