• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gus to get tryout with Bears....

HelenaHandBasket wrote: ↑Wed May 03, 2017 12:24 pm
PlayerRep wrote: ↑Wed May 03, 2017 12:16 pm
See, there you have it. He's playing in the NFL.

Technically he isn't.

Did you mean that a try-out in order to be able to attend a mini-camp isn't technically being in the NFL or that the Chicago Bears are not technically an NFL team. Probably correct on both counts.

Ursa Major said:
PhxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Speaking of Bears, qb's and Montana, heard that a former MT qb helped a former Bear qb buy a ranch in MT, after one qb was referred to the other qb by a former MT receiver. Decided not to name names, out of concern that that might be considered name-dropping
Former Griz bought a ranch next to ours. I won't name drop either.
I saw a former Griz player buying a ranch dressing at Safeway. I won't name drop either.

He also knows UM alum John Connors, very well!

If you saw him buying dressing, could I assume he is a wedding caterer...maybe where he met John Connors?

HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursa Major said:
PhxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Speaking of Bears, qb's and Montana, heard that a former MT qb helped a former Bear qb buy a ranch in MT, after one qb was referred to the other qb by a former MT receiver. Decided not to name names, out of concern that that might be considered name-dropping
I saw a former Griz player buying a ranch dressing at Safeway. I won't name drop either.

If you saw him buying dressing, could I assume he is a wedding caterer...maybe where he met John Connors?

Who is John Connors?

BWahlberg said:
Had to be the damn Bears didn't it, lol.

It's a long shot for Brady but looking at the Bears QBs:

- Glennon
- Trubisky
- Sanchez
- Shaw
- Gustafson (tryout)

Glennon and Trubisky are roster locks of course. Sanchez they'd probably love to cut loose since I'd assume the cost to have him on roster as a 3rd string QB isn't feasible. Shaw might have termed out from being practice squad eligible... if so he may be the 3rd guy on the active roster.

That could leave a shot for Brady to land on the practice squad and develop there.

It's a pretty long shot, but I hope it works out for him.

agree totally with b/g here....."so your saying I have a chance",,,,,ive known gus since west days and the thing he has beside a great arm is a very good, sharp mind in the class room....if it is close then, gus could win a job by understanding the offensive coordinators scheme. it could be the difference.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursa Major said:
PhxGriz said:

Who is John Connors?

Take your pick.

https://www.google.com/search?q=joh...9NTTAhUT_WMKHTriCBIQ_AUICygC&biw=1360&bih=638

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursa Major said:

Who is John Connors?

Take your pick.

https://www.google.com/search?q=joh...9NTTAhUT_WMKHTriCBIQ_AUICygC&biw=1360&bih=638

The one who went to UM, and is on the board of Nike?

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Who is John Connors?

Take your pick.

The one who went to UM, and is on the board of Nike?

I don't know him. I knew a UM Grad by that name that worked for MS. We used to get all gowed up on Fridays in Redmond. He had a very inquisitive mind and would often ask what a Narcissistic Personality Disorder is and how to successfully interact and manipulate business associates that had it. Nice guy! :thumb:

I have no dog in this fight, but I did see Jimmy Connors rock a double-double animal style at the In-N-Out on PCH and 2nd in Long Beach. The kicker: dude ordered extra T-Island (special sauce) for his fries instead of ordering them animal style. That's rookie.

Anyway, he wasn't pleased with his order. After he was done, he proceeded to rip like 12 serves back toward the INO drive-thru window, saying, "Serve this one!" Just for kicks. I'm fairly certain it wasn't the real Jimmy Connors because his form was all off. Maybe three of the 12 hit the window. I know the real JC would've put them all right through. I know he would've also got those fries animal style.

CDAGRIZ said:
I have no dog in this fight, but I did see Jimmy Connors rock a double-double animal style at the In-N-Out on PCH and 2nd in Long Beach. The kicker: dude ordered extra T-Island (special sauce) for his fries instead of ordering them animal style. That's rookie.

Anyway, he wasn't pleased with his order. After he was done, he proceeded to rip like 12 serves back toward the INO drive-thru window, saying, "Serve this one!" Just for kicks. I'm fairly certain it wasn't the real Jimmy Connors because his form was all off. Maybe three of the 12 hit the window. I know the real JC would've put them all right through. I know he would've also got those fries animal style.

Wow! Björn would never do that. I actually once had lunch with Björn Bjornstein and John Conners at an In-and-Out in Indio and they both were 2/3 in the bag. Total pros!! Wiped the table and put their trays away.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Wow! Björn would never do that. I actually once had lunch with Björn Bjornstein and John Conners at an In-and-Out in Indio and they both were 2/3 in the bag. Total pros!! Wiped the table and put their trays away.

They were always known, among us in the know, as the consummate professionals if and when they visited a fast food restaurant. I'm surprised BB didn't tidy up the womens' restroom whilst there. It would've been "Classic Björn", after all.

PlayerRep said:

Wasn't it already in the news but hat Jay Cutler was enjoying his new home in Montana? Thought I read that somewhere a few weeks ago. Not hard to figure out who the Gris are from there.

It wont take a brain surgeon to figure out who the former QB is, but i respect how everyone is respecting privacy.

NativeGriz said:
It wont take a brain surgeon to figure out who the former QB is, but i respect how everyone is respecting privacy.

It most certainly must be John Connor, no?

Back