• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Champions Center Visioning Completed

uofmman1122 said:
get'em_griz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
If a high school did that "enter the field, climb into a large plastic animal mouth, and then run back out as though they are just entering the playing field, even though they already entered the playing field," it would be embarrassing. For a "university" to do it is ....

But what about the Mountain Lion call they do after a first down bobcats???? That is some high quality production right there. Such attention to detail. I wonder if they know the two animals are not the same?

Oh, that noise they play after a first down is a mountain lion? Huh... I always thought it was the sound of a toilet flushing.
FIRST DOWN!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L8kYsXg5jQ&t=0m4s[/youtube]

Bol shit, it DOES!!

UM better up the new 46,000 sq foot Champions Center to 50,000. because all of the new trophies the Griz are going to win in the foreseeable future. :thumb:

I like the last part of the below paragraph, "and expansive team meeting spaces." That is cool.

=====================================================================================================
"The 46,000-square-foot building will be tucked behind the southwest corner of Washington-Grizzly Stadium, the $14 million Champions Center will house a new 7,000 square-foot locker room for the Grizzly football team, a 12,500 square-foot strength and conditioning center for all student-athletes and expansive team meeting spaces."

What about that big roof? Seems like a good place to have some seating, game cameras or, hell, rent it out as the ultimate tailgate location!

Talked to someone in the Ad administration last night. The Champions Center will break ground in the "Spring". Bids to be let next week.

maroonandsilver said:
Talked to someone in the Ad administration last night. The Champions Center will break ground in the "Spring". Bids to be let next week.

Mod Edit: Let's try not to turn every thread into a smack-talking session.

Buttegrizzle said:
What about that big roof? Seems like a good place to have some seating, game cameras or, hell, rent it out as the ultimate tailgate location!

Winner. Fantastic Idea for that northern end of the roof.

Yukon said:
It's almost summer. They start this sucker yet?

Just finished re-routing utility lines under Campus Drive during Spring Break. Tore the hell out Campus Drive and it is now a series of tank traps.

Can't wait to see this modern day mecca of beauty.

Winning in college football comes down to an arms race. He who has the facilities, wins the war (recruiting).

maroonandsilver said:
Yukon said:

Just finished re-routing utility lines under Campus Drive during Spring Break. Tore the hell out Campus Drive and it is now a series of tank traps.
That it definitely is. I've nearly broken my car the last couple weeks, going to MOLLI classes.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Wow. The Mecca just continues to improve at a geometric rate.

You know, if we gave two shits, it would be kind of neighborly of us to throw 40 bucks over the kitty's way. They could use it to stitch together a bunch of garbage sacks to create a makeshift tunnel so their players no longer need to be seen walking out onto the field before they enter and huddle underneath whatever the animal-blowup-thing is that spits them back out onto the field prior to their pending loss.
The Cats' pre-game production is one of the best in all of Gallatin County. The product on the field is easily top 3 in Gallatin County. They are doing their level best.
If a high school did that "enter the field, climb into a large plastic animal mouth, and then run back out as though they are just entering the playing field, even though they already entered the playing field," it would be embarrassing. For a "university" to do it is ....

But what about the Mountain Lion call they do after a first down bobcats???? That is some high quality production right there. Such attention to detail. I wonder if they know the two animals are not the same?

Wait! The Bobcats have gotten a first down??? I don't recall that but I guess it's possible.

UM's glitzy new Champion Center is like buying a new Alfa Romeo 4C coupe that you're never gonna drive out of the local BSC neighborhood to where it'll really be appreciated.

Silvertip said:
UM's glitzy new Champion Center is like buying a new Alfa Romeo 4C coupe that you're never gonna drive out of the local BSC neighborhood where it'll really be appreciated.

Weird, I seem to remember people all across the country appreciating our stadium and atmosphere last August.

But sure, a game against New Mexico buried on some obscure cable channel would really put us on the map!

'68griz said:
maroonandsilver said:
Yukon said:

That it definitely is. I've nearly broken my car the last couple weeks, going to MOLLI classes.

MOLLI classes.? Sounds like a blast. :eek:

Silvertip said:
UM's glitzy new Champion Center is like buying a new Alfa Romeo 4C coupe that you're never gonna drive out of the local BSC neighborhood where it'll really be appreciated.

Someone who knows cars. :clap:

:coffee:
Grisly Fan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
get'em_griz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Oh, that noise they play after a first down is a mountain lion? Huh... I always thought it was the sound of a toilet flushing.

Shhhh dont tell the kitties they are playing a different animals roar....I heard it was either the mountain lion or an elephant. They chose what they thought a bobcat sounded most similar to i guess.
You don't actually expect them to know that there is a difference between a bobcat and a cougar do you? I mean, they think the "M" on their helmets means MSU. Seriously.

The "M" on their helmets stands for meeooow! :coffee:

Latest posts

Back