• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz and McNeese

So sorry to hear that! McNeese fans are the best and their tailgates can't be beat. I was really looking forward to another trip to Lake Charles and further east to Cajun Country!

Then again, maybe McNeese is another lower division defector on their way to FBS...down south there's been a lot of that going on in the neighborhood. ;)

Let's do another home and home with NDSU! To quote the great philosopher Rick Flair "If you want to be the man, beat the man."

And drunk is drunk whether it's Fargo or a real place.

I figured McNeese would have been glad that App St backed out. Would have been a fiasco with all three teams on the field at once.

signedbewildered said:
I figured McNeese would have been glad that App St backed out. Would have been a fiasco with all three teams on the field at once.

Quit being so stupid....it was to be a Jamboree...

alabamagrizzly said:
It was a fun expierience but if we play them again, it will be much uglier then the nearly 40 pt beat down we received.
The 26 point differential is not a "nearly 40 pt beat down."

Spanky said:
We can schedule Northern Colorado twice
Colorado St. - Pueblo; Stitt lost his last 4 to them; he'd probably like a shot at turning it around. Pretty risky though, the way they handled Sam Houston St. last year (a 47-21 win at Huntsville on their way to the DII NC).

kemajic said:
Spanky said:
We can schedule Northern Colorado twice
Colorado St. - Pueblo; Stitt lost his last 4 to them; he'd probably like a shot at turning it around. Pretty risky though, the way they handled Sam Houston St. last year (a 47-21 win at Huntsville on their way to the DII NC).

That WOULD be a ballsy move... :thumb:

get'em_griz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Richmond and JMU would be nice. SE Louisianna could be good. Even Jax St, E Ken, or Chattanooga. Or we could just reschedule McNeese St. They didn't back out, the contract just couldn't be completed because if ASU's move up.

I don't understand how the ASU is the reason behind the Griz and Cowboys not following through with their package deal. Was there something in the contract that said all three teams had to play or nobody could play?

When Bruce Hemphill was hired at McNeese two years ago, he approached Kent with the idea of canceling the agreement and Kent obliged. Kent said it benefitted both schools. I still had a long interview to transcribe, a story to write and a meeting to attend so I didn't press for further details.
He said they have had promising discussions with other schools to start a home-and-home.

Thanks Kyle. But with all due respect it's about damn time you begin prioritizing and put your important responsibilities, like your Committment to eGriz, ahead of the less meaningful ones like your career. :cool:

kyle_sample said:
get'em_griz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Richmond and JMU would be nice. SE Louisianna could be good. Even Jax St, E Ken, or Chattanooga. Or we could just reschedule McNeese St. They didn't back out, the contract just couldn't be completed because if ASU's move up.

I don't understand how the ASU is the reason behind the Griz and Cowboys not following through with their package deal. Was there something in the contract that said all three teams had to play or nobody could play?

When Bruce Hemphill was hired at McNeese two years ago, he approached Kent with the idea of canceling the agreement and Kent obliged. Kent said it benefitted both schools. I still had a long interview to transcribe, a story to write and a meeting to attend so I didn't press for further details.
He said they have had promising discussions with other schools to start a home-and-home.

Why would it take so long for the athletic department to release this information?

PlayerRep said:
kyle_sample said:
get'em_griz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Why would it take so long for the athletic department to release this information?
The UM athletic department releasing information in a timely manner for fan planning? Surely you jest; e.g., many other BSC ADs have released their BSC schedules for 2016-19. UM has not that I am aware of. Information is power, I guess. That information could be on the BSC website, but I was not surprised that I couldn't find it; it's about as useful as gogriz.com.

Back