• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Former Prosecutor Calls Out Missoulian

It sounds to me like sour grapes. The Missoulian (and Wall Street Journal) did their jobs and exposed the corruption inside the UM good ole boys club. You can blame the Missoulian all you want, but it wasn't their journalists who were doing the assaulting/covering things up.

WILD_CAT said:
It sounds to me like sour grapes. The Missoulian (and Wall Street Journal) did their jobs and exposed the corruption inside the UM good ole boys club. You can blame the Missoulian all you want, but it wasn't their journalists who were doing the assaulting/covering things up.

Thanks for your input, Gwen!

Exactly what has been exposed? Lots of allegations at this point but no "exposure" in my opinion. Donaldson is the only thing I have seen that is concrete. Do you have other facts?

I believe that unless everyone (including football coaches, university officials, law enforcement, and newspaper reporters) is accountable to someone then then there is a real danger of them running amok. We have a case study of that very thing. It's funny to me that some people tend to defend the press at all costs yet the press these days is now just big business, the very thing they seem to despise. Hipocrasy at its finest. When the final shoe drops there had better be accountability for all.

What is interesting is that Kirsten would be one of the logical people to go to in doing a news article on any of this.

She handled these kinds of cases for years, has an excellent track record of aggressive prosecutions, can hardly be said to be part of any "old boys club," and would be one of the very few people with genuine knowledge of how these cases are handled, how UM's were handled relative to others, and yet .... the Missoulian never bothered?

Florio goes to the director of the YWCA, ostensibly out of the blue, to add hearsay to allegations of a "testosterone soaked universe," but won't -- underscore won't -- go and talk to a genuine professional at the heart of the reporting and prosecuting system?

That's journalism?

WILD_CAT said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic.

UMGriz75 said:
What is interesting is that Kirsten would be one of the logical people to go to in doing a news article on any of this.

She handled these kinds of cases for years, has an excellent track record of aggressive prosecutions, can hardly be said to be part of any "old boys club," and would be one of the very few people with genuine knowledge of how these cases are handled, how UM's were handled relative to others, and yet .... the Missoulian never bothered?

Florio goes to the director of the YWCA, ostensibly out of the blue, to add hearsay to allegations of a "testosterone soaked universe," but won't -- underscore won't -- go and talk to a genuine professional at the heart of the reporting and prosecuting system?

That's journalism?

Boom, headshot.

MrTitleist said:
UMGriz75 said:

That's journalism?

Boom, headshot.

Really?

The bulk of the articles were written while she was still in the County Attorneys office. She couldn't have commented if she wanted to. Coming out now sounds like she is trying to justify/defend her self in an investigation of her former office. Not saying that's the case just that its what it sounds like, might be why its down.

tnt said:
MrTitleist said:
UMGriz75 said:

That's journalism?

Boom, headshot.

Really?

The bulk of the articles were written while she was still in the County Attorneys office. She couldn't have commented if she wanted to. Coming out now sounds like she is trying to justify/defend her self in an investigation of her former office. Not saying that's the case just that its what it sounds like, might be why its down.

She could've commented in general terms. DA offices do it all the time.

Has anyone written a Letter to the Editor debunking that hit job article about eGriz? I would like to see that made up article called out in the Missoulian.

tnt said:
MrTitleist said:
UMGriz75 said:

That's journalism?

Boom, headshot.

Really?

Lay off the Florio Koolaid, TNT. You can't honestly think that anyting coming from the Glorio is meant to be objective and truthful. She has an agenda and she will not let facts get in the way of it.

tnt said:
MrTitleist said:
UMGriz75 said:

That's journalism?

Boom, headshot.

Really?

