• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fire him

Fahque said:
onrasekt said:
I came to the realization last night that I am just like am enabling spouse of an alcoholic. I was a huge fan of the Stitt hire because of his offensive reputation and the idea of spreading out the offense to throw the ball. A more modern offense would surely attract more recruits, namely the ones that are now going to Eastern instead of Montana. Well we have a spread offense that has shown flashes but in reality most of the production is between the 20s and for 2+ years the red zone has been a bit of a struggle. Recruiting had gone well and Stitt definitely has his players all over the field and the just are failing to progress. I have defended him and his decision making for 2 years now because I firmly believe Stitt was the coach to bring Montana back to relevance. Montana can make the playoffs with and 8-3 record and Stitt will probably save his job if they do so but who here really thinks this team can win 6 of their last 7? And by the way when was just making the playoffs good enough?
Sorry but this team has scored on every trip it has taken into the RZ I believe. Offense isn't the problem

Sometimes you wonder what game people are watching. 42 points and 528 yards of offense and somehow OFFENSE is the problem?? :? :?

Fahque said:
onrasekt said:
I came to the realization last night that I am just like am enabling spouse of an alcoholic. I was a huge fan of the Stitt hire because of his offensive reputation and the idea of spreading out the offense to throw the ball. A more modern offense would surely attract more recruits, namely the ones that are now going to Eastern instead of Montana. Well we have a spread offense that has shown flashes but in reality most of the production is between the 20s and for 2+ years the red zone has been a bit of a struggle. Recruiting had gone well and Stitt definitely has his players all over the field and the just are failing to progress. I have defended him and his decision making for 2 years now because I firmly believe Stitt was the coach to bring Montana back to relevance. Montana can make the playoffs with and 8-3 record and Stitt will probably save his job if they do so but who here really thinks this team can win 6 of their last 7? And by the way when was just making the playoffs good enough?
Sorry but this team has scored on every trip it has taken into the RZ I believe. Offense isn't the problem

Agreed, 14/14 I think was the last I saw. And most of them TD's.

It's not about leniency and where he's from it's about keeping this program relevant. Didn't Glen fire an offensive coordinator in the middle of the year? I for one could care less what past coaches, or friends say. He could be my best friend and if someone's not getting the job done then he will be told.

nzone said:
It's not about leniency and where he's from it's about keeping this program relevant. Didn't Glen fire an offensive coordinator in the middle of the year? I for one could care less what past coaches, or friends say. He could be my best friend and if someone's not getting the job done then he will be told.
Correct, There is a fine line between friends who work together . The boss is the boss you cannot be friends with someone who is your subordinate.
Stitt needs to realize this and man up and do his job

I stand corrected. Montana is 16 of 16 in the red zone this season. Total offense is 1st in Big Sky and Total defense is 10th. Obviously defense is a problem but last year Montana finished 1st in total defense and it certainly didn't look like it on the field.

Inland NW Griz said:
Phat Cat said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Phat Cat said:
Miss Ty yet?
No.... I for one miss a complete coaching staff with qualified coaches at their respective positions. For example, semore imo is no more than a high school quality quadinator and ty Gregorak no more than a career linebackers coach who in tragic year of dipshittery at the highest levels of the um administration was thrust into a position he'd never proven himself adequate to coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm damn glad you guy's don't miss him. We sure in the hell love him and feel lucky to have him. Thank You.

he's not going to be pleased you're taking a break from blowing him. Im sure you're still working him over though. Im guessing your wrist strength is epic

George Ferguson said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I wonder how much more leniency Stitt would get if he was from a strong Butte family with Montana ties . . .

BOOM. CDA, that's a legit and completely valid question. But alas, many will not answer it truthfully. And, I guess they don't have to since Stitt is from Nebraska. He's also a Joe Glenn disciple, and one of Glenn's closest friends. Glenn will NOT be happy if Stitt were to be fired. How do I know? Because I point blanked asked him that question at the MCA this summer. He's behind Stitt 150 percent. You know who else is? Another guy that always gets a lot of love on here. MVD. He and Stitt are very tight.

Joe Glenn blew out of Missoula the first chance he got. Why would anyone care what he thinks?

Blgs Griz Fan said:
George Ferguson said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I wonder how much more leniency Stitt would get if he was from a strong Butte family with Montana ties . . .

BOOM. CDA, that's a legit and completely valid question. But alas, many will not answer it truthfully. And, I guess they don't have to since Stitt is from Nebraska. He's also a Joe Glenn disciple, and one of Glenn's closest friends. Glenn will NOT be happy if Stitt were to be fired. How do I know? Because I point blanked asked him that question at the MCA this summer. He's behind Stitt 150 percent. You know who else is? Another guy that always gets a lot of love on here. MVD. He and Stitt are very tight.

Joe Glenn blew out of Missoula the first chance he got. Why would anyone care what he thinks?

MVD probably should be more concerned with his own job security....

Stitt does need to go. He is not that bright and is in way over his head at this level. Patience with him will just be kicking the can down the road. Not an advocate of hauck coming back. We really messed up when phflugrad was fired.

I agree, an inexcusable loss Typical Stitt = Strike one! Lose to the Smellykats = Strike two! No post season, home games =Strike three! Your out of here!!! Win that game you win the conference, go to post season and get two home games. A real bad time to wet yourself... I guess I'll go south, fishing.:( :(

Blgs Griz Fan said:
George Ferguson said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Didn't seem to help Delaney....

Glendivegriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Glendivegriz said:
Fire him. He is NIAA coach. Crowd was into it. Had a lead and nothing. We are headed to last season.

Curious, what is a NIAA coach?

Below Naia where you belong as the board spellchecker.

Wasn't trying to be a spell checker. Just figured you were either drunk or stupid and wanted clarification. Thanks for clarifying.

Latest posts

Back