• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz ranked 15th in The Sporting News' preseason Top 25

cat fans are as slow as their defense, they will try to justify the last 25 years of ineptitude but they will fail like their team in November.

I never get sick of seeing those dominating numbers and if a cat fan had any smarts they would never engage Montana fans in ANY CONVERSATION ABOUT FOOTBALL.

snap said:
pussycatkillerz said:
poorgriz said:
pussycatkillerz said:
How many times has MSU or ISU actually finished a season ranked higher than Montana? ;)

Recently? I dunno, three or four times in the past six years or so? But anyway, back to the jizzfest......

Uh...
'14 nope
'13 nope
'12 yep
'11 nope
'10 yep
'09 nope
'08 nope
'07 nope
'06 nope
'05 nope
'06 nope
'05 nope
'04 nope
'03 nope
'02 nope
'01 nope
'00 nope
'99 nope
'98 nope
'97 nope
'96 nope
'95 nope
'94 nope
'93 nope
'92 nope
'91 nope
'90 nope
'89 nope
'88 nope
'87 nope
'86 nope
'85 nope
2 times in 32 years... congrats :roll:
femi-nazis and interim coaches look to be your only hope

Hilariously brutal.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

pussycatkillerz said:
poorgriz said:
pussycatkillerz said:
How many times has MSU or ISU actually finished a season ranked higher than Montana? ;)

Recently? I dunno, three or four times in the past six years or so? But anyway, back to the jizzfest......

Uh...
'14 nope
'13 nope
'12 yep
'11 nope
'10 yep
'09 nope
'08 nope
'07 nope
'06 nope
'05 nope
'06 nope
'05 nope
'04 nope
'03 nope
'02 nope
'01 nope
'00 nope
'99 nope
'98 nope
'97 nope
'96 nope
'95 nope
'94 nope
'93 nope
'92 nope
'91 nope
'90 nope
'89 nope
'88 nope
'87 nope
'86 nope
'85 nope
Well done, PCK! :clap:

POY material there!

pussycatkillerz said:
poorgriz said:
pussycatkillerz said:

Uh...
'14 nope
'13 nope
'12 yep
'11 nope
'10 yep
'09 nope
'08 nope
'07 nope
'06 nope
'05 nope
'06 nope
'05 nope
'04 nope
'03 nope
'02 nope
'01 nope
'00 nope
'99 nope
'98 nope
'97 nope
'96 nope
'95 nope
'94 nope
'93 nope
'92 nope
'91 nope
'90 nope
'89 nope
'88 nope
'87 nope
'86 nope
'85 nope

Wow. That is... I don't even know what that it is. But WOW!!

And yep, put it in the POY Contender bank, Ursa.

EverettGriz said:
pussycatkillerz said:
poorgriz said:
pussycatkillerz said:

Uh...
'14 nope
'13 nope
'12 yep
'11 nope
'10 yep
'09 nope
'08 nope
'07 nope
'06 nope
'05 nope
'06 nope
'05 nope
'04 nope
'03 nope
'02 nope
'01 nope
'00 nope
'99 nope
'98 nope
'97 nope
'96 nope
'95 nope
'94 nope
'93 nope
'92 nope
'91 nope
'90 nope
'89 nope
'88 nope
'87 nope
'86 nope
'85 nope

Wow. That is... I don't even know what that it is. But WOW!!

And yep, put it in the POY Contender bank, Ursa.

Yes, sir!! It's in.

kyle_sample said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Agreed, CC is going to be very solid next year there is no way they shouldnt be in the top 3.

Having ANY BSC team in the top 10 is ridiculous Idaho St is the best of the BSC and they shouldnt be any higher than 13

Ewu shouldnt be higher than 15
Montana is too high at 15 we should be about 20-23ish
cats should be in the 27-30 range, they are unproven return a horrible defense and as a team are extremely slow especially on the defensive side of the ball.

In all fairness, it's a little early to judge MSU's defense. It's a brand new defense, lots of new faces and a coordinator the players actually like. No more Jamie Marshall calling the plays

Which all bodes well for the D in the coming season. Last year was pathetic to say the least as the D lost the year!!!

I also agree for poty, but the statement it was in response to is key. Funny shit, really puts things into perspective. And this preseason poll is perfect to start a new era. I happen to think the Griz will beat most of the teams above them...and I'm expecting better than most.

grizcountry420 said:
kyle_sample said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Agreed, CC is going to be very solid next year there is no way they shouldnt be in the top 3.

Having ANY BSC team in the top 10 is ridiculous Idaho St is the best of the BSC and they shouldnt be any higher than 13

cats should be in the 27-30 range, they are unproven return a horrible defense and as a team are extremely slow especially on the defensive side of the ball.