She was commenting on the lack of quality of the Missoulian's reporting, and what the Missoulian was saying, not defending her former office. I don't recall the Missoulian criticizing the county attorney's office in any event, except I suppose some accuser might have complained that her complaint wasn't pursued. However, most of those comments of accusers were directed at the police investigation not the county attorneys office. I didn't read the article/blog as defending herself at all. Even if she was, what's wrong with that? Do you think it's wrong to defend oneself from unfair criticism and untruths? Again, you're stretching. It's amazing how you keep talking statements or events, and then trying to say something else was said or done.

tnt said:
Kirsten left the County Attorney's office the third week of February, nearly six weeks before the AD and Coach were fired.

Don't recall the Missoulian being the one investigating the County Attorneys Office. I think thats thwe department of Justice

But as far as inaccurate statements, I believe you made the same claim when I mention shortly after the firings that there would be a DOJ investigation with a very broad scope in addition to a DOE investigation with the NCAA bringing up the rear. This was also at the same time you were telling me what an idiot I was for thinking that that the most that could happen was an agreement to pay off the contracts. In fact according to you it was going to be in the 7 figures because of a case essentially involving commissioned sales people who were replaced (a common tactic when they actually make their commisions and the employer has to pay up.) Oh I might also point out you teeth almost popped out when I said Foley was also going with other high ranking administrators. You have never grasped the concept that it isn't about the players and never has been. I also was jumped on by stating that Kristen had some stake in this and would come out with something after she was out of the office for a while. I thought for a while it was related to her testifying at a Honor committee hearing, apparently its broader. (I'm beginning to wonder if it wasn't her decision to not pursue the earlier cases and is wondering how they may stand up to review, but that's a different matter)

The more amazing thing is you are still holding to some thread of of a belief, this is no big thing. Its a very big thing. If anyone sounds like blithering old man in a a nursing home wearing a bib to catch his drool its you. Your inside info has proven time and time again to be departmental scuttlebutt and far short from what is really happening and has happened.

tnt said:
Don't recall the Missoulian being the one investigating the County Attorneys Office. I think thats thwe department of Justice

But as far as inaccurate statements, I believe you made the same claim when I mention shortly after the firings that there would be a DOJ investigation with a very broad scope in addition to a DOE investigation with the NCAA bringing up the rear. This was also at the same time you were telling me what an idiot I was for thinking that that the most that could happen was an agreement to pay off the contracts. In fact according to you it was going to be in the 7 figures because of a case essentially involving commissioned sales people who were replaced (a common tactic when they actually make their commisions and the employer has to pay up.) Oh I might also point out you teeth almost popped out when I said Foley was also going with other high ranking administrators. You have never grasped the concept that it isn't about the players and never has been. I also was jumped on by stating that Kristen had some stake in this and would come out with something after she was out of the office for a while. I thought for a while it was related to her testifying at a Honor committee hearing, apparently its broader. (I'm beginning to wonder if it wasn't her decision to not pursue the earlier cases and is wondering how they may stand up to review, but that's a different matter)

The more amazing thing is you are still holding to some thread of of a belief, this is no big thing. Its a very big thing. If anyone sounds like blithering old man in a a nursing home wearing a bib to catch his drool its you. Your inside info has proven time and time again to be departmental scuttlebutt and far short from what is really happening and has happened.

What are you talking about? I wasn't saying what you're saying. This is why I believe you are old and getting senile. Much of what you say is incorrect, distorted, or impossible to understand. My iniside information has actually been correct. I did say that some people had said the firings might cost about $1 million, and it looks like Pflu decided not to bring a lawsuit to seek the two additional years. However, I'm not sure that O'Day's matter has yet ended (don't know either way), and the various benefits being paid to O'Day and Pflu have not been put into to hard figures in any of the public information. Looks like the cost, so far, will be over a half million, not counting the university's legal fees and time.

TNT, your posts are showing your lack of logic, and, again, I think your senility or dementia is showing through.

Summary of discussion between PR and TNT:

PR: black is white. Black is white. Black is white. Black is white.

TNT: No it isn't. Show me how black is white.

PR: You are old and senile. Personal attack. I am unable to come up with accurate refutation of TNT.

JCU chimes in: Black IS white!! Thanks, PlayerRep!

Back