• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Go For Two

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Bloomberg75 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
SoldierGriz said:
This. He is a Division 1 football coach; I think he has a grasp on the three phases of the game. I say this knowing we have H U G E questions ref our kicker. :lol:

But, I also think he has settled into the job, has a better feel for the players, and now has a complete cycle with his coaches. For these reasons, I think he bends the curve on analytics this season...he goes for it far more than many will be comfortable with. I also think his strategy will pay off ----with plenty of drama.

No. He is a career Div. II football coach trying to convince knowledgeable football people that he can be a good Div. I football coach, with very mixed results so far. :thumb:

Nailed it. There are no career D2 coaches that went on to have success at the FCS level. :roll:

Name one, and don't use Joe Glenn as your example. He was only at n. Colorado for a few years, and had a long history as a Division I assistant coach before that. He was far from a "career Div. II coach".

Not D2 to FCS examples below, but spirit is perhaps more impressive: Brian Kelly is not doing too shabby at Notre Dame after dominating D2 football. Hugh Freeze more-or-less transitioned from High School to NAIA....spent just a year at FBS Ark State...he's not doing too shabby at Ole Miss.

K. C. Keeler is having exceptional success at Sam Houston State....roots in D3 and D2 football, then bumped to FCS Delaware where he won the Natty. Not too shabby.

SoldierGriz said:
K. C. Keeler is having exceptional success at Sam Houston State....roots in D3 and D2 football, then bumped to FCS Delaware where he won the Natty. Not too shabby.

None were career Div.II coaches like Stitt. He was at Mines for 15 non-impressive years. THAT is a career Div.II coach!

Will Growler find any good about coach Stitt? Div. 2 and all that crap is simply a grinders thought, pre-conceived and way to simple minded... Radical thoughts are fine but give Stitt some credit. He may or may not be a great coach only TIME will tell the truth. A Growler guess is just that, a guess!

Back