• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Expectations for this season

grizindabox said:
....no posts.....drip with more....irony....than those of.....75.......if he were....only a fraction.....of how great.....he thinks he is......he would be.....Mother Teresa.....

Never in the history of the universe has someone so obsessed with themselves, so incredibly ignorant, with such a horribly inaccurate self portrayal of ones self ever achieved the accomplishments and highly regarded positions that he claims to have held.

screen-shot-2017-02-10-at-2-36-50-pm.png

Nevermind!!!

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Never in the history of the universe has someone so obsessed with themselves, so incredibly ignorant, with such a horribly inaccurate self portrayal of ones self ever achieved the accomplishments and highly regarded positions that he claims to have held.
Irony alert!

Back on topic, I'm excited to see some of our new WRs in games this year.

As far as expectations go, if we've finally put all the shit from last year behind us, there's no reason with this schedule that we shouldn't go 7-4.

Stitt always seems to win one game he shouldn't (NDSU and UNI) and lose two he shouldn't (CP and WSU in 2015 and UNC and MSU last year). Hopefully that second trend stops this season.

My expectation on a week by week basis

Vs. Valpo - Win

@ Washington - Hard L, it will not be pretty

Vs. Savannah State - Win

Vs. EWU - L, they're pretty good, and coming off a national semifinal appearance. Even thought it's at home, and they lost their coach, it will be close but not in our favor

@ Portland State - Win

@ Idaho State - Win

Vs. North Dakota - Win, really looking forward to this game

@ Weber State - Loss, gotta have a random road loss somewhere, and after a win streak, this seems like a Likely snap

Vs. NAU - Win

Vs. NoCo - Win, I mean come on.

@ Montana State - Win, but I don't feel comfortable calling it.

So that puts us at 8-3 (6-2) on the year. Get to the playoffs, make second round. After last year. Let's just get back to winning.

[/b]
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Vs. Valpo - Win

Vs. Savannah State - Win

Vs. EWU - L, they're pretty good, and coming off a national semifinal appearance. Even thought it's at home, and they lost their coach, it will be close but not in our favor

@ Portland State - Win

@ Idaho State - Win

@ Weber State - Loss, gotta have a random road loss somewhere, and after a win streak, this seems like a Likely snap

Vs. NAU - Win

So that puts us at 8-3 (6-2) on the year. Get to the playoffs, make second round. After last year. Let's just get back to winning.
Here's the way I look at the cat game. Last year the cats got to play UC Davis at home and have a nice easy warm up into Missoula, while the griz got to go on the road and play arguably the best team N. Colorado has had since they moved up to D.I. This year, we get to play a N. Colorado team that won't be nearly as good as last year and the cats get to go on the road and play a very good N. Arizona team at 7,000 feet of elevation. That's why I give the griz the advantage and the win against the cats. That and we have a much more talented team than them this year :D

Griz til I die said:
[/b]
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Vs. Valpo - Win

Vs. Savannah State - Win

@ Portland State - Win

@ Idaho State - Win

Vs. NAU - Win

Here's the way I look at the cat game. Last year the cats got to play UC Davis at home and have a nice easy warm up into Missoula, while the griz got to go on the road and play arguably the best team N. Colorado has had since they moved up to D.I. This year, we get to play a N. Colorado team that won't be nearly as good as last year and the cats get to go on the road and play a very good N. Arizona team at 7,000 feet of elevation. That's why I give the griz the advantage and the win against the cats. That and we have a much more talented team than them this year :D

I mean, yeah, last year was definitely a strange year. I suppose I didn't follow the Big Sky that much outside the Griz, but I was under the impression that UC Davis was pretty good and NoCo was pretty much bearshit. Maybe I'm thinking of Cal Poly. And you're definitely right about the talent difference though. Despite the QB hole, were better across the board than the cats.

uofmman1122 said:
Back on topic, I'm excited to see some of our new WRs in games this year.

As far as expectations go, if we've finally put all the shit from last year behind us, there's no reason with this schedule that we shouldn't go 7-4.

