• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Congrats ASU!

AppState89 said:
Hopefully we'll see other in the National Championship game!

Looke like you'll have a decent game next week hosting Citadel; then @ Samford as well later on. Then there's Coastal Carolina. Should be interesting but it looks pretty good for you guys this year. Oh, by the way, you guys wouldn't mind beating Georgia Southern again this year, would ya? Appreciate it.

WyomingGrizFan said:
AppState89 said:
Hopefully we'll see other in the National Championship game!

Looke like you'll have a decent game next week hosting Citadel; then @ Samford as well later on. Then there's Coastal Carolina. Should be interesting but it looks pretty good for you guys this year. Oh, by the way, you guys wouldn't mind beating Georgia Southern again this year, would ya? Appreciate it.
:thumb: :agree:

wow just watched the game with rewinds... App survived on a lot of weak ref calls :shock: Sad, Griz had that game.

griznation23 said:
wow just watched the game with rewinds... App survived on a lot of weak ref calls :shock: Sad, Griz had that game.

App had 11 penalties to ECU's 2 the week before and we still didn't bitch as much as some of you guys are. Thankfully, a good sized contingent of Griz fans is compensating for your butthurt.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZbdIQLsEpU[/youtube]

Dr. Gonzo said:
griznation23 said:

App had 11 penalties to ECU's 2 the week before and we still didn't bitch as much as some of you guys are. Thankfully, a good sized contingent of Griz fans is compensating for your butthurt.

App lost by 3 TD's (22 points) against ECU. Who would blame the refs after getting clobbered by 22?

This is the only comment on the egriz that even comes close to blaming the refs, and you describe it a bunch of bitching. You are clearly an exception to the generally good App St fans.

Sure don't want to see you guys again in the playoffs with Moore at running back and a freshman QB who will only get better! We talked with lots of your people and really enjoyed their company. Good luck the rest of the year and hope to see you all at your place in a year

PlayerRep said:
Dr. Gonzo said:
griznation23 said:

App lost by 3 TD's (22 points) against ECU. Who would blame the refs after getting clobbered by 22?

This is the only comment on the egriz that even comes close to blaming the refs, and you describe it a bunch of bitching. You are clearly an exception to the generally good App St fans.

I never blamed the refs for our loss in Greenville. We controlled the game until the end of the 3rd when their 22 extra scholorships came into play. In fact, I scolded many App fans for ref blaming even though the officiating was the most one sided I'd ever seen (11-1 until one of the last plays).

One comment eh? Well, there's this thread

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then all these quotes

griznation23 said:
:eek: just now watching recording... 1st qtr. 9:39 sec. App 4th & inches and app. false start, but no call :shock: Error caused be ref and leads to App. first TD :? Not a RS QB or Freshman return fumble mistake there :x Refs Sucked honestly. Honestly!!! refs beat the Griz :( Said showcase of refs.

griznation23 said:
:shock: nate harris gets called a PI!?! My A$$... Ref Job again...

griznation23 said:
ok... 14 - 7 TD App walks in for TD... Didn't see no RS freshman QB mistake there, just watched a bunch of white jerseys walking and watching S. Miller trot in for a 10 yrd. TD... Sad... I say make the D run run run this week. Again no RS freshman mistake there. App. St. (refs) 14 - TMac (60 yrd on run pass) 7... Sad to see that big shot!!! yup he should have not ran that ball out of the endzone, that was not RS freshman QB there...

griznation23 said:
Get my point!?! Tmac is playing awesome. Damn refs and that one knuckle head decision to run out the end zone did it for the Griz...

Proud Griz Man said:
Nice picture PP.

Was that the play where the refs whistled a penalty on Montana ? :lol:

Now it's obviously a vocal minority that's embarrassing your fan base. If you read, you'll find many Griz fans scolding these guys. I have the upmost respect for Griz Nation and that's why I was so disappointed to read all the butthurt.

Y'all stay classy and I'll see you in Frisco.

Please note, Dr. Gonzo, that ALL of those comments are from the same poster. The only call -- actually, non-call -- about which I would complain was the PI against Sam Gratton on the second interception. But, hey, such things happen in every game, and they go both ways. It was a terrific game, and I can't wait until you folks head west next August.

'68griz said:
Please note, Dr. Gonzo, that ALL of those comments are from the same poster. The only call -- actually, non-call -- about which I would complain was the PI against Sam Gratton on the second interception. But, hey, such things happen in every game, and they go both ways. It was a terrific game, and I can't wait until you folks head west next August.

