• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gregorak

PhxGriz

DONOR
447 yards (280 rushing) allowed against one of "the best" defensive fronts in the nation.

We won't talk about his failings last year.

Guy is bailed out by quality players.

I have said it from the start. Fire that guy.

PhxGriz said:
447 yards allowed against one of "the best" defensive fronts in the nation.

Our D is what kept us in the game. Period. When we made them settle for field goals in the first half, that was our offenses chance to do something about it. You've picked the wrong thing to bitch about. Yards don't tell the whole story.

Alaska Griz said:
PhxGriz said:

Our D is what kept us in the game. Period. When we made them settle for field goals in the first half, that was our offenses chance to do something about it. You've picked the wrong thing to bitch about. Yards don't tell the whole story.

Did I not say our D bailed him out? Are you telling me his whole plan was to allow NDSU to keep our D on the field all game only to stiffen at the goal? REALLY?

Our D players are total studs. We all know that. The question I am asking is why Gregorak can't figure out how to play them.

PhxGriz said:
447 yards (280 rushing) allowed against one of "the best" defensive fronts in the nation.

Our defense was very good today. Gave up 1 TD. You don't have a clue. Obviously, never have stepped on a football field. Congrats to Gregorak and the D. Huge game, especially give the lack of offense much of the game.

PhxGriz said:
Alaska Griz said:
PhxGriz said:

Did I not say our D bailed him out? Are you telling me his whole plan was to allow NDSU to keep our D on the field all game only to stiffen at the goal? REALLY?

Are you so football-challenged that you don't understand that a major factor in having the defense on the field is the lack of offense?

PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz said:

Our defense was very good today. Gave up 1 TD. You don't have a clue. Obviously, never have stepped on a football field. Congrats to Gregorak and the D. Huge game, especially give the lack of offense much of the game.

Yeah 447 is great. I don't put any blame on the players, for they are all studs. The blame is on Gregorak.

And you. Go back to living in the past believing playing for Dartmouth meant anything. You a pro now? Shut up then!

PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz said:

i pretty much agree with greenie.

PhxGriz said:
Our D players are total studs. We all know that. The question I am asking is why Gregorak can't figure out how to play them.

It was a very good team defensive efforts--both players and coaches.

PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz said:
Alaska Griz said:
PhxGriz said:

Are you so football-challenged that you don't understand that a major factor in having the defense on the field is the lack of offense?

Oh, I get it. I also get the NDSU announcers were even asking why Montana didn't change their strategy. The whole staff sucks.

Our defense did a great job against a high-caliber offense today. Kind of hard to keep an offense that executes as good as NDSUs from getting their yards

PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz said:

It was a very good team defensive efforts--both players and coaches.

447 with 280 rushing is a good effort from our coaches?

PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz said:
Alaska Griz said:
PhxGriz said:

This...offense is stale, has been for three years.
Defense played very good considering how long they were on the field today.
Still some things gregorak could do better, but not going to complain about the d today.

At least Ty has improved the defense from year to year in his time as DC. Defense still has a way to go though. I wish our offensive coaches would make the same kind of progress. This offense has not improved under this staff.

I actually like the defensive improvements overall.

Rather it be offense or defense, this team needs a shot of toughness and attitude. NDSU beat us with Bobby Ball. I sure wish we had the confidence and toughness his GRIZ teams had.

I'm confused PHX...so Gregorak is a bad coach, but his defense has been really good this year? Because they don't do what he asks them to? and thus are a better defense for it? Something like that?

PhxGriz said:

You are a total moron!

I hardly ever reply on this message board, but when someone wants to see the d coordinator fired for holding the best fcs team in the nation to 22 points that's just stupid. We gave up too many yards between the twenties but held when we needed to. The best coordinator in the world isn't worth anything without good players. Fire that guy, why don't you go apply since you are gods gift to coaching???

PhxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PhxGriz said:

Yeah 447 is great. I don't put any blame on the players, for they are all studs. The blame is on Gregorak.

And you. Go back to living in the past believing playing for Dartmouth meant anything. You a pro now? Shut up then!

It's the points and TD's, not the yards given up. Red zone defense is a very important part of football. I both played the game and understand it. You are absent on both counts. By the way, my team's defense gave up 4.2 points per game my junior year, and shut out 2/3 of the teams we played. Players from that defense were drafted by the NFL and played in 5 post-season bowl games, including the East-West Shrine game, Hula Bowl, and Coaches All-American game. One of them is now in the college football hall of fame. One of them was the Sports Illustrated national defensive player of the week. Team ended the season 14th in the nation and won the Lambert Trophy for being the best team in the east (over Penn St, Syracuse, BC, etc.). The team had articles done on it in Sports Illustrated, at the time as well 15 or so years later. Some have said that team was the best in Ivy league history.

Alaska Griz said:
I'm confused PHX...so Gregorak is a bad coach, but his defense has been really good this year? Because they don't do what he asks them to? and thus are a better defense for it? Something like that?

We have some total studs on defense and Gregorak does not know how to use them. Have we not heard how last year we had the best front 7 in all of FCS, only to get torched by teams that were above mediocre? And now this year, we have the best front 4, only to get rolled for 280 yards rushing?

We have the talent, just not the coaching skills.

The GRiz D was dominant. And IF the roles were reversed, and Montana had racked up 447 under a Delaney coached offense, some of you morons would be on here BASHING other Egrizzers for them being excited that the Griz rolled up 447 in a boring offense or it was only because the other team was bad. FACE IT, some of you will whine and cry about the Griz so much and so often, you contradict yourself. I DON:T GIVE A RATS ASS how many yards NDSU had today, the DEFENSE, Coached by Ty Gregorak gave the Grizzlies every opportunity to beat or at least have a chance to beat NDSU today.

Back