• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ/WEBER thread

man i sure hope it doesnt look this bad in Cheny on saturday...i'm actually going to be at that one...

I am at a loss. Frankly I haven't seen a performance like this in a long long time. This is looking too much like psu from the past... Down 20. Wow. This is unbelievable performance really and you can't blame just one thing either. Offense is terrible. .. No defense. .. No hustle. This just can't just be on tinkle.

Bobby V doesn't even have words for how bad our offense sucks...I can see having nights when you miss shots, a couple of turnovers, but they don't even run anything. When you play at the rec center the offenses were more defined. mtgrizrule, help me out, do they run anything coherent?

Tinkle and AJ better be chewing ass to no end. 0 Execution and 0 concentration, no excuse for this. This would be a good game for Tinkle or any 1 player get a huge technical. 1st time Weber State goes to the hole, foul them hard. Make a damn STATEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

call me fickle if you like, but this is an embarrassing showing...from coaches and players. Almost every big game this year this team has played it's worst. An mtgrizrule, AJ is just as culpible as the rest of the team....he needs his ass chewed too.

stubbins said:
Bobby V doesn't even have words for how bad our offense sucks...I can see having nights when you miss shots, a couple of turnovers, but they don't even run anything. When you play at the rec center the offenses were more defined. mtgrizrule, help me out, do they run anything coherent?

I have nothing but questions myself, and no answers. I thought we put these demons to rest a month ago. This is embarassing.

The little hope we do have is Cherry and AJ wrecking havoc on both ends. We need to run Stauds and Taylor through screens to get them open. We need to run the offense through Selvig at the high post and let him find the right man.

The one thing I would tell this team. "Knock their ass to the ground!!!!!" Let Stockton or Jack get under their skins.

it looks like webe is employing the same gameplan the boobcats did when they beat us in adams...i remember feeling the same way watching that game..from sec 104.

grizd said:
call me fickle if you like, but this is an embarrassing showing...from coaches and players. Almost every big game this year this team has played it's worst. An mtgrizrule, AJ is just as culpible as the rest of the team....he needs his ass chewed too.

Yes AJ does. He is the leader and needs to take responsibility, then chew ass. I expect Cherry and AJ to be going to the hole every possession. At least they better try it, if they do not, I will be more pissed than I am now.

If anyone in griz land is enjoying this arsekicking, you aren't worth your salt as a fan at all. Yes it is embarassing, about as bad as it can get. But I still have hope we can turn this around.
An ass chewing is indeed in order for all involved. I have confidence that aj can bring them back. At least we know this, it couldn't get any worse than the first half.

Grizfan-24 said:
I am at a loss. Frankly I haven't seen a performance like this in a long long time. This is looking too much like psu from the past... Down 20. Wow. This is unbelievable performance really and you can't blame just one thing either. Offense is terrible. .. No defense. .. No hustle. This just can't just be on tinkle.
I haven't seen the Griz play this bad in almost 2 weeks. The good news is they will make a run, and get it respectable, even tempt use to believe in them. And not that it is affecting the game but worst officiating ever in a BSC title game, and that is saying something. Calls have been terrible against both teams. That travel against Ward I couldn't figure out. With the aid of slo-mo dvr, 2 steps. Of course Kevin couldn't tell that looking through the defender draped over Ward, he had no idea when he stopped dribbling, might as well call traveling. and the fouls when the shooter leans into the defender should be a charge if any call (called against AJ once, but he used twice against Weber).

Turnovers have to stop.

mtgrizrule said:
stubbins said:

I have nothing but questions myself, and no answers. I thought we put these demons to rest a month ago. This is embarassing.

The little hope we do have is Cherry and AJ wrecking havoc on both ends. We need to run Stauds and Taylor through screens to get them open. We need to run the offense through Selvig at the high post and let him find the right man.

The one thing I would tell this team. "Knock their ass to the ground!!!!!" Let Stockton or Jack get under their skins.

Put Cherry and AJ and Rason and Stauds in with one big guy....push it up the floor fast...put some pressure on them and maybe if we can score 50 in the second half we have a chance. This walking it up the floor and letting the defense set up is BS. Not just tonight, always.

Even with two fouls you need Cherry's quickness in the game. Taylor cannot stay with Weber's guards. The griz better find some movement and set some decent picks. They are letting Weber get way to comfortable in their sets.

Hard to complain bout the officiating when we are playing this poorly. Yet I agree bout someof the stuff. Travels on layups and that foul on the jumper was brutal.

mtgrizrule said:
grizd said:

Yes AJ does. He is the leader and needs to take responsibility, then chew ass. I expect Cherry and AJ to be going to the hole every possession. At least they better try it, if they do not, I will be more pissed than I am now.

agree. cherry, aj, staud, raason, selvig if i am tinks

Back