• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Pflugrad - OC at NAU??

The_Real_Chief said:
Robin is a good coach no doubt about that, but its not like he won us multiple national championships. I agree he didn't get a fair shake in Missoula, but if he were such an elite coach wouldn't he have a real job yet? Go ahead and trash on my comment but its a legit question. I know Pflu is untouchable on this board.
It's a good point; I suspect he shines in the eyes of many relative to his successors. Also maybe martyred for standing up for his falsely accused player against a corrupt administrative corrective trainwreck.

kemajic said:
The_Real_Chief said:
Robin is a good coach no doubt about that, but its not like he won us multiple national championships. I agree he didn't get a fair shake in Missoula, but if he were such an elite coach wouldn't he have a real job yet? Go ahead and trash on my comment but its a legit question. I know Pflu is untouchable on this board.
It's a good point; I suspect he shines in the eyes of many relative to his successors. Also maybe martyred for standing up for his falsely accused player against a corrupt administrative corrective trainwreck.

Thats a fair point, he definitely has been black balled. He is definitely good enough to coach somewhere in the FCS. I'm really shocked no one has at least taken a flyer on him, coaching at Phoenix College as an OC is definitely beneath his credentials.

The_Real_Chief said:
kemajic said:
The_Real_Chief said:

Thats a fair point, he definitely has been black balled. He is definitely good enough to coach somewhere in the FCS. I'm really shocked no one has at least taken a flyer on him, coaching at Phoenix College as an OC is definitely beneath his credentials.

Is it? what were his credentials before Montana at Montana and after Montana? It appears unless under BH, not so good.............. Everywhere else he did poorly or was let go - with the exception of One season at Montana. if he was an outsider unknown to Montana, not the darling of a few brown nosing Boosters who he let believe they were on the inside. he would have been eaten alive by the posters here.

He's now being judged on what he has done not who he is (to Montana fans. So we have a coach who after leaving Montana was sanctioned by the NCAA had an offense at Weber state that went 2 -10 (lost to his previous school 7 - 42. and then his record at Phoenix. I'm not saying he isn't better than his record shows just that he may be a tough sell to someone else. he may have some work to do to get back in.

tnt said:
The_Real_Chief said:
kemajic said:
The_Real_Chief said:

Is it? what were his credentials before Montana at Montana and after Montana? It appears unless under BH, not so good.............. Everywhere else he did poorly or was let go - with the exception of One season at Montana. if he was an outsider unknown to Montana, not the darling of a few brown nosing Boosters who he let believe they were on the inside. he would have been eaten alive by the posters here.

He's now being judged on what he has done not who he is (to Montana fans. So we have a coach who after leaving Montana was sanctioned by the NCAA had an offense at Weber state that went 2 -10 (lost to his previous school 7 - 42. and then his record at Phoenix. I'm not saying he isn't better than his record shows just that he may be a tough sell to someone else. he may have some work to do to get back in.

Robin had and has terrific credentials. Has been successful everywhere he's been. 9 years with Read at UM. OC at Weber before the head coach left to take another head coach job. From Wiki:

"Assistant coach in the Pac-10 Conference

From 1995 to 2000, Pflugrad was the wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator at Arizona State under head coach Bruce Snyder. The 1996 Sun Devils won the Pac-10 conference title and finished the season 11-1.[4] From 2001 to 2005, he served as the tight ends coach, assistant head coach, and recruiting coordinator at Washington State.[4] Washington State posted three straight 10-win seasons while he was on staff, and WSU head coach Bill Doba dubbed Pflugrad "The Bulldog" for his diligence in recruiting student-athletes to the university [6] In 2002, Pflugrad was reportedly interested in the Montana head coaching job, but that went to Bobby Hauck instead.[7] During that time period, he was offered a position on the Alabama staff by new head coach Mike Price, but remained at Washington State.[8] After the 2005 season, Pflugrad joined head coach Mike Bellotti's staff at Oregon in a move driven in part by the desire to be closer to his and his wife's four elderly parents.[9] He coached the wide receivers there from 2006 to 2008,[4] including his own son, Aaron Pflugrad who was a freshman in 2007.[10] Over the course of his career he has coached approximately two-dozen All-Americans and/or future NFL players."

Left Oregon because he didn't get along with Chip Kelly. Alot of people don't like Kelly.

Pflu is living with the taint of the scandal, bad things happen to good people. He is also going to be 60 in 2018, and as many of us old timers can tell you, it's a youth-obsessed culture and that isn't working in his favor. Never say never, but he knows better than to hold his breath.

Back