• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Da'Rick Rogers on match up with Tru Johnson

madmaxvol said:
mtgrizrule said:
orangepeel said:
I would like to see that matchup with Justin..

SHIM42.jpg

It does not matter, if the pass is way too high, or the WR jumps way too soon. It looks like that ball is way past him, being the ball is going out of the endzone. I doubt if the pass came from the other direction. Well unless this is some odd Tennessee drill. :thumb:

Nice hops though.

I'd venture to say he caught it. Justin has excellent hands and can really leap (which really makes it hard to overthrow him, since he is 6'4). He has cleared 7'3 in high jump, 26' long jump, and 50'8 in triple jump. His 100 time wasn't too fast (11.17). But these numbers were all from high school. He is a pretty hard match-up for a corner, especially if they are going up for the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls4g5n_PjAs&feature=related
seriously, if your receivers catch the ball with the back of their hands and your qb is sitting in the stands its going to be a really bad showing on saturday for your offense

grizinidaho said:
madmaxvol said:
mtgrizrule said:
orangepeel said:
I would like to see that matchup with Justin..

SHIM42.jpg

It does not matter, if the pass is way too high, or the WR jumps way too soon. It looks like that ball is way past him, being the ball is going out of the endzone. I doubt if the pass came from the other direction. Well unless this is some odd Tennessee drill. :thumb:

Nice hops though.

I'd venture to say he caught it. Justin has excellent hands and can really leap (which really makes it hard to overthrow him, since he is 6'4). He has cleared 7'3 in high jump, 26' long jump, and 50'8 in triple jump. His 100 time wasn't too fast (11.17). But these numbers were all from high school. He is a pretty hard match-up for a corner, especially if they are going up for the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls4g5n_PjAs&feature=related
seriously, if your receivers catch the ball with the back of their hands and your qb is sitting in the stands its going to be a really bad showing on saturday for your offense

Well, how about this, then?
ncf_u_justinhunter_cmg_200.jpg

I hope Tru does match up with Da'Rick just so Tru can show how physical he is! I'm sure after this game he won't be acting so cocky either.

jcu27 said:
I hope Tru does match up with Da'Rick just so Tru can show how physical he is! I'm sure after this game he won't be acting so cocky either.
I don't know how Da'Rick is without the cameras on him, but he didn't seem all that cocky in that interview. Maybe you've seen some things I haven't, though.

uofmman1122 said:
jcu27 said:
I don't know how Da'Rick is without the cameras on him, but he didn't seem all that cocky in that interview. Maybe you've seen some things I haven't, though.

I was thinking the same thing, uofmman...he seemed confident in his abilities but not overly cocky.

Agreed with UofM and mlbowl. Kid seemed pretty confident in himself, I'd imagine if not being interviewed on TV Tru would be saying similar things about the matchup, Tru presumably more experienced in talking to the media and handling those kind of loaded questions. I would guess.

I'm sure if Da'Rick wasn't on cameras he would of been talking mad crap. It seemed like he wanted to but was just watching what he said. BTW how is a WR going to be more physical than a cornerback? Doesn't make sense to me.

jcu27 said:
I'm sure if Da'Rick wasn't on cameras he would of been talking mad crap. It seemed like he wanted to but was just watching what he said. BTW how is a WR going to be more physical than a cornerback? Doesn't make sense to me.

As a WR you want to be more physical than the DB otherwise the DB wins the matchup. Does that make sense to you??

grizcountry420 said:
jcu27 said:

As a WR you want to be more physical than the DB otherwise the DB wins the matchup. Does that make sense to you??
I think 27's point is that the role of a receiver is to mainly avoid the big hit whilst it is what CBs live for. I am willing to bet that CBs are generally more "physical" than receivers on the whole -- except that I have no idea how you would possibly measure such a thing so any such distinction remains hypothetical at best.

jcu27 said:
How about a picture with the ball in his hands?

Is this better? btw.. I think there is a difference in a player being cocky and being a thug.. nobody said Tru is a thug. Da'Rick should be cocky.. he is playing football, but he better show that on the field as well as Tru. I guarantee you Tru is cocky on the field also.. but neither Kids are thugs. I originally posted the pick of Justin Hunter because the poster before said he hoped UT would throw a jump ball at him. Justin Hunter can sky as well.. I think it would be the optimal matchup.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RCGNM6k9Qg&feature=related[/youtube]

jcu27 said:

You'r sure if he wasn't on cameras he would be talking mad crap? Based on what?

BTW...A WR has to be more physical than a cornerback if he is being jammed on the line of scrimmage. If not, he can't get a free release to run his pattern.

Better video....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu3o9krZut4[/youtube]

Da'Rick has to actually show up for a game before anyone takes his trash seriously.

CabanVOL said:
Better video....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu3o9krZut4[/youtube]

Da'Rick has to actually show up for a game before anyone takes his trash seriously.

Actually.. after watching that video, I hope Tru does cover Da'Rick.. just saying..

madmaxvol said:
jcu27 said:

BTW...A WR has to be more physical than a cornerback if he is being jammed on the line of scrimmage. If not, he can't get a free release to run his pattern.

It just seemed like he wanted to say more than he could and I just thought he was acting like he was going to basically have an easy time to me thats cocky. If you read Grislys post you will understand.

Grisly Fan said:
grizcountry420 said:
jcu27 said:

I think 27's point is that the role of a receiver is to mainly avoid the big hit whilst it is what CBs live for. I am willing to bet that CBs are generally more "physical" than receivers on the whole -- except that I have no idea how you would possibly measure such a thing so any such distinction remains hypothetical at best.

That was my point.

madmaxvol said:
jcu27 said:

Any argument about who is more "physical" completely depends upon what you mean by the term. I don't think that a receiver has to be more physical than a DB to get free from a jam at the LOS. The receiver knows where he needs to go, the DB has to guess and try to deny plus typically is doing it while back peddaling so the receiver has a natural advatage at that time.

I think where there is straight up comparison is when the ball is in the air and each is fighting for position. That is where not only the physicality, but maybe as importantly, the finesse of each player is tested. The one that can use his body, speed, and position to can an advantage is the winner. The purely more physical player could very easily grab the other or push him out of the way which will usually draw a penalty so in that case being purely physical is not worth a whole lot. I still think that for raw power (one definition of "physical"), a CB on average will best the average receiver.

"I like to lead by example. I'm not really a yeller and this and that. I like to lead by example, I like to shut down my side of the field - just make big plays for my team," Johnson, a native of Stockton, Calif., said.

"I like to get my hands on a receiver, just own 'em. That might sound funny, but I like going out there with the mindset that you're not going to catch a ball on me. Just own 'em the whole game."

Who is this quote from? Seems both have the same attitude..

Both have to be physical.. WR have to run block also.. CB have to jam receivers.. so I think the argument is null..

Back