• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Favorite incoming freshmen

AZDoc said:
But did we win the state?

According to bozo state, UM did not win the state.

However, no recruiting analyst in the country gives :twocents: about bozo states' class.

But remember, bozo state won bozo (Chapman, Marks). Go figure.

brewskis said:
GoldStandardGriz said:
Tough to select just a few, I like 'em all. But.....

Offense:
Jensen- QB of the future, 'nuff said.
Jackson/Eickmeyer- couldn't choose between these two, but I believe both are coming in rip-roaring & ready.

Defense:
Longoria- I like the big guys in the middle. As he gets bigger & stronger he'll be a stalwart force on the line.
Egbo- Intrigued by his size & athleticism in the defensive backfield, & I think the coaches really see something there.

I could easily go back & select a new quartet & be equally excited, future is bright indeed.
Longoria was right up there for me too. I think with a year on redshirt he's going to be nasty in the middle.

A cool note about Longoria from Stitt's player intros on Wednesday - apparently Esa weighed in at 307 lbs on his trip to UM this winter. He is already big enough to be a great DT at this level. When you combine that with his great feet, surprising speed and whomping power (all of which will improve nicely with a redshirt year) you can see that he could turn into a special force in the middle for four years!

firmgriz said:
A cool note about Longoria from Stitt's player intros on Wednesday - apparently Esa weighed in at 307 lbs on his trip to UM this winter. He is already big enough to be a great DT at this level. When you combine that with his great feet, surprising speed and whomping power (all of which will improve nicely with a redshirt year) you can see that he could turn into a special force in the middle for four years!

He'll definitely be counted on for four years. After a redshirt year, interior DL numbers are slim:

NT

SR Brandt Davidson
SR Nate Bradley
RS-FR Esai Longoria

DT

SR Myles McKee-Osibodu
SO Kyle Davis
RS-FR Randy Rodriguez

And that's if walkons Bradley and Davis are still with the team then.

I wonder if the Griz will add more transfers here in 2017? Or just add more HS studs like Longoria ect.

PlayerRep said:
Josh Egbo. Has terrific potential.

Good call.

When I saw his RB highlights, I said I could see him in the secondary. The kid is majorly athletic. He has no ceiling. :cool:

HelenaHandBasket said:
033b4a4f306100190124cad337fd4085.jpg

BS. There's no WAY that's a freshman. :shock: :shock: :shock:

HelenaHandBasket said:
NativeGriz said:
Helena, you need to concentrate and quit postings photos of my wife.
Back to subject, Toure provided my favorite video, followed by Green, followed by several WRs.
D was a toss up with several players.
Hard to pick just one or two guys with such a great class. There are some great kids that might not see the field (much), but would have started in past years.
The future is bright.

I am fine with you paying the bills while I plow the fields!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

blackfootipa said:
Conlan Beaver - Obviously Thayne Jackson is something to be excited about but Conlan Beaver is going to be right there as the toughest SOB on the line. This kid is going to work really hard and play mean.

Samori Toure' - This kid is going to take WR screens to the house.

Trase LeTexier - My pick to wear 37 from this class.

Gavin Crow - Our next safety to play in the NFL.

DzNV2sG.jpg

Dude I am totally stealing that image for my avatar!!!! Love it! Drink up the Griz Kool Aid...bathe in it...wallow in it. Go GRIZ!

Jensen- Besides his QB skills, what impresses me is the fact that he wasn't on anyone's board at QB until, I think Selle, spotted him. He was know as a tough, hard hitting CB. Although he will most likley RS, I feel this young man will push for the starting job much sooner than many expect.
Nagler- Of all the talented WRs in this class, I think Jed is the most prepared to play....soon.
Green- Ya, I know this is three but, he should be on some FBS roster.

Crow- What intrigues me about Gavin is, I seem to remember he is also a martial arts expert. Great focus.
All the D linemen...damn I hope so.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Good opening post, brewskis. Well said, I agree with you on everything. You must have laid off the Hams a tad. :thumb:

In addition to those players, I'd say Akem (a nightmare to cover at the H) and a dark horse, DE Noah Gerald. If he can add some muscle, I think this kid is going to be a very special pass rusher, because Gerald is already fast and gets after people.

I could practically list the whole class however! :lol: I am still in awe. :shock:
Not nearly as much as I should have. :party:

brewskis said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Good opening post, brewskis. Well said, I agree with you on everything. You must have laid off the Hams a tad. :thumb:

In addition to those players, I'd say Akem (a nightmare to cover at the H) and a dark horse, DE Noah Gerald. If he can add some muscle, I think this kid is going to be a very special pass rusher, because Gerald is already fast and gets after people.

I could practically list the whole class however! :lol: I am still in awe. :shock:
Not nearly as much as I should have. :party:

:-D

cclarkblues said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

You know you're getting old when your first thought is, "Hey, that's not a Griz jersey!".

Worse yet, when you pull the picture wider to note that it's an eagle on the sleeve. That's old...

I'm like the fat lady that seems to forget to sing...I simply love all of our new recruits. As I drift through these young men and the skill each brings I will allow for a status observation as the spring ball gets rolling. Some great sounding kids and like I mentioned I love em all!

Cfalls, I agree, I don't know if he'll be my favorite, hell every damn player is my favorite. But Corbin may just be ready to make an impact as fall camp breaks. I think the Griz may lose a WR or two from last year's class before school is out, and I sincerely doubt Corbin red-shirts.

CFallsGriz said:
Corbin

Mark it down.

My son plays college baseball and a couple of his teammates are from CA and played with or know Corbin from high school...they are stunned that he's going to Montana and not a "bigger" school...they call him an out and out freak of nature, a man among boys. I don't have any favorites yet, but I like what Corbin's contemporaries have to say about him.

Latest posts

Back