• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Funds pledged to help athletics: $210,760 **NEW NUMBER***

chris said:
Wow, this is awesome. I am proud to be part of such an amazing group of fans!

"Champions Center" isn't internet code for "upgrading Chris's servers", is it? :cool: :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
chris said:
Wow, this is awesome. I am proud to be part of such an amazing group of fans!

"Champions Center" isn't internet code for "upgrading Chris's servers", is it? :cool: :cool:

my servers are already rock solid. The things I do for you fans so the site doesn't ever go down and cause a riot. Them things are not cheap and are housed in a super secret, security controlled, bullet proof location in Seattle.

I called Dan Ingram today and set it up. I wanted to do as much as I could, so I spread it out over 5 years, and they were fine with it. I would recommend doing whatever you can. This is a worthwhile project and will put us in an elite class at the FCS level. It is going to help get good quality candidates for the head coach and will make recruiting for the new coach much easier. The academic center will help recruit mom and dad, the facilities will help recruit the player. We are at a crossroads for this program. We can make a difference in moving us to the next level or we can sit behind our keyboards. If we have 60 egrizzers promise 100 dollars a year for the next 5 years, we are at 100,000. Lets not stop there. Lets shoot for 250,000.

BWahlberg said:
Got notice of a $1000 pledge made today! We're almost 75% to our goal!

I went to my first GSA auction Friday night. They did a raise your paddle auction and started at 10,000 and went down from there. They raised an additional 51,000 in just that one auction. Don't know if any of them were egrizzers, but 51,000 in about 10 minutes was pretty awesome. Keep it up egrizzers.

grizatwork said:
BWahlberg said:

I went to my first GSA auction Friday night. They did a raise your paddle auction and started at 10,000 and went down from there. They raised an additional 51,000 in just that one auction. Don't know if any of them were egrizzers, but 51,000 in about 10 minutes was pretty awesome. Keep it up egrizzers.

Having served 6 years on the local GSA board it's interesting where their funds come from. People assume the higher priority seating is their big money maker, it's actually not. The license plates, weekly tailgate party, auction, golf tournament, & wine festival usually have a much larger draw. I'll bet that auction actually made over $80,000 with the silent auction items too. The local GSA does some damn fine work for our athletes.

BWahlberg said:
grizatwork said:
BWahlberg said:

Having served 6 years on the local GSA board it's interesting where their funds come from. People assume the higher priority seating is their big money maker, it's actually not. The license plates, weekly tailgate party, auction, golf tournament, & wine festival usually have a much larger draw. I'll bet that auction actually made over $80,000 with the silent auction items too. The local GSA does some damn fine work for our athletes.

I left with 550 dollars less than I went there with and that was not including the money for tickets and the 2 gallons of beer I drank.

:beer:
grizatwork said:
BWahlberg said:
grizatwork said:
BWahlberg said:

I left with 550 dollars less than I went there with and that was not including the money for tickets and the 2 gallons of beer I drank.

:party: :thumb:

Updated with 3 donations/pledges made over the week.

Waiting on confirmation of two bigger pledges that could put us within $5000 of the goal!

Got a PM from a donor who has planned an extra $10,000 for facilities this year! Waiting to hear on a few others that were planning to get stuff in order "after the hire" so we may be getting close!

Got word from a parent of a player that he will be setting up a commitment for 5 years, updated the number!

ALMOST THERE!! $97,560 - got a few egrizzers who sent me messages last night that have set up pledge amounts and two others who bumped up their original pledge amount.

So close!!! Getting excited for pushing this over $100,000!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Back