• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gerald Kemp at QB next year??

I would like to see Kemp and Larson battle it out and then have the Griz recruit Carver from Dillon. We would have three qb's in place to run the spread.

NativeGriz said:
Middle Screen said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Middle Screen said:
If Kemp were the starter, would the Griz think about moving to utilize the spread option more? I know they have made a practice of using it in spots -- usually for one or two series a game, in the past. It would seem to be a good system to capitalize on Kemp's strengths, while still keeping Chase and the passing game alive and well.

Or are Bobby and Phenice too stuck on their current, shitty system?

Yes they are.

I figured as much. That's disappointing.

Alpha, are you talking to yourself?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless you guys are switching to the wing-t, Kemp isn't going to be your starting qb next season. He was a 40% passer in high school and recruited as an athlete. UM has landed a number of players from California that were more highly recruited (and played tougher competition).

The Fan said:
Unless you guys are switching to the wing-t, Kemp isn't going to be your starting qb next season. He was a 40% passer in high school and recruited as an athlete. UM has landed a number of players from California that were more highly recruited (and played tougher competition).

I think if you read through the thread you'll see that someone who knows Gerald posted the explanation for the passing %, a new system and tons of drops.

The Fan said:

Fan, obviously you have never seen Kemp in action or on film. In addition you have your facts mixed up so lets clarify at least that part.....Kemp is an Athlete who was recruited as a Quarterback. Came to Montana to play Quarterback.

If he wanted to be recruited as an Athlete instead he did have inquiries from USC, Cal, UCLA, and Stanford...and other schools as well. Came to Montana to play QB.

One more time.....Kemp is at Montana to have an opportunity to play QB. Thinking he is going to play any other position is just speculation or wishful thinking on your part.

Those of us who have seen him in action and have done a little bit more research than just looking at the stats know he is definitely a threat to start at Quarterback next season if given the opportunity.

BTW- Kemp's high school ran a spread option offense his senior year, wing-t his jr year. According to his high school coach and other coaches from the area he ran both of those offenses very well.

Back