• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GET BACK IN YOUR FREAKING SEATS!

Blackfootipa, are you one of those fire and brimstone, Bible thumping preachers? Won't work with the heathens you are preaching to, the tailgate crowd. You buy the ticket, you get through the gate. Thats it. You can walkabout, sit in a toilet stall all game, stay in your seat, or whatever. UM hasn't pulled a Weber State lockout on anyone.
Buying a ticket doesn't confer Griz status or character on the holder. Paying the GSA tithe to sit in YOUR SEATS does not grant you character. Character is something innate, you either have it or don't. GSA does not grant character. Griz status can be guaged by your individual actions. Wearing the colors, BEING PART OF THE WGS GAMEDAY EXPERIENCE many visitors to Missoula have raved about. Making noise, cheering, being a NEZ Crazy, etc., etc. But, ya gotta be in the stadium to do that. Tailgaters Griz status thus suffers by not being there.
I've walked about the tailgaters, and made some observations, mine and mine alone. Be your own judge. Tailgating is all about them. It is a chance to schmooze, socialize with those of their class, get drunk and be somebody, flaunt your opulence, show off your new toys to the other "Jones's." It is self aggrandizement for their huge, fragile egos. Tailgate your brains out. Shouldn't take long, then they can strut back to their seats, full of food, beer, Fireball, and themselves.
Any way you look at it, its their ticket to use or abuse. They could give the stub to some malodorous homeless bum, which you would then have to sit next to, or maybe some 500 pounder who would try to squeeze his fat ass into that 18 inches of rented space right next to you. Yes, the third quarter is subdued. Not like that is really going to make a difference on the field, especially this year. With what the Griz have put on the field this year, in 7 out of 9 games, tailgaters may be the only smart ones in town.

bgbigdog said:
AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
You should all be better fathers, too! And give your grandmother a call once in awhile. Maybe don't have one more beer at bowling league and instead get home so you can watch the late news with your wife. And fix the gate on Saturday; it's seriously been that way for a year. Vegas with the boys? Ha! Try Rapid City with the kids. And you have to drive the rented minivan, so it'll be Arnold Palmers all the live long day for you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do we really have to do Rapid City? And maybe just plain lemonade? Just asking.

Ask GrizLA. He makes the rules, not me.

I'll be sure stay at the tailgates for 3-5 minutes of the 3rd quarter and drink a blackfoot ipa. just for you, blackfootipa. cheers.

statler & waldorf said:
Blackfootipa, are you one of those fire and brimstone, Bible thumping preachers? Won't work with the heathens you are preaching to, the tailgate crowd. You buy the ticket, you get through the gate. Thats it. You can walkabout, sit in a toilet stall all game, stay in your seat, or whatever. UM hasn't pulled a Weber State lockout on anyone.
Buying a ticket doesn't confer Griz status or character on the holder. Paying the GSA tithe to sit in YOUR SEATS does not grant you character. Character is something innate, you either have it or don't. GSA does not grant character. Griz status can be guaged by your individual actions. Wearing the colors, BEING PART OF THE WGS GAMEDAY EXPERIENCE many visitors to Missoula have raved about. Making noise, cheering, being a NEZ Crazy, etc., etc. But, ya gotta be in the stadium to do that. Tailgaters Griz status thus suffers by not being there.
I've walked about the tailgaters, and made some observations, mine and mine alone. Be your own judge. Tailgating is all about them. It is a chance to schmooze, socialize with those of their class, get drunk and be somebody, flaunt your opulence, show off your new toys to the other "Jones's." It is self aggrandizement for their huge, fragile egos. Tailgate your brains out. Shouldn't take long, then they can strut back to their seats, full of food, beer, Fireball, and themselves.
Any way you look at it, its their ticket to use or abuse. They could give the stub to some malodorous homeless bum, which you would then have to sit next to, or maybe some 500 pounder who would try to squeeze his fat ass into that 18 inches of rented space right next to you. Yes, the third quarter is subdued. Not like that is really going to make a difference on the field, especially this year. With what the Griz have put on the field this year, in 7 out of 9 games, tailgaters may be the only smart ones in town.

Well put.

MrTitleist said:
I'll be back to my seats as soon as KurtisMichael and funnywater get done drinking my Fireball
Just bring a flask into the game; I bring two. Saves an ugly trip at halftime.

FCSwatcher said:
statler & waldorf said:

Well put.
If you do a decent job of tailgating before the game, it is unnecessary at halftime.

MrTitleist said:
I'll be back to my seats as soon as KurtisMichael and funnywater get done drinking my Fireball

99% of my 3rd qtr tardiness is caused by KurtisMichael!! :D

kemajic said:
FCSwatcher said:
statler & waldorf said:

Well put.
If you do a decent job of tailgating before the game, it is unnecessary at halftime.

Exactly. Tailgate like a champion!

As a practical matter, when the Griz show they have a dominating defense and explosive offense, people will stay to see the whole game. The home made chili, ziti, pulled pork, beer, Fireball, schmoozing, etc. will wait til AFTER the game. The current product on the field takes a poor second place to the tailgates. A defense constantly on the field, being worn down due to a three and out offense, has less appeal than a hot dog and a beer. Reality. Tailgating probably took off in 2010, and got a good boost during the Delaney years. Just a guess, never been a tailgater. I see it as a way of expressing the tailgaters displeasure with the state of Griz football. JMHO.

statler & waldorf said:
As a practical matter, when the Griz show they have a dominating defense and explosive offense, people will stay to see the whole game. The home made chili, ziti, pulled pork, beer, Fireball, schmoozing, etc. will wait til AFTER the game. The current product on the field takes a poor second place to the tailgates. A defense constantly on the field, being worn down due to a three and out offense, has less appeal than a hot dog and a beer. Reality. Tailgating probably took off in 2010, and got a good boost during the Delaney years. Just a guess, never been a tailgater. I see it as a way of expressing the tailgaters displeasure with the state of Griz football. JMHO.

Nope, your stats and analysis are not correct. Tailgating at half time has been big for over a decade and probably more.

Back