• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU vs CATS Showdown

signedbewildered said:
biga75 said:
If anybody wants a good chuckle, there is some pretty good wailing and gnashing of teeth going on over at BM.com right now.

Odd that they aren't all over here following up on the trash they talked in this thread. :cry:

Kinda hard to follow up on trash talk when you drowning in cat piss..

Roasted|

MTGrizzFan said:
bobcatozzy said:
Did you hear a eagle fan on the tv say ftg what a bunch of douche fans.

Didn't hear that....pretty lame

I didn't hear it but I'm sure that there's never an instance of drunk fans celebrating after a win and saying or doing anything stupid at any other school in the country :shock: :lol:
Certainly all Griz fans are the model of decorum at all times and in all venues.

Just type it into your search engine and you get plenty of entries for much worse behavior after games. So if you heard a fan say FTG, big deal. It's stupid (kind of like MSU fans burning stuffed bears before every game), but it's pretty innocuous as things go.

HannahO said:
MTGrizzFan said:
bobcatozzy said:
Did you hear a eagle fan on the tv say ftg what a bunch of douche fans.

Didn't hear that....pretty lame

I didn't hear it but I'm sure that there's never an instance of drunk fans celebrating after a win and saying or doing anything stupid at any other school in the country :shock: :lol:
Certainly all Griz fans are the model of decorum at all times and in all venues.

Thanks, HannahO. You're starting to get it now.

Fahque said:
wbtfg said:
EWU put up crazy numbers in this game...

8 possessions, 8 touchdowns.
EWU only faced 6 third downs the entire game (more TD's than 3rd downs).
Adams had 4 passing TD's and 1 rushing TD, and only 2 incompletions.
EWU 2nd string QB had 1 TD and 0 incompletions.
EWU had 8.7 yards per rush and 17.4 yards per pass.
Try 9 possession, 9 TDs :shock:

Edit: never mind, you're correct

they had 9 possessions but the last one was taking a knee or two. they scored at will...cats got out run on pass plays like we did ...... #22 running back for the eagles is fun to watch, kupp's catch in the endzone for the last td was stellar....he out fought and jumped for it, i was practically standing right behind him in the endzone bleachers
he has not met his match yet....someone who can really cover him.
watching the cats play today makes me believe we can win......their pass coverage is alot like ours...soft and forgiving.

zirge said:
Fahque said:
wbtfg said:

they had 9 possessions but the last one was taking a knee or two. they scored at will...cats got out run on pass plays like we did ...... #22 running back for the eagles is fun to watch, kupp's catch in the endzone for the last td was stellar....he out fought and jumped for it, i was practically standing right behind him in the endzone bleachers
watching the cats play today makes me believe we can win......their pass coverage is alot like ours...soft and forgiving.

Yeah, the clocked stopped more drives than the defense.

wbtfg said:
zirge said:
Fahque said:
wbtfg said:

lol.....sad but true....va and his receiving crew are the very best in the bsc and that is that

Defense thought it was a bye week and didn't show up for the bus ride. :lol: Not a fun game but I knew it would be tough to stop EWU but not that hard. Griz Defense is better than ours hands down. You guys almost pulled the win off against them. I am not looking forward to playing you guys in a couple of weeks. We have imploded on the defensive side. D coordinator had no answers how to defend the EWU offense. EWU came out and shut down the run game in the second half. We came out and did what didn't work the first half. If we make the playoffs I can see maybe a two and out at best. Shows the polls really don't do a good job of ranking teams.

bobcat92 said:
Defense thought it was a bye week and didn't show up for the bus ride. :lol: Not a fun game but I knew it would be tough to stop EWU but not that hard. Griz Defense is better than ours hands down. You guys almost pulled the win off against them. I am not looking forward to playing you guys in a couple of weeks. We have imploded on the defensive side. D coordinator had no answers how to defend the EWU offense. EWU came out and shut down the run game in the second half. We came out and did what didn't work the first half. If we make the playoffs I can see maybe a two and out at best. Shows the polls really don't do a good job of ranking teams.
EWU has some very talented players, especially at WR.

Yeah, I'm not gonna put much stock in MSU's defensive performance against EWU today, as it relates to Griz-Cat anyway. First off, EWU is doing that s--t to everybody in this league. I know it's a bitter pill for Griz and Cat fans alike, but it's true. And anyway, when it gets to Nov. 23, all past performances are out the window, trends are out the window, all bets are off. I'm sure Montana State's defense will be ready to go on Nov. 23, as I expect the Griz to be just as ready.

zirge said:
wbtfg said:
zirge said:
Fahque said:

lol.....sad but true....va and his receiving crew are the very best in the bsc and that is that

Certainly in the conference, perhaps in the country. Baldwin has recruited some highly skilled skill players.

EWU Vernon Adams is clearly is the best QB in the country...it's not even up for discussion. :shock: Playa! Their WRs and tailback are tremendously talented as well.

Love this msu head coach quote, on sportsnetwork website, referring to EWU vs msu game:

"I've never seen anything like it," Bobcats coach Rob Ash said. "Throwing the ball, running the ball, they were very, very impressive. They made every play."

Watched the late-night replay on ROOT, what a disaster for MSU.

EWU didn't play any defense for the most part either, I only remember one punt from MSU in the first quarter, every other time they had the ball they scored a TD except a missed FG early in the 3rd, until midway through the 4th when they were playing desperation ball. Most games that would be good enough for a blowout win, but Vernon and the boys lit them up from kickoff to final gun, really a dominating performance by their offense, I don't think they can play any better than they did today. Lot of questions coming this week for the Cat defense, they couldn't stop or cover anybody, and any halftime adjustments they made didn't work either, I don't look at BN but it must be a shitstorm over there.

After watching this game the Cat/Griz game should be a treat, get ready for another track meet.

CDAGRIZ said:
Just saw Shoota's post-game interview. I like him. He doesn't sound nearly as dumb as I thought he was. Seems like a good kid.

I think he probably is a good kid, I'm sure they've been working with him on carrying himself better around the media. Probably starting to sink in that he is going to be more heavily in demand for PR related items with the success he's having.

Fun watching him play today, I just wish the little bastard was a senior.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Just saw Shoota's post-game interview. I like him. He doesn't sound nearly as dumb as I thought he was. Seems like a good kid.

I think he probably is a good kid, I'm sure they've been working with him on carrying himself better around the media. Probably starting to sink in that he is going to be more heavily in demand for PR related items with the success he's having.

I see he got rid of that ridiculous haircut too...I've said this before: I heard him interviewed by Colin Cowherd after the OSU win...he was polite, humble and well spoken then. Yesterday's interview just reinforced that perception...he's an incredibly gifted athlete and I wish he played for the Griz. He's what we thought Trent McKinney was going to be.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Hopefully he follows the footsteps of Taiwan Jones and Brandon Kaufman and leaves early and enters himself into the NFL draft...

Back