• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Expect Ratio of Griz Fans Saturday

kemajic said:
mcg said:
gah-riz said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/rpgagliardi/status/504355259083280384[/tweet]

Kind of sad to me. I'm surprised there aren't 2,000 Griz fans willing to go to Laramie. I understand that there will be some who sourced their tix elsewhere but I suspect the Athletic Department negotiated the payout from Wyo on the basis that they could sell all 2,000. The 1,000 tix returned cost the athletic budget $40,000.
Yes, a truly disappointing performance by GrizNation. In an unusual deal, In addition to the $400 M payout, UM received all revenue for the sale of their allotted tickets. Anyone who bought from Wyoming instead poured their money into the Wyoming program. This is not news; it's been stated here numerous times in numerous threads. I suspect that anyone that was turned away by GoGriz was past the deadline to return tix to Wyoming. I had no problem securing 4 tix from GoGriz in early August.

A couple of points, 1) Don't be greedy and charge $12 more per ticket than Wyoming. Regular price is better than $0. This goes for tickets in general and is gouging the fan base. 2) Advertise the facts you stated about gate proceeds to your season ticket holders. Unless you read every thread on this board chances are you weren't aware. I buy my tickets online and they have my email address yet I don't get marketed very much. I get cross marketing from MSU and EWU way more often.

havgrizfan said:
I get an email of some kind from gogriz.com and umt.edu almost every single day.
Same here. Possibly because we contribute in several ways and don't bother to price shop ticket prices when it's the difference of whether UM gets the money or UW.

People are over reacting thinking Griz Nation is not traveling to Wyoming. The fact 1,000 tickets were returned speaks more of a lack of Wyoming fan interest than Griz. Rest assured, if Wyoming had sold out, every one of the 2000 tickets allotted to the Griz would have been purchased. As it is now, however, Griz fans are able to buy cheaper tickets and get better seats by buying tickets straight from Wyoming, which is a no brainer. I'm quite certain the Griz will be well represented.

kemajic said:
havgrizfan said:
I get an email of some kind from gogriz.com and umt.edu almost every single day.
Same here. Possibly because we contribute in several ways and don't bother to price shop ticket prices when it's the difference of whether UM gets the money or UW.

Okay guys thanks for being better fans than those that do have to price shop. Now just to be clear there's a difference between the outlets you named and griztix. I am going to ask again did they send an email explaining that UM got to keep the gate of what they sold? That's not a typical practice so why would people assume by buying worse seats from UM at 12 more would be a good thing.

ranco said:
People are over reacting thinking Griz Nation is not traveling to Wyoming. The fact 1,000 tickets were returned speaks more of a lack of Wyoming fan interest than Griz. Rest assured, if Wyoming had sold out, every one of the 2000 tickets allotted to the Griz would have been purchased. As it is now, however, Griz fans are able to buy cheaper tickets and get better seats by buying tickets straight from Wyoming, which is a no brainer. I'm quite certain the Griz will be well represented.

This doesn't make any sense. The tickets weren't available to Wyoming fans, they were available to Griz fans through Montana ticketing outlets.. why would Wyoming fans call the Griz box office for tickets?

oGriz said:
Also, I thought I read that the 2000 tickets for the Wyoming game were available to season ticket? holders first. Something like that.

I've no clue, but I certainly hope this isn't the case. And it has nothing to do with season ticket holders. I just think that tactic would handcuff sales.

Latest posts

Back