• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gustafson Added to Watch List

Eriul said:
Raider said:
Eriul said:
bgbigdog said:
Not going to be player of the year. Ah Yat, JJ, Edwards, Bergquist & Ochs were all better. We'll see where he winds up statistically, but I'd trade that easily for winning games.

Gus stats - this year (199/302) 66% 2195 yards(313 ypg), 22 TD's, 5 ints, QBR (147.67)

Edwards - Best year 2002 (257/449) 57% 3209 yards(229 ypg), 20 TD's, 9 ints, QBR (128)

Sorry. Not even close on this one. Edwards had the perfect situation and isn't even close to
Brady statistically. He had a better team, coach, and everything ended season 10-2 lost in 2nd round of playoffs. About where our team is going to be looking. Can't find out where he landed on the Walter Payton but let's be real. Gus leads in every statistical category on this one with a worse team and coach. Obviously never really sniffed the NFL.

Ah Yat is hard to argue seeing as he won a chipper.

Huh? :?

Yah I noticed I said this last night too. Was too lazy to change. I wrote up that whole post in about 10 min. Meant to say got to the chipper. but w/e

P.S. I started watching in 2002 so I did not watch the whole season with Ah yat so yah... can't argue about him. The others I can tho.

Again, huh?

You started watching in 2002, so you “didn’t watch the whole season with Ah Yat”. That makes no sense. Are you aware that Ah Yat’s last year was 1998?

If you started watching in 2002, then you’d be aware that the Griz won the 2001 Championship with John Edwards. You make no mention of that for some reason. Ya know, that guy that isn’t even close to Gus? That guy that was the 2002 Big Sky Offensive MVP and finished in the top 5 voting for the Walter Payton award?

Sorry, I think you are just making shit up and trying to back fill it with information you are looking up on the internet.

Raider said:
Eriul said:
Raider said:
Eriul said:
Gus stats - this year (199/302) 66% 2195 yards(313 ypg), 22 TD's, 5 ints, QBR (147.67)

Edwards - Best year 2002 (257/449) 57% 3209 yards(229 ypg), 20 TD's, 9 ints, QBR (128)

Sorry. Not even close on this one. Edwards had the perfect situation and isn't even close to
Brady statistically. He had a better team, coach, and everything ended season 10-2 lost in 2nd round of playoffs. About where our team is going to be looking. Can't find out where he landed on the Walter Payton but let's be real. Gus leads in every statistical category on this one with a worse team and coach. Obviously never really sniffed the NFL.

Yah I noticed I said this last night too. Was too lazy to change. I wrote up that whole post in about 10 min. Meant to say got to the chipper. but w/e

P.S. I started watching in 2002 so I did not watch the whole season with Ah yat so yah... can't argue about him. The others I can tho.

Again, huh?

You started watching in 2002, so you “didn’t watch the whole season with Ah Yat”. That makes no sense. Are you aware that Ah Yat’s last year was 1998?

If you started watching in 2002, then you’d be aware that the Griz won the 2001 Championship with John Edwards. You make no mention of that for some reason. Ya know, that guy that isn’t even close to Gus? That guy that was the 2002 Big Sky Offensive MVP and finished in the top 5 voting for the Walter Payton award?

Sorry, I think you are just making shit up and trying to back fill it with information you are looking up on the internet.

Raider please, enough with the "nostalgia" already. I decided not to answer back to this tool because it was clear to me he didn't have f$&King clue what he was talking about. If by better, anyone thinks it's just a matter of stats, I haven't got the time of day for them.

Props to Gustafson for standing up and saying that he stunk up the place, twice now, and deflecting applause as a result of a team effort. Nobody here wants him to fail. But don't tell me he's already among the greats to have played here because of a QBR. There's still time to do great things, and I'm hopeful he'll do so.

PlayerRep said:
I believe Ah Yat was the first team all-American QB that year, which I believe was his sophomore year.

http://www.si.com/vault/1997/08/25/230994/beach-ball-quarterback-brian-ah-yat-is-the-latest-in-a-long-line-of-hawaiians-who-have-helped-turn-montana-into-a-power

Sorry, more "nostalgia." Note who wrote this piece.

bgbigdog said:
Raider said:
Raider please, enough with the "nostalgia" already. I decided not to answer back to this tool because it was clear to me she didn't have f$&King clue what she was talking about. If by better, anyone thinks it's just a matter of stats, I haven't got the time of day for them.

Props to Gustafson for standing up and saying that he stunk up the place, twice now, and deflecting applause as a result of a team effort. Nobody here wants him to fail. But don't tell me he's already among the greats to have played here because of a QBR. There's still time to do great things, and I'm hopeful he'll do so.
I'm a big fan of "stats," but like everything else, there is a context. For instance, on pass efficiency (QBR), right now the conference leader is the Cal Poly QB at 207 which is pretty darned good, on paper. EWU's QB is at 177, below JJ's 2013 career high.

Gubrud and JJ are comparable. Gubrud has thrown for 3134 yds so far (177). JJ threw for 3387 yds (182).

The Cal Poly QB has thrown for a grand total of 969 yds so far (207). Is he really the best "passing QB" in the conference because of his QBR?

Brady is currently at 146 rated fifth in the conference.

Raider said:
PlayerRep said:
I believe Ah Yat was the first team all-American QB that year, which I believe was his sophomore year.

What year are you referring too?

His sophomore year, the first year he was a starter. I believe it was '96 and the Randy Moss year in the chipper.

PlayerRep said:
Raider said:
PlayerRep said:

What year are you referring too?

His sophomore year, the first year he was a starter. I believe it was '96 and the Randy Moss year in the chipper.

Oh, ok. That is correct.

I misunderstood and thought you were talking about him playing in 2002, like Eriul did.

Raider said:
Eriul said:
Raider said:
Eriul said:

Again, huh?

Eriul.....wears blinders....when talking BG.....

Back