• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz-Carroll

PlayerRep said:
Carroll is very good. And well-coached. It's a good thing they couldn't handle Akoh. 10 rebounds, 6 offensive. 7-8 shooting from field.

23 for Carroll is a very good player. All-American. D-I caliber. Carroll could shoot. 76% in the first half. The kid from Great Falls is a good player and should have taken it to the hoop more.

Griz played fine, but they couldn't get away from Carroll, except when 23 sat for 4 fouls, as did another guy. 55.6% from the line. Only 8 players played until the last minute. Nicholas didn't play much after his early minutes.

The refs (or 2 of them) consistently screwed Carroll. A ref across the court and on the other side of mid-court, called a T on Carroll coach. Total BS call. That ref thought he needed to blow his whistle constantly.

The Colbert kid from Missoula got only a couple minutes.

It seems the Griz should be better. I can't put my finger on why they aren't. I like all the players.

The refs didn't impress me, per se, but the foul count was 7-1 in the 2nd half in Carroll's favor at one point, so the crying about the refs falls on deaf ears, IMO. Their coach was a whiney, clueless idiot and was 10 feet out on the court when he got the T. That was a no-brainer.

The Colbert kid was, literally, THE worst athlete I have ever seen play against the Griz. I felt sorry for him. He has no business ever playing again outside of the YMCA.

I agree that Imhoff, #23, is a great NAIA player. I'd trade him for several Griz players.

Mavman said:
Then NAU sucks at basketball. I'm sure Carroll is great i will look for them when the NAIA championship game is played in march. I just don't think Montana should be playing close games against Frontier conference teams if they expect to win the BSC and make it back to the big dance! Weber st just beat black hills state 105-52.

1. NAU definitely sucks. This isn't breaking news

2. The Griz almost lost to Rocky (I think it was) about 10 years ago. These Montana NAIA teams get jacked up to play the Griz and play their best, and it's hard for a Griz team to get excited to play Carroll when they played at Pitt and Penn State already and have Stanford, UCLA and Washington in the near future. I rather have competitive games against Whitworth and Carroll over blowing out bad teams. I don't think not blowing out Carroll will affect how the Griz perform in conference.

3. Black Hills State is, obviously, nowhere near as good as Carroll. All NAIA teams are not the same, so I don't know what that has to do with anything. If Weber beat Carroll by 53, then I might be concerned.

Mavman said:
Then NAU sucks at basketball. I'm sure Carroll is great i will look for them when the NAIA championship game is played in march. I just don't think Montana should be playing close games against Frontier conference teams if they expect to win the BSC and make it back to the big dance! Weber st just beat black hills state 105-52.

I looked up the definition of "non sequitur" and came across this: "Spectacular Non Sequitur: The idea that a 105-52 Weber victory over Black Hills State bears any relationship whatever, in any way, shape or form, or by any stretch of the imagination, to the status, fortunes and future of the University of Montana men's basketball team."

You could look it up.

marooncoloredglasses said:
Carroll's 6'6'' guard was a load and we couldn't match up the first half. Bobby and help did pretty well the second half.
The coach for Carroll had every right to be upset about charge call and the one on the other end right in front of him. Welcome to the road.
It's get really tiresome hearing people that can't go to games make their opinionated comments based only on the fact that Carroll is an NAIA school. They were a really good team that never gave up.

There will be other 6'5" or 6'6" guards that will give the Griz trouble this year.....just like last year.

I just think Montana should be able to beat a Naia team by more points then they did.
My point is weber beat a DivII team that bad!
Usually DivII better then NAIA

However you are correct that one game has no bearing on how good or bad the Griz will be.

Back