• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz/Cal Poly Predictions

Ursa Major said:
Hammer said:
It will take the Griz a half to adjust to the option. Its so tough to defend and even harder when you only see it once or twice a year. They will get some yards and points in the first half but look for the defense to buckle down in the 2nd half and the offense to roll.

Haltime: Griz 21 CP 20
Final: Griz 45 CP 28

Don't you not read the posts on egriz? Our coaches are incapable of making halftime adjustments and our defense is terrible!
Ya I know there are alot of experts on here most of which probably couldn't coach a pop warner team. :lol:

Griz are going to be psyched to be back home after a good road win. EWU matches up against us much better than CP. Our strength is rushing defense, and that is what CP will have to overcome. Unless they are capable of going out of character on the road in a hostile atmosphere, there is no way they keep up with our offense.

While it is tough to prepare for an option attack, there is no way their defense can prepare for what we are about to show them. JJ is clicking and with Jordan and Van competing in a friendly way with each other, we will score often. They have given up a ton of points on the road, opponents have averaged over 36 points away from Spanos Stadium. Even a conservative estimate on my part says we score significantly more than Portland State's 34.

only one close game between now and Nov 23 and it is next week, not this one.

Griz 37+
CP 17

Pre season now over with CP the first of many tests in our "second half".

Hoping to see a statement win over the ponies...

Believing a 4-2 or better record from now on is in the offing.....a great time to start peaking for playoffs

first11 said:
Pre season now over with CP the first of many tests in our "second half".

Hoping to see a statement win over the ponies...

Believing a 4-2 or better record from now on is in the offing.....a great time to start peaking for playoffs

Meh, I think we win at least 2/3 of our "tough" games (CP, EWU, MSU). :thumb:

Paytonlives said:
Poly is one dimensional... the Griz D gets hurt by the pass...

UM 42
Poly 13
So far, CP has been 70% run plays. Of course, the Griz are at 63%. Minor surprise: Griz are averaging 5.54 yards per carry, CP 5.39.

The Griz are allowing 114.8 rushing yards per game, CP 155.2 ypg. We chastise the Griz for giving up too many passing yards, and they are #58 in FCS at 222.2 yards per game. But CP is #70, giving up 230.5 passing yards per game.

The Griz are #9 in scoring defense, giving up 17.4 points per game. Cal Poly #47, giving up 24.8 ppg. The Griz have scored 40.8 ppg, CP 29.2.

Final: Griz 44, CP 24

big kahuna said:
Seriously, you lose to Yale and you're not very good. There is no way around it.
If we aren't looking ahead to Eastern, this is a cake walk.
31-14

Losing to Yale at home is a big embarrasment for the Big Sky. Then last week Yale loses big to the juggernaught Dartmouth Fighting Pantywaists. We should roll these guys.

grizophile said:
big kahuna said:
Seriously, you lose to Yale and you're not very good. There is no way around it.
31-14

Losing to Yale at home is a big embarrasment for the Big Sky. Then last week Yale loses big to the juggernaught Dartmouth Fighting Pantywaists. We should roll these guys.

That was before Graves was their starting QB. The kid has pure talent and I don't think anything is going to be a given with him. I'd feel more comfortable if Cal Poly had one of their other two QBs.

big kahuna said:
31-14
So if this game is anything but a Cake walk by the Griz it is ONLY because the Griz are looking ahead to EWU? Gotcha.

grizfan95 said:
grizophile said:
big kahuna said:
31-14

That was before Graves was their starting QB. The kid has pure talent and I don't think anything is going to be a given with him. I'd feel more comfortable if Cal Poly had one of their other two QBs.

BINGO!

I totally agree. Watched some of the Cal Poly/Weber highlights and for a QB ~5' 10" it didn't appear he was having any problem(s) passing over the middle or anywhere for that matter. Hes not overly quick, but he is mobile, can scurry from pursuit when pressured, and can pass on the run. This QB and CPs TO is going to cause some problems.

SloStang said:
big kahuna said:
31-14
So if this game is anything but a Cake walk by the Griz it is ONLY because the Griz are looking ahead to EWU? Gotcha.

I can guarantee you that this football team has one thing on its collective minds. How to prepare for cal poly. This will be a very competitive football game.

grizfan95 said:
grizophile said:
big kahuna said:
31-14

I believe the coaches wanted Graves to win the job, but went with Moraga to start the season because he had been in the program for 5 years and knew the offense the best. I believe they felt Graves would replace Moraga at some point in the season. Graves got hurt in the first game and did not make the trip to a Fresno State. When Moraga blew his knee Brown stepped in and led the team to 3 fourth quarter TDs and looked good. Had Graves been healthy he would have been starting since the second game. The lost to Yale was not all on Brown, but he had 2 picks and two fumble and in the TO ball security is job one. That gave the coaches a reason to start Graves in for the WSU game. While WSU is not a top team, Graves really showed how well he could run the TO. Graves has always been a winner and has that "it" factor. He is small, but plays huge. That is good because he has a huge challenge this week in Missoula. It will be fun to see if he and the team rise to that challenge.

Dano Graves senior highlights: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt0GTDu4KkI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone know how many starters CP returns on offense and defense? I know they returned most, if not all of their D starters, but was unsure about their offense.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Anyone know how many starters CP returns on offense and defense? I know they returned most, if not all of their D starters, but was unsure about their offense.
Defense: Nine 2012 starters plus CB Bijon Samoodi a 3 yr starter who sat out 2012 with an injury.

Offense: 7

Special teams: punter, place kicker and long snapper return.

SloStang said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Defense: Nine 2012 starters plus CB Bijon Samoodi a 3 yr starter who sat out 2012 with an injury.

Offense: 7

Special teams: punter, place kicker and long snapper return.
:thumb:

Back