• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ/WEBER thread

Wildkyle... Agreed... To me regardless of the outcome the officiating wasn't exactly consistent. Like i said to lillard earlier I think that call was a bit questionable and probably should have gone your way. At points they had no control of the game.

I've seen a lot of basketball in my time, but Anthony Johnson's second half performance is one of the greatest clutch jobs of putting a team on a player's back and carrying them to a win I've ever seen, and then to do it in a championship game makes it even more special.

I always enjoy watching great players from both my own school as well as other conference teams, but I remember thinking in 2003 that I hoped Idaho State fans understood what they got to watch when Jared Allen was playing over his final two seasons, or in 2007 and 2008 with Natalie Doma and Andrea Lightfoot. I hope you guys and gals all realize what you got to watch in Johnson, and to even a greater extent, Marc Mariani ... two guys about as clutch as they come.

Enjoy your trip to the tournament...my office is working the Spokane Regional, so hopefully I will get to see your guys there...

ISUSID

How many more fouls did we have in the 1st half, its was horrid. I dont want to hear anything from Weber when they totally blew a 20 pnt. lead. Come on!!! 20pnts and you guys are blaming the refs and not your players or your coach. WOW!

Congrats to the Griz!!! I loved the ESPN highlights at the end featuring clips of Larry Krystkowiak, Kamar Davis and Matt Martin as the Griz beat Weber last time to go to the Dance....What a game!!!

ISUSID said:
I've seen a lot of basketball in my time, but Anthony Johnson's second half performance is one of the greatest clutch jobs of putting a team on a player's back and carrying them to a win I've ever seen, and then to do it in a championship game makes it even more special.

I always enjoy watching great players from both my own school as well as other conference teams, but I remember thinking in 2003 that I hoped Idaho State fans understood what they got to watch when Jared Allen was playing over his final two seasons, or in 2007 and 2008 with Natalie Doma and Andrea Lightfoot. I hope you guys and gals all realize what you got to watch in Johnson, and to even a greater extent, Marc Mariani ... two guys about as clutch as they come.

Enjoy your trip to the tournament...my office is working the Spokane Regional, so hopefully I will get to see your guys there...

ISUSID

Thank you for the great, post, ISUSID. You are clearly one class act.

Those of us in the Big Sky -- while we beat the bejeezus out of one another during the season -- always pull for our kind against the big boys. We appreciate your support! Thanks again.

LillardMVP said:
You like that give me, you still suk, A Christmas gift from the refs as the obvious foul was not called and a jump ball instead. You lose by 30-40 in the tournament as you have only 1 player who is damn good.
Tinkle is a joke

:cry: Oh, Lillard wipe your eyes. You can have a nice seat right next to Papa! number 2 in conference, right where you guys belong.

P.S. did the refs cost you the game in football as well?

If tinkle is a joke then you just lost to a joke. Says a lot about your coach (oh and you have THE FREAKING HOME COURT) Perhaps there was a reason they interviewed our coach on ESPN tonight and not yours.......

Sure wish we had a rival in something in the bigsky....maybe we should make a rodeo team?

mtgrizrule said:
WOW, what a win. Anthony "Michael Jordan" Johnson.

Seriously, I am shaking and in tears after that one. My body hurts. AT the half, I went from the recliner to the love seat, crossed my fingers, my arms, and my legs. It was working so I stayed their with every possible cross I could do, I did. I am actually sore from it, but would do it again in heartbeat.

Valvano with an alltime quote on AJ. Other commentator "AJ is big man on campus." Valvano "He is big man of college basketball tonight. " No other player is doing this tonight or any tournament was the jist of it.

How about Cherry coming up with the big tie up in the end? Another clutch play for him.

AJ was in a zone like no other BSC player in BSC history. AJ is now a legend that goes down in folk lore with Dickenson, but in basketball.

I am to excited to post more. I need to calm myself down.
Hey, don't calm down...this is as big a win as the football smack down of South Dakota State....I watched at a restaurant in LA and the crowd was mesmerized...they roared at the end....It is good to be a Griz!

LillardMVP said:
You like that give me, you still suk, A Christmas gift from the refs as the obvious foul was not called and a jump ball instead. You lose by 30-40 in the tournament as you have only 1 player who is damn good.
Tinkle is a joke
Lillardwasmvp-this is weak and somewhat incoherent. :roll: In the Ogden paper, Lillard says he dribbled the ball off of Cherry's foot. To blame the loss on that call is a joke. Look at the foul and free throw stats. There is no doubt in my mind that the officiating favored Weber. 2 good examples are the late turnover calls against Selvig. In one instance he is severely hammered driving to the basket. The traveling call was also BS. He simply did not travel. This was a incredible win by the Griz! AJ's performance was unbelievable! I don't think I have ever seen someone take over a game like that! :) This was a incredible win by the Griz!

LillardMVP said:
Tinkle is a joke

Dude, really? :shock: Grow up junior.

Bad officiating goes both ways, as there were other OBVIOUS fouls not called, with many committed by Weber players.

Actually, I should have expected such poor sportsmanship from Weber. Did you see the trash talking Weber players in the first 30 minutes? It was good to see AJ silence those jerks.

wildkyle said:
Lillard you need to stop. Montana you guys played a heck of a game. I am mad at the refs too but AJ played a heck of a game and we just couldn't stop him.

Thanks WK. WK shows genuine class, unlike fiveyearoldlillardmvptempertantrum. :cool:

LillardMVP said:
Tinkle is a joke
:lol: :lol:

Drown us in your tears

As I said yesterday lilliardNOTmvp, Losers complain about the referees, winners go home and f*** the prom queen... ;)

Franky (the free throw) Sessions is now my favorite wsu player! :cool:

Seriously, congrats to weber on a good season and good luck in the NIT.

Go Griz!

Maul'em!

Back