In all fairness, it's a little early to judge MSU's defense. It's a brand new defense, lots of new faces and a coordinator the players actually like. No more Jamie Marshall calling the plays

It's never too early to judge their defense because they have NEVER had a good defense. Which is why they cant ever win in the playoffs..
Not true-during the Kramer years with the meth head, they had some damn good Ds.

NativeGriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
kyle_sample said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

It's never too early to judge their defense because they have NEVER had a good defense. Which is why they cant ever win in the playoffs..
Not true-during the Kramer years with the meth head, they had some damn good Ds.

No they didnt..

grizcountry420 said:
NativeGriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
kyle_sample said:

No they didnt..
Obrien may have been a meth head, but he did have the cat D playing at a high level and even beat us 3 out of 4 years at one point.

NativeGriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
NativeGriz said:
grizcountry420 said:

No they didnt..
Obrien may have been a meth head, but he did have the cat D playing at a high level and even beat us 3 out of 4 years at one point.

Travis Lulay beat us 3 out of 4 years.

AZGrizFan said:
NativeGriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
NativeGriz said:

No they didnt..

Travis Lulay beat us 3 out of 4 years.
Go back and check. Travis numbers aren't that great, but the D's numbers are. Take away 2004 Craig Ochs big year and MSU held the Griz to 11.5 points a game or if you eliminate our other Ochs year-2003 and it was under 9 points a game. There was a 4-5 year period where the Cat D was pretty good. They looked good in 2012 but I blame that more on our coaching.

You are exactly right Native. Those MSU teams were built on defense and controlling the ball with Ryan Johnson running the ball. Pete Kwiatkowski who is now the d-coordinator for the University of Washington was the d-coordinator during most of those years. After Pete left, I am not sure if it was Rob Christoff or the "meth head" was elevated to the coordinator position. I do know the "meth head" was promoted to Assistant Head Coach not long before he was busted and that might have been when Rob was made d-coordinator. Those 4 games Lulay started in were all good games. I think it was Lulay's Junior year when we played in Missoula that both teams combined for close to 1000 yards of offense, the only game Lulay lost to you guys. But mostly those teams were built on ball control and defense.

AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
It appears to be obvious that the pollsters don't see coach Stitt as the offensive genius, as the egriz faithful do.

Polls are useless, however mostly not biased.

Looking forward to the excuses on the horizon from the faithful looking thru their maroon colored glasses and seeing a distorted reality field.

It won't take long, about the fourth game, either the pollsters will prevail or the egriz faithful will look like Nostradoms
' :lol:
Another positive, feel good post from spsyk.

If you are looking to feel good, wait for the season to start and suit up with the cheerleaders and the sugarbears, if you want to discuss football not from a reality distortion, through a unbiased opinion, I'm willing to waste.my time to what you have to say.

In the mean time it appears that all you can contribute is cheer without pom poms.

spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
It appears to be obvious that the pollsters don't see coach Stitt as the offensive genius, as the egriz faithful do.

Looking forward to the excuses on the horizon from the faithful looking thru their maroon colored glasses and seeing a distorted reality field.

It won't take long, about the fourth game, either the pollsters will prevail or the egriz faithful will look like Nostradoms

If you are looking to feel good, wait for the season to start and suit up with the cheerleaders and the sugarbears, if you want to discuss football not from a reality distortion, through a unbiased opinion, I'm willing to waste.my time to what you have to say.

In the mean time it appears that all you can contribute is cheer without pom poms.

Newsflash: just because you're a negative nanny, glass-half-empty kind of guy does NOT make you "unbiased". :lol: :lol: :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:

Newsflash: just because you're a negative nanny, glass-half-empty kind of guy does NOT make you "unbiased". :lol: :lol: :roll:

It does here! That is one of my favorite aspects of e-griz.

If you are downtrodden, pessimistic and cynical on every subject then you are “unbiased and objective.”

spsyk said:
...if you want to discuss football not from a reality distortion, through a unbiased opinion, I'm willing to waste.my time to what you have to say.

Can anybody translate this? I have no idea what it means, but it's definitely harshing my mellow.

Darnell Sankey thinks this poll is bullsh!t...

5275d8c9b0384.preview-699.jpg

AllWeatherFan said:
spsyk said:
...if you want to discuss football not from a reality distortion, through a unbiased opinion, I'm willing to waste.my time to what you have to say.

Can anybody translate this? I have no idea what it means, but it's definitely harshing my mellow.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5Mr5eCF2U[/youtube]

Back