• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GoFundMe: Grizzly Marching Band to Cat Griz

161 donors so far Raised to a 10k goal ... 9,800 raised so far :thumb: Go Griz Nation!

Site currently shows $10K raised in under 2 days! Hopefully the person who set this up keeps the page open.

I read an article last night that the current total needed for the trip would be $17K. I see no reason why they cannot make this happen now even if the fundraising stopped now. Hope they can make it work!

I was proud to donate for the bands new uniforms awhile back. I am proud of the work and time they put in practicing. I am again happy to support them for their trip to Bozeman.
I encourage everyone to donate to make this happen.

Someone should contact President Cruzado over at MSU. She may be up for making up the difference, since Mr. Haslam can't. ;)

PolsonGrizFan said:
Someone should contact President Cruzado over at MSU. She may be up for making up the difference, since Mr. Haslam can't. ;)

Kent has already donated to this cause out of pocket. Don't see a lot of love for the fund raising effort over on Cant Nation.

FTC, every last one of them.

How about the next two home games split the pot be donated to the cause. These kids deserve it, they work their tails off too and get little accolades for what they bring to the home game experience.

signedbewildered said:
PolsonGrizFan said:

Kent has already donated to this cause out of pocket. Don't see a lot of love for the fund raising effort over on Cant Nation.

lol, yeah I saw his $50 donation along with some bobcat fans donating

It looks like this is going to happen! this from the gofundme page from Dr. Griggs...

Thank you from the entire GMB to everyone who has donated so far. Thanks Bridget for your efforts to get this rolling! We will combine this money with other donations made to the UM foundation. The support has been overwhelming. Earlier today, I talked with Dr. Stark, from the Spirit of the West band, to begin making plans for our combined halftime music. I believe that we will very soon have the money needed to attend the game. Thank you so much!

signedbewildered said:
PolsonGrizFan said:

Funny thing, the Cat fan who started the thread on Bobcatnation is a former member of the Grizzly marching band. And no, they are not getting much love there right now...

grizband said:
signedbewildered said:
PolsonGrizFan said:

Funny thing, the Cat fan who started the thread on Bobcatnation is a former member of the Grizzly marching band. And no, they are not getting much love there right now...

Seriously... f$&@ those people. Did one of them say they would rather donate to ISIS? The mere thought of State used to just give me nausea... but now I’m starting to really feel some hate brewing.

PDXGrizzly said:
grizband said:
signedbewildered said:
PolsonGrizFan said:

Seriously... f$&@ those people. Did one of them say they would rather donate to ISIS? The mere thought of State used to just give me nausea... but now I’m starting to really feel some hate brewing.

Are you really surprised that people on Bobcat Nation are having fun with this? I'm glad the band was able to get the money together for the trip, but find it fucking hilarious that they had to resort to bake sales and GoFundMe to get it done.

MTCowpoke said:
PDXGrizzly said:
grizband said:
signedbewildered said:

Are you really surprised that people on Bobcat Nation are having fun with this? I'm glad the band was able to get the money together for the trip, but find it f***[*] hilarious that they had to resort to bake sales and GoFundMe to get it done.

Yeah - you sh!t bags tried to crowd source sandpaper and paint for your bleachers...how'd that go?

We just get sh!t done. Period.

blegriz said:
Do we do this every other year? I have been a mid level donor in the past and have never heard of this?

This is the first year that we have had funding problems with this trip. I am exploring some options this year to ensure that we don't face the same problem in 2 years.

This gofundme deal should be involved in EVERY future trip for the Griz band unless it's a National Championship game. That is the only time the U should pay the band's way as it can enhance our University's image on a National level by having the band there. Otherwise who cares? Or, I should say "I" don't care and neither should the U. If there are wealthy alums that want to pay the band's fare (as happened this time), good for you, but don't spend my/our $ on frivolous stuff like this. A road band only gets, maybe, 1 opportunity to play during time-outs per quarter, so you are paying to hear the band play 4 times approximately, which is not worth University funds in my mind.

Zirg said:
This gofundme deal should be involved in EVERY future trip for the Griz band unless it's a National Championship game. That is the only time the U should pay the band's way as it can enhance our University's image on a National level by having the band there. Otherwise who cares? Or, I should say "I" don't care and neither should the U. If there are wealthy alums that want to pay the band's fare (as happened this time), good for you, but don't spend my/our $ on frivolous stuff like this. A road band only gets, maybe, 1 opportunity to play during time-outs per quarter, so you are paying to hear the band play 4 times approximately, which is not worth University funds in my mind.

The university has not traditionally funded the band’s trip to Griz-cat. The band has received donations in years past from a small handful of donors to fund the trip to the game. It sounds like the funding didn’t work out as planned this year.

Back