Stitt always seems to win one game he shouldn't (NDSU and UNI) and lose two he shouldn't (CP and WSU in 2015 and UNC and MSU last year). Hopefully that second trend stops this season.

Will that ever be known or water under the bridge now.
OK I am going with a solid 7-4 at least. Spring ball made me excited about QB play, at least everyone of them can RUN THE BALL off of the fake. That simple fact will get us going, moving the chains.

Griz til I die said:
[/b]
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Vs. Valpo - Win

Vs. Savannah State - Win

@ Portland State - Win

@ Idaho State - Win

Vs. NAU - Win

Here we are. 1 week away from the start of the season. We got our starting Qb (Phillips) the offense looks drastically improved, and our defense looks virtually impossible to get past. We have a pretty favorable schedule getting all the tough teams at home. My final prediction is 10-1. I really feel that this team has turned it around in fall camp but realistically we won't know until the Eastern game. What's your guys' final prediction?

Griz til I die said:
Here we are. 1 week away from the start of the season. We got our starting Qb (Phillips) the offense looks drastically improved, and our defense looks virtually impossible to get past. We have a pretty favorable schedule getting all the tough teams at home. My final prediction is 10-1. I really feel that this team has turned it around in fall camp but realistically we won't know until the Eastern game. What's your guys' final prediction?

I still want to see how the team plays in some games, before I solidify my expectations for the seasons. In the offseason, the spring, and even several weeks ago, I would have thought even an optimistic prediction would not get the team to 10-1. However, after glancing at the schedule, it's conceivable that only UW is not a possible win. Not saying the Griz will get to 10-1, or even close, but I now feel it's more possible than I felt earlier. A number of important things are going in the right direction, and appear to be falling into place.

Phillips spoke very positively on the team at the GG Encounter, not that he made any predictions. He was articulate. If the receivers can keep catching everything, including some big time catches like they did yesterday, and Phillips can keep throwing the ball accurately and without mistakes, my optimism will be keep increasing. I think EWU is a possible win. Don't think EWU will be as good as in the recent past, and not hitting on all cylinders yet in any event, and the Griz appear to have the chance to be better than I had thought.

This team is making big strides and will end up at either 8-3 or 7-4. Hopefully special teams shows up to the party.

get'em_griz said:
I'm still sticking with 8-3.

My guess earlier was 8-3 as well. A lot of factors to take into account...injuries included. I feel that 10-1 isn't out of the question just as PR says, but what if there is a rain game? Or a few too many Pick-6s? That costly fumble in our own territory on a kick return? I'd love 10-1, but 8-3 is a solid season and hopefully keeps this going.

AZDoc said:
get'em_griz said:

My guess earlier was 8-3 as well. A lot of factors to take into account...injuries included. I feel that 10-1 isn't out of the question just as PR says, but what if there is a rain game? Or a few too many Pick-6s? That costly fumble in our own territory on a kick return? I'd love 10-1, but 8-3 is a solid season and hopefully keeps this going.

Ya, 10-1 just flat out isn't happening for you guys. Don't forget about the QB problem. When your #1 goes down for a few games as they always do in Stitt's system the rust will be evident and the timing won't be there and you'll lose games because of it. As you all know - the team goes as the QB goes in that system. If the QB isn't "On" and rock solid you lose. That's the history of Stitt's offense and it has never changed.

poorgriz said:
AZDoc said:
get'em_griz said:

Ya, 10-1 just flat out isn't happening for you guys. Don't forget about the QB problem. When your #1 goes down for a few games as they always do in Stitt's system the rust will be evident and the timing won't be there and you'll lose games because of it. As you all know - the team goes as the QB goes in that system. If the QB isn't "On" and rock solid you lose. That's the history of Stitt's offense and it has never changed.

I guess that's better than the entire team going down (the shitter) like it does with <insert name of latest wet fart of an MSU coach here>.

poorgriz said:
AZDoc said:
get'em_griz said:

I am now convinced that Stitt must've screwed your wife, sister, or boyfriend. Maybe all 3. You seem disgruntled or infatuated with him and it's eerie. Is this Gregorak??

So give us your high and mighty prediction for your kittens Ty.

Back