Yes, indeed. I tried to note that the complaints were from a vocal few. The vast majority of posters on this board and all the Grizators I met in Boone this weekend were wonderful and I can't wait for the next meeting. :thumb:

Dr. Gonzo said:
'68griz said:

Yes, indeed. I tried to note that the complaints were from a vocal few. The vast majority of posters on this board and all the Grizators I met in Boone this weekend were wonderful and I can't wait for the next meeting. :thumb:

App St. played a better game & committed fewer mistakes. Plain & simple. They deserved the win! :clap:

GrizMusician said:
Dr. Gonzo said:
'68griz said:

App St. played a better game & committed fewer mistakes. Plain & simple. They deserved the win! :clap:

I agree! Great game App. It lived up to the hype!

Lots of positives from this game, even though it was a loss.

1) It's non-conference, and doesn't affect our standings w/in the conference. All of our goals are still in front of us, and we are battle tested going into our conference schedule after Liberty (who will be another tough foe to get us prepared).

2) We now have a feel of what this team is made of. They are EASILY a playoff caliber team, so long as they approach the season one game at a time and take no opponent lightly (which Im sure Delaney preaches).

3) Weve got film of the things we need to work on to improve.

4) We're healthy going into week 3!

5) Our coaching remains top notch, and I honestly like the offensive coordinator much more now! We run the ball down our opponents throats, but we also have the ability to stretch the field!

6) We've been punched in the mouth. If the off-season wasn't enough to get this team to play with a chip on their shoulders, this game surely has done that. I expect them to come out wanting to CRUSH liberty next week.

Gonna be an awsome season boys!
GO GRIZ!

Congrats to ASU and its fan base. Despite the moronic ramblings of some out here you guys deserved that win. Both teams showed great character and talent. Montana just had too many mistakes.

It is too bad however that alot of the country did not see this game. Both fan bases should be contacting ESPN now regarding next year's game so that it gets the national coverage it deserves. I've already sent my suggestion. Hope the rest of you do too.

Just a quick note of thanks to all of the Griz fans, the squad and the school for making the trip. I had a great time 'meeting' about 2 dozen of you fine folks. In fact, I was the App guy who joined y'all (you all, lol) in 'your' section for the 4th quarter. It was a great game and both teams represented very well. I hope to make the game next year and who knows, we may meet again this year. You can't hide class (low OR high) and you guys show high class through and through.

Stay healthy and good luck on the rest of the year.

I was at the game and as I have seen for many years, your fans are top notch, your team is top notch, and am sure everything about Montana is first class. Wasn't worried about the game, because if we had to lose to someone can't think of any other team would make me prouder to lose to.

Hate the thought of playing against your RB again in the playoffs. Wow, he packs more energy in his size than anyone I have ever seen. Stay focused. Liberty only lost to Wake Forest by about 3 points. Wake beat North Carolina just a few miles down the road Saturday, so Liberty cannot be taken for granted.

Wish both schools were in some FBS conference together. Kind of liked the possibility of the WAC having both schools, but guess that will never happen.

Cannot figure out why I like Montana so much. Plenty of class, takes on all comers, doesn't overly grip about anythhing. Guess it's because they remind me so much of us. Good luck this season, stay healthy. We both have lost too many players already. Going to be some game later this year if we meet, or in Montana next year; can't wait.

GoApps70 said:
I was at the game and as I have seen for many years, your fans are top notch, your team is top notch, and am sure everything about Montana is first class. Wasn't worried about the game, because if we had to lose to someone can't think of any other team would make me prouder to lose to.

Hate the thought of playing against your RB again in the playoffs. Wow, he packs more energy in his size than anyone I have ever seen. Stay focused. Liberty only lost to Wake Forest by about 3 points. Wake beat North Carolina just a few miles down the road Saturday, so Liberty cannot be taken for granted.

Wish both schools were in some FBS conference together. Kind of liked the possibility of the WAC having both schools, but guess that will never happen.

Cannot figure out why I like Montana so much. Plenty of class, takes on all comers, doesn't overly grip about anythhing. Guess it's because they remind me so much of us. Good luck this season, stay healthy. We both have lost too many players already. Going to be some game later this year if we meet, or in Montana next year; can't wait.
:thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GoApps70 said:

I've been a fan of App State since they came to Montana in 2000 for the playoffs. Griz won that one in an overtime classic. App State fans were great and I remember a lot of them saying they would be in Chattanoga to root for the Griz against GA Southern. I looking forward to the next App St/Griz game. Hopefully, the two schools sign another 2 game contract as I would like to make the trip to Boone next time.

What a class program. We look forward to the rematch next year. Incredible effort and what a player you have in Dan Moore. WOW! Great game between the class of the FCS.

Back