• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gerald Kemp

griz5700 said:
loyalgriz said:
One more thing...........until he actually scores a touchdown for the Griz.........I'm going to call him Gerald. ;) :roll:

True. Lets not get a head of ourselves.. That nickname is funny/rediculous...

Don't get your panties all in a bunch now - Kemp was given that nickname by his high school coach his sophmore year so it is not a new nickname. We all know him as G-Money here in San Diego and that's what we call him based on how he plays the game. Whether he scores a TD for Montana or not, he will always be known as G-Money to us. Whether you call him G Money or Gerald makes no difference to us ;) :roll:

No big deal on the nickname. :lol: :roll:

It's very common for athletes, especially the best athlete on the team, to be given the nickname, "Money".

How do these times compare to Montana high school times? It may be revealing how much he improved in each event from Junior year to Senior year.

Season Records

100 Meters
2007 Outdoor Junior 11.44a
2008 Outdoor Senior 11.24c

200 Meters
2007 Outdoor Junior 23.33a
2008 Outdoor Senior 22.65a

400 Meters
2006 Outdoor Sophomore 54.39a
2007 Outdoor Junior 53.34c
2008 Outdoor Senior 52.24c

Long Jump
2006 Outdoor Sophomore 19' 9
2007 Outdoor Junior 20' 0.5
2008 Outdoor Senior 22' 7.75w

Triple Jump
2008 Outdoor Senior 41' 8

hoopmaster111 said:
griz5700 said:
True. Lets not get a head of ourselves.. That nickname is funny/rediculous...

Don't get your panties all in a bunch now - Kemp was given that nickname by his high school coach his sophmore year so it is not a new nickname. We all know him as G-Money here in San Diego and that's what we call him based on how he plays the game. Whether he scores a TD for Montana or not, he will always be known as G-Money to us. Whether you call him G Money or Gerald makes no difference to us ;) :roll:

I just hope it doesn't become...."G-Why did he do that"? :D

62GRIZ said:
How do these times compare to Montana high school times? It may be revealing how much he improved in each event from Junior year to Senior year.

Season Records

100 Meters

200 Meters
2007 Outdoor Junior 23.33a
2008 Outdoor Senior 22.65a

400 Meters
2006 Outdoor Sophomore 54.39a
2007 Outdoor Junior 53.34c
2008 Outdoor Senior 52.24c

Long Jump
2006 Outdoor Sophomore 19' 9
2007 Outdoor Junior 20' 0.5
2008 Outdoor Senior 22' 7.75w

Triple Jump
2008 Outdoor Senior 41' 8

Kemp only triple jumped twice when the team needed to earn points for the team and ran only when needed as well. He only ran the 100 three times his Sr year and the 400 twice. His main event was the long jump. Still he was voted MVP for the RBHS Boys track team because he lead the team in points.

Kemp ran on the 4X100 relay and they started with a time of 44.27 in the first meet and ran a 42.26 at the in the san diego section finals to qualify for the state championship meet and ran a 42.21 in the state semi-finals (RB finished 15ths overall).

Kemp also ran on the 4X400 relay that started the season with a time of 3:32.81 and posted a season best of 3:26.80 in the palomar league finals

One thing to note - in California all divisions compete against each other to get to the state meet. There is only one state champion - no separate division champions.

62GRIZ said:

Season Records

100 Meters

I just looked up the 100 meter times and the Montana State record for the 100 is 10.74 but still, 11.24 will flat out get it done for a football player. There is no doubt that had he ran track more those times would be better as well but for a QB to run that kind of 100 meter time is pretty impressive in my mind. He will flat out run away from people.

What I like even better is that his 200 time of 22.65 (Montana State record is 21.51) Kids who can run that kind of 200 meters shows strenght and stamina.

Just for comparisons sake, Tuff Harris best 100 meter was 10.68 and 200 meter 21.63. Why Tuff's 100 meter time isn't the state record is a good question. Must have been wind aided or something.

VictorG said:
62GRIZ said:

Season Records

100 Meters

I just looked up the 100 meter times and the Montana State record for the 100 is 10.74 but still, 11.24 will flat out get it done for a football player. There is no doubt that had he ran track more those times would be better as well but for a QB to run that kind of 100 meter time is pretty impressive in my mind. He will flat out run away from people.

What I like even better is that his 200 time of 22.65 (Montana State record is 21.51) Kids who can run that kind of 200 meters shows strenght and stamina.

Just for comparisons sake, Tuff Harris best 100 meter was 10.68 and 200 meter 21.63. Why Tuff's 100 meter time isn't the state record is a good question. Must have been wind aided or something.

I believe his 10.68 was not run at either the divisionals or at state, which is required to be considered the state record (correct me if I'm wrong, track gurus).

As a side note, the Grizzlies' own Tyzer Cady ran a 10.4 in a meet his senior year, hand-timed and not wind-aided, which translates to an electronically-timed 10.64, which is even faster than Tuff's best time.

CrunchGriz said:
[
As a side note, the Grizzlies' own Tyzer Cady ran a 10.4 in a meet his senior year, hand-timed and not wind-aided, which translates to an electronically-timed 10.64, which is even faster than Tuff's best time.

Another Colstrip Kid. Boy they make them fast in that town!

Tyzer is listed as Fr. last year at 6ft and 180. Did he red shirt? Anyone know anything about him? That's a pretty darn nice combination of size, weight and speed for a WR.

VictorG said:
62GRIZ said:

Season Records

100 Meters

State records must be ran at the state meet. Tuff's time of 10.68 was FAT and ran at the Eastern A divisional and is still the Eastern A divisional record.

all I know is it seems like we have quite a bit of young speed that is coming up the ranks. Pretty exciting to think of the combination of size (OL) and speed we will have on offense.

a player with this talent needs to get some playing time next year. he is at a loaded position and coach bobby likes to play his seasoned players no matter what, ie cole. hopefully kemp will have the stamina to stick around if he is not selected to play alot unlike jamaine who's playing time may have been threatened by trumaine

zirge said:
a player with this talent needs to get some playing time next year. he is at a loaded position and coach bobby likes to play his seasoned players no matter what, ie cole. hopefully kemp will have the stamina to stick around if he is not selected to play alot unlike jamaine who's playing time may have been threatened by trumaine

Meaning that you think Cole was merely seasoned, and not good? Second-best in the conference, one of the top passing efficiency QBs in the country--but not quite good enough for you?

If so, who should have started over him?

Jus' wunnerin'....

CrunchGriz said:
zirge said:

Meaning that you think Cole was merely seasoned, and not good? Second-best in the conference, one of the top passing efficiency QBs in the country--but not quite good enough for you?

If so, who should have started over him?

Jus' wunnerin'....

not so much as who would start over him as getting to see some playing time with our other qb's to see what they can do..........like kemp. again coach bobby likes to roll with the seasoned players and we don't get to see much else. not thumping cole, i saw what he did this year. hopefully we can see kemp this year and not just 9 to 5 with selle............get it.

If you want to check out Kemp's times and jumps, he and a few other football players are on the indoor track team.

http://filemanager.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz3/news/files/pdf/tf/2009%20ID/09%20ID%20list.pdf

Sambrano had the best time in 55m, with Kemp and then Cady, all had times in the 6. range.

Back