• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GET BACK IN YOUR FREAKING SEATS!

PlayerRep said:
statler & waldorf said:
As a practical matter, when the Griz show they have a dominating defense and explosive offense, people will stay to see the whole game. The home made chili, ziti, pulled pork, beer, Fireball, schmoozing, etc. will wait til AFTER the game. The current product on the field takes a poor second place to the tailgates. A defense constantly on the field, being worn down due to a three and out offense, has less appeal than a hot dog and a beer. Reality. Tailgating probably took off in 2010, and got a good boost during the Delaney years. Just a guess, never been a tailgater. I see it as a way of expressing the tailgaters displeasure with the state of Griz football. JMHO.

Nope, your stats and analysis are not correct. Tailgating at half time has been big for over a decade and probably more.
You are wrong. He clearly said it was a guess so therefore it is not an analysis. Also years aren't stats.

statler & waldorf said:
As a practical matter, when the Griz show they have a dominating defense and explosive offense, people will stay to see the whole game. The home made chili, ziti, pulled pork, beer, Fireball, schmoozing, etc. will wait til AFTER the game. The current product on the field takes a poor second place to the tailgates. A defense constantly on the field, being worn down due to a three and out offense, has less appeal than a hot dog and a beer. Reality. Tailgating probably took off in 2010, and got a good boost during the Delaney years. Just a guess, never been a tailgater. I see it as a way of expressing the tailgaters displeasure with the state of Griz football. JMHO.

Pretty much wrong on every single account.

Like I said, a guess. Experienced tailgaters would have more insight to why this phenomenon has flourished. PR or Mr. T must have tons of anecdotes to show me the light and the error of my ways, as I'm pretty much wrong a on all counts. I really do not know the reasons people abandon the first half of the third quarter. Go ahead PR and Mr. T, if I'm wrong, enlighten me, and the rest of eGriz. I, for one, would like to know.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RB2CXY?dpID=5136FsouB8L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_SL500_SR144%2C160_&refRID=QA3KPPZGJHV0985FMF5R&ref_=pd_lutyp_im_1_3

statler & waldorf said:

Not saying you don't have some points here, just wanted to add in that when the Griz used to play at Dornblazer, and yeah I go back that far, about 25% never came in for the game and another 20% never came back from half time. Of course in those days if you were sitting on the top of the bleachers you could just turn around and yell to your buddies in the parking lot. The times have changed and then again they haven't.

Early 70's Dornblaser was a place to watch football and drink/socialize. Now, they add food, have children/grandchildren with them, and have acquired more toys, and have gained 30-40#. :D Once they start missing exciting parts of the third quarter, the aluminum will start disappearing.

I don't usually miss many third quarters but if I was there this weekend I would drop by Hammer's tailgate to check out his deep-fried oysters...

cclarkblues said:
I don't usually miss many third quarters but if I was there this weekend I would drop by Hammer's tailgate to check out his deep-fried oysters...

Haven't seen you in awhile....Deep Fried oysters? Man those sound awesome....

reinell30 said:
cclarkblues said:

Hammer said he would deep fry his own gonads if he ever went to a Cat game. Guess what he did last Saturday?
Afraid I can't make it this week. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

I'll be sure to be in my seat 2 hours before kickoff and not leave it until 15 minutes post game. This thread has made me feel really guilty.

kurtismichael said:
I'll be sure to be in my seat 2 hours before kickoff and not leave it until 15 minutes post game. This thread has made me feel really guilty.

Don't believe a word of it.....

Cumulative home game scores for the first ten minutes of game clock time:

First quarter, when crowd is most amped up = Griz 31 - 21.

Third quarter, when crowd is least engaged = Griz 34 - 17.

Maybe we should tailgate a little longer into the third?

reinell30 said:
kurtismichael said:

Don't believe a word of it.....

Kurtis is the sole cause of my 3rd qtr tardiness!!!! :lol:

cclarkblues said:
reinell30 said:
cclarkblues said:

Hammer said he would deep fry his own gonads if he ever went to a Cat game. Guess what he did last Saturday?

I wasn't aware I was going to be offered free just outside the stadium parking and a free all access sidelines pass when I made that statement! :lol:

Hammer said:
cclarkblues said:
reinell30 said:
cclarkblues said:

I wasn't aware I was going to be offered free just outside the stadium parking and a free all access sidelines pass when I made that statement! :lol:

Every man has his price. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Hammer said:
cclarkblues said:
reinell30 said:

Every man has his price. :lol:

True!! :cry: But I am glad I went. I was told it is sweeter to win in bozo than Missoula and they may be right. Nothing like our boys packing that trophy around the stadium chanting FTC as kitty fans file out!!! And to the Griz fans up in the corner above the Griz tunnel :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: for getting the Montana Grizzlies chant going several times! It drowned out the ESGGCG a few times and we were loving it and the team heard and loved it also!!

mtgriz said:
Cumulative home game scores for the first ten minutes of game clock time:

First quarter, when crowd is most amped up = Griz 31 - 21.

Third quarter, when crowd is least engaged = Griz 34 - 17.

Maybe we should tailgate a little longer into the third?

This could be some of the best statistical analysis I have ever seen on Egriz....Sorry Brint

Back