• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gerald Kemp at QB next year??

citygriz said:
evident from the title game: we need more overall speed and athleticism on offense, and more mobility at qb. even if selle wins the qb position, stick kemp in there for at least a series each game just to shake things up. move trumaine to receiver. (isn't the best defense a good offense?) add cady and gratton to the receiving corps, and moore as a changeup to reynolds, and joe's old cadillac will be transformed into a dragster.
I really like what I saw of Kemp in the pre-season. I sure would not move Trumaine to wide receiver. He is a sure fire all-league corner of the future. :)

citygriz said:
evident from the title game: we need more overall speed and athleticism on offense, and more mobility at qb. even if selle wins the qb position, stick kemp in there for at least a series each game just to shake things up. move trumaine to receiver. (isn't the best defense a good offense?) add cady and gratton to the receiving corps, and moore as a changeup to reynolds, and joe's old cadillac will be transformed into a dragster.

a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.............................phen.

Hammer said:
citygriz said:

a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.............................phen.

Please stop bringing intelligence to this conversation.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Hammer said:
citygriz said:

Please stop bringing intelligence to this conversation.

You don't need to worry about Hammer ever doing that. We all know he got it from you or Biden. :thumb:

In the youdube that ronbo provided i really like what i see of this kid's running. it seems he'd rather deliver a hit than go out of bounds, and he has good quickness.

he needs to be on the field. :)

no doubt, the kid can run. actually, runs a LOT like landers. passing....hmmmm. some nice passes in the video, but not sure that it will be an easy transition for this kid into phen's passing scheme. didn't see kemp have to check to alternate receivers in the video, and he must be able to do that in phen's passing plays. as we all know, they frequently take a long time to develop, hence the sacks.....hope that they've really been working on his passing as previously stated. if he can develop and fit into current offense, that's great, but it would also be great to mold the offense around him just a bit. i'm doubtful that larson will get much of a shot at QB, actually. it looks like hauck is set on selle. i just haven't seen enough of selle to know if that's a good or bad thing. he's looked good, and he's looked bad, but mostly, haven't seen much of him.

With Kemp's tools, Selle is going to have his hands full beating him out - if the competition is still open. I'm not sure it is.

Well if Selle is Hauck's guy this conversation is over.

There are many examples of more talented guys sitting on the sidelines while Hauck's guy plays at a very low level.

I am in the anyone but Selle group.

I also like that Kemp hits people, that is what a QB should do to avoid injury.

Imagine Kemp with the speed and agility and passing....then handing to off to chase. roll out, rollout. up the gut.... up the gut....of the end....rollout. I think i could like this idea

The big difference in Landers and Kemp is weight. Landers was 220 to 225. Kemp is 185. He needs to put on some weight and related strength without losing his speed in order to take the pounding he would take running the ball like that in college.

84GRIZ said:
The big difference in Landers and Kemp is weight. Landers was 220 to 225. Kemp is 185. He needs to put on some weight and related strength without losing his speed in order to take the pounding he would take running the ball like that in college.

I think Kemp has put on some weight since he got to UM. In some of the pictures I have seen he seems huge. I bet when the roster is updated he will be closer to 210 IMO.

84GRIZ said:

Kemp is heavier than 185, that was a typo I believe, I recall someone that knew Kemp posted that he hasn't been 185 for quite sometime.

If Kemp were the starter, would the Griz think about moving to utilize the spread option more? I know they have made a practice of using it in spots -- usually for one or two series a game, in the past. It would seem to be a good system to capitalize on Kemp's strengths, while still keeping Chase and the passing game alive and well.

Or are Bobby and Phenice too stuck on their current, shitty system?

Middle Screen said:
If Kemp were the starter, would the Griz think about moving to utilize the spread option more? I know they have made a practice of using it in spots -- usually for one or two series a game, in the past. It would seem to be a good system to capitalize on Kemp's strengths, while still keeping Chase and the passing game alive and well.

Yes they are.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Middle Screen said:

Yes they are.

I figured as much. That's disappointing.

kemajic said:
grizpack said:
I know how he feels. I haven't been 185 for quite some time either. :(
I kept it there until 45 years ago....

Me too. I am running a new system called the middle (age) spread with no option. Its not real productive but the numbers do add up over time. :(

Middle Screen said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Middle Screen said:

Yes they are.

I figured as much. That's disappointing.

Alpha, are you talking to yourself?

Back