• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good article on the Champion Center

This seems more like it...

triarmP.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
Alaska Griz said:
poorgriz[/quote said:
So is PR. Colossal waste of money if you ask me. Blowing cash on a bunch of academic crap when that damn money could have been used to make the football team better. Pure poppycock.[/quote

Poorgriz...the academic center is already well along...this article is about The Champions Center, which will absolutely make the football team better and instantly improve recruiting :)

Oops, my bad... I hate it when I screw up and blow an attempt to F with PR. ;)

If MSU wins a championship in something, maybe you guys can throw up your own Champions Center.

quonset-hut-ag-storage__large.jpg
Isn't that the Areola Center in Fargo where the Thunder-Bison play?

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
If MSU wins a championship in something, maybe you guys can throw up your own Champions Center.

quonset-hut-ag-storage__large.jpg
Isn't that the Areola Center in Fargo where the Thunder-Bison play?

Haha! I think it is.
Where did you come from, where did you go, where did you come from, Areola Joe?
T-Buff fans have led the nation in average areola diameter since 1964.

Word out of Bozeman is that the Bobcat Football Charity is going to lobby the BOR to levy the people of Montana for a new Hall of Champions. A local architect made a mock-up:

sec1doorbefore.jpg

8240979.jpg

bobcat-trophy-case.jpg

Game. Changer.

CDAGRIZ said:
Word out of Bozeman is that the Bobcat Football Charity is going to lobby the BOR to levy the people of Montana for a new Hall of Champions. A local architect made a mock-up:

sec1doorbefore.jpg

Game. Changer.

What are all those outlines for? Participation plaques?

That's the rumor, anyway. They say the AD plans to include all three-way ties for third (Bobcat Championships) in the Hall. All Boy Scout badges from current and former players will also be on display when this bad boy is done. A generous $70 donation from a prominent alum got the ball rolling.

CDAGRIZ said:
That's the rumor, anyway. They say the AD plans to include all three-way ties for third (Bobcat Championships) in the Hall. All Boy Scout badges from current and former players will also be on display when this bad boy is done. A generous $70 donation from a prominent alum got the ball rolling.

Pretty impressive engineering job on that shelf too...one side held up by a 2x4 and the other side by 5 L-brackets...but now that I think about it there probably won't be much on it anyway so it's probably good.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Pretty impressive engineering job on that shelf too...one side held up by a 2x4 and the other side by 5 L-brackets...but now that I think about it there probably won't be much on it anyway so it's probably good.

Hey! This was all designed according to the MSU Structural Engineering Spec Book. The L-brackets are all on studs, which vary from 8" to 3' apart on center. The 1/2" painted particle board shelves are designed to sag less than 5" on the long spans. You'd be well advised to show some respect where it's due.

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Hey! This was all designed according to the MSU Structural Engineering Spec Book. The L-brackets are all on studs, which vary from 8" to 3' apart on center. The 1/2" painted particle board shelves are designed to sag less than 5" on the long spans. You'd be well advised to show some respect where it's due.

You're probably right, this new engineering is over my head.

I'm actually more concerned with the creepy-ass door at the end, looks like a scene from every horror movie ever made. Probably not as scary to a Cat fan as the second half of most Brawls though.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You're probably right, this new engineering is over my head.

I'm actually more concerned with the creepy-ass door at the end, looks like a scene from every horror movie ever made. Probably not as scary to a Cat fan as the second half of most Brawls though.

That creepy-ass door actually leads to the new office of Coach Ron Ash. They want each and every recruit to walk through the Hall of Champions before sitting down with the big guy in his new digs:

room.jpg

Once inside, Ron will berate the recruit in front of a group of fake reporters and question his commitment to get him ready for the next 5 years.

CDAGRIZ said:
...Once inside, Ron will berate the recruit in front of a group of fake reporters and question his commitment to get him ready for the next 5 years.
If the recruit holds up really well then crumbles in the last 5 minutes then Ash knows that he's the kind of player that will fit the Bobcat system.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

sec1doorbefore.jpg

Game. Changer.

What are all those outlines for? Participation plaques?

I'm thinking the kat fans can lock themselves in there on November 1 then not come out till spring. It'll save a lot of anxiety.

Lights on at Champion Center tonight. For the most part, it's done. I'm not a fan of the architecture, but it does look handsome and really classes up the entrance to Adams "Center." [I still call it the Fieldhouse].

Back