• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Da'Rick Rogers on match up with Tru Johnson

Obviously Tru. I'm sure he knows he's going to have a hard time against UT just like most of the other griz players. Ot atleast I would assume. I'm sure most of the UT players will overlook and think it will be an easy game. And most people are cockier over things they are confident in.

orangepeel said:
"I like to lead by example. I'm not really a yeller and this and that. I like to lead by example, I like to shut down my side of the field - just make big plays for my team," Johnson, a native of Stockton, Calif., said.

"I like to get my hands on a receiver, just own 'em. That might sound funny, but I like going out there with the mindset that you're not going to catch a ball on me. Just own 'em the whole game."

Who is this quote from? Seems both have the same attitude..

Both have to be physical.. WR have to run block also.. CB have to jam receivers.. so I think the argument is null..

Like I said about Da'Rick, it's confidence. If they don't have it, then they don't belong out there.

mlbowl said:
orangepeel said:
"I like to lead by example. I'm not really a yeller and this and that. I like to lead by example, I like to shut down my side of the field - just make big plays for my team," Johnson, a native of Stockton, Calif., said.

"I like to get my hands on a receiver, just own 'em. That might sound funny, but I like going out there with the mindset that you're not going to catch a ball on me. Just own 'em the whole game."

Who is this quote from? Seems both have the same attitude..

Both have to be physical.. WR have to run block also.. CB have to jam receivers.. so I think the argument is null..

Like I said about Da'Rick, it's confidence. If they don't have it, then they don't belong out there.

I totally agree.. confidence in your ability separates good players from great players.. Da'Rick has the confidence.. hope he can show it on the field.. Tru is going to be a great NFL player. Should be fun to watch!

jcu27 said:
Obviously Tru. I'm sure he knows he's going to have a hard time against UT just like most of the other griz players. Ot atleast I would assume. I'm sure most of the UT players will overlook and think it will be an easy game. And most people are cockier over things they are confident in.

They (UT) better not overlook anyone.. especially the Griz.. I don't think they will.. I remember that time they overlooked Memphis.. oh yeah.. I'm that old.. LOL :mrgreen:

It depends on the cockyness. A person could be over cocky and end up getting showed up or they have proved themselves worthy of being cocky.

jcu27 said:
It depends on the cockyness. A person could be over cocky and end up getting showed up or they have proved themselves worthy of being cocky.

a lot of cocky in that post.. :D

Da'Rick Rogers was not utilized as a wideout as much as he is projected to be this year. He was used mostly as a kickoff returner and on end around plays last year. In fact, Da'Rick was fourth on the team in rushing behind David Oku (he has since transferred), Rajion Neal, and Tauren Poole, and third in kickoff returns behind Oku and Eric Gordon. He was seventh on the team in receiving. He will see a more expanded role this season, but he will not be as much of a deep threat as Justin Hunter.

That being said, if Tru Johnson should cover any one of our two best receivers, it would have to be Justin. I would not, however, rule out Johnson being put in to cover Da'Rick.

orangepeel said:
CabanVOL said:
Better video....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu3o9krZut4[/youtube]

Da'Rick has to actually show up for a game before anyone takes his trash seriously.

Actually.. after watching that video, I hope Tru does cover Da'Rick.. just saying..

After watching that video, it doesn't look like the SEC DB's had much luck covering this guy either! :shock:

Latest posts

Back