• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GoFundMe: Grizzly Marching Band to Cat Griz

GrizMusician said:
Zirg said:
This gofundme deal should be involved in EVERY future trip for the Griz band unless it's a National Championship game. That is the only time the U should pay the band's way as it can enhance our University's image on a National level by having the band there. Otherwise who cares? Or, I should say "I" don't care and neither should the U. If there are wealthy alums that want to pay the band's fare (as happened this time), good for you, but don't spend my/our $ on frivolous stuff like this. A road band only gets, maybe, 1 opportunity to play during time-outs per quarter, so you are paying to hear the band play 4 times approximately, which is not worth University funds in my mind.

The university has not traditionally funded the band’s trip to Griz-cat. The band has received donations in years past from a small handful of donors to fund the trip to the game. It sounds like the funding didn’t work out as planned this year.

Would it change the donors minds if Bobby Hauck was the band leader?

Congrats to everyone who donated, impressive around $17,000 was raised to make sure the UM Band made it to Bozeman last weekend for the game.

http://www.montanakaimin.com/news/griz-marching-band-raised-over-in-donations-to-travel-to/article_39fa643a-ce20-11e7-a100-53e64961973b.html

Back