• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Having an adaptable defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
CV Griz Fan said:
HookedonGriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep here is the quote you requested. What kind of point do you think he was trying to make with this comment? If you can't honestly answer that one either you may need to just give up on life all together.
Hookedongriz argues that 35 points against the same team shows a better defense than 7 points. Those were facts. They may not prove that Ty was a better DC than Semore, but you are an idiot if you claim it proves that Semore was a better DC than Ty.

That's how it works.

There is almost nothing that can be done with that level of denial.

Wrong again. You made the comment to try and make a point that one defense was superior to the other. Another poster said that's a bad comparison and you're comparing apples to oranges since they were two different teams and two different seasons. I agreed with that poster and said I agreed it was an awful comparison and truly was apples to oranges. If you don't understand that football is a game of match ups, and those match ups change each year based on different personnel, coaching, schemes, etc.....then no one can help you. Well no one except player rep as he is an even bigger idiot for not seeing this.

Oh and player rep, um75 post above proves exactly what I claimed....he made the comment in an attempt to compare Ty and Semore. And in his idiotic world (which you seem to reside in) he thinks Ty is a better DC over the scores from two different seasons, teams, coaches, and schemes. Wow you guys need to lay off the retard sandwiches.

Hook:
It's not worth it. Let Grizindabox take it from here. He has been on vacation so he has the energy to go on for a few more pages battling 75 and his "merry go round" of thoughts. If your smart, you'd just take an Advil like me and go to bed. Nobody needs to be a egriz martyr here.....

Nope....I am not going to waste my time prolonging this shit show....but I do wonder whom had the top bunk.....75 or PR.......

HookedonGriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
Bloomberg75 said:
UMGriz75 knows pretty much nothing about football. He is nothing more than a number cruncher.
You need to flatter yourself, of course. That's the only way you can do it. :roll:

Under Ty, MSU scored scored seven whole points. Under Semore, 35.

Flatter yourself some more. Crunch those numbers.

PlayerRep here is the quote you requested. What kind of point do you think he was trying to make with this comment? If you can't honestly answer that one either you may need to just give up on life all together.
Both of those games Ty was the man in charge not Semore so you can't compare those games Umgriz 75 . Last I checked Semore took over after Ty bailed for MSU AFTER THE SEASON WAS OVER !! Ty did not adapt well this year against a very mobile QB! 75 you are arguing something that is totally false that was not Semore as D coordinator against MSU IN 2015 , can't wait for his first season as D coordinator ! Should be a fun season!!

That's a great point Catsack, if the folks who say TG was never demoted, than it is one hundred percent impossible to compare Gregorak and Semore until after the 2016 season. Semore has never been the Griz DC and has never called plays if TG wasn't demoted, so there is no comparison yet. In December, let the comparisons begin.

havgrizfan said:
That's a great point Catsack, if the folks who say TG was never demoted, than it is one hundred percent impossible to compare Gregorak and Semore until after the 2016 season. Semore has never been the Griz DC and has never called plays if TG wasn't demoted, so there is no comparison yet. In December, let the comparisons begin.

Oh, come. Look, I know and like TG. I know Stitt and Semore, as I am sure you do too. I spent time with TG and Choate recently. Please don't tell lies and try to BS us.

Everyone knows that TG was the DC the whole season, and Semore was more active in planning the D for games as the season went on, especially after PSU. Pls, HavGriz, don't you become a dumbass on this forum too.

PR, what lie did I tell? I said, since TG was the DC last year, and was NOT demoted, there is no way to compare the two, as Semore has yet to be the DC for the Griz during a regular season game. Not sure where there was a lie in there. And, actually I have never met Jason Semore.

PlayerRep said:
havgrizfan said:

Oh, come. Look, I know and like TG. I know Stitt and Semore, as I am sure you do too. I spent time with TG and Choate recently. Please don't tell lies and try to BS us.

Everyone knows that TG was the DC the whole season, and Semore was more active in planning the D for games as the season went on, especially after PSU. Pls, HavGriz, don't you become a dumbass on this forum too.
T G WAS THE D COORDINATOR FOR THAT GAME CORRECT ?? Have isn't lying about anything ! It's 75 that is he doesn't understand that Ty was in charge!

havgrizfan said:
PR, what lie did I tell? I said, since TG was the DC last year, and was NOT demoted, there is no way to compare the two, as Semore has yet to be the DC for the Griz during a regular season game. Not sure where there was a lie in there. And, actually I have never met Jason Semore.

Do you think TG was not demoted, when Semore was allowed to step up more in the game-planning? Many people would not know, but I assume you have a pretty good feeling for what occurred. Perhaps I misinterpreted what you said, but my first sentence is what I thought.

catsack said:
PlayerRep said:
havgrizfan said:

T G WAS THE D COORDINATOR FOR THAT GAME CORRECT ?? Have isn't lying about anything ! It's 75 that is he doesn't understand that Ty was in charge!

You are an idiot. Have you not noticed how many post and posters have said that Semore took over after the PSU game. Have you not noticed Stitt's comment.

Let's hear your view on how the defense was run last season. Step up, big boy, and tell us how the defense was run.

TG was the DC for every game last season. Semore had a lot of input, but on the field TG was the DC. Therefore it is imperically impossible for 75 to compare TG and Semore. Jason Semore has never been the DC for a game the Griz played in and since he didn't coordinate a defense in a game, then he cannot be compared to Ty yet, in any single way. Which makes 75's argument moot. That's my point.

havgrizfan said:
TG was the DC for every game last season. Semore had a lot of input, but on the field TG was the DC. Therefore it is imperically impossible for 75 to compare TG and Semore. Jason Semore has never been the DC for a game the Griz played in and since he didn't coordinate a defense in a game, then he cannot be compared to Ty yet, in any single way. Which makes 75's argument moot. That's my point.

What moot argument did 75 make? Please quote it.

UMGriz75 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
When he should have been at his best, the defense could not come through and win the game.
I agree with the UM Athletic Department assessment. "Montana's defense gave up a quiet 330 and kept the Mustangs out of the end zone in the second half. But the offense was unable to reward the effort."

If you feel that, under Stitt, its up to the Defense to win games for the Griz, Semore has his work cut out for him. It's an interesting viewpoint. Why do you have such a low opinion of Bob Stitt's offense? You are aware that Cal Poly was one of the conference's defensive doormats last season, right? And we have a high-powered offense, right?
The "problem" here is a bunch of ideologues.

The thread topic was about having an adaptable defense.

It is useful to do what some of us did, walk through the evidence:

1) compare the three year record of Ty. Did it improve or deteriorate? It improved.
2) Compare select games against the same opponents.
3) Compare games against passing teams and games against primarily running teams.
4) Compare season long first half defense performance against second half performance.

Then read Wahlberg's 20 paragraph long essay on why Ty was qualified to be head coach.

From that, can you conclude that Ty was a reasonably good DC and that he could adapt?

The answer is, "yes." Since he isn't here anymore, it's a moot point, but the religious fervor that the same knot of five always shows on anything "Ty," which is always the opposite of anything "Stitt," once again generates a thread chock full of knothead remarks.

Our problem this past season wasn't the defense, it was an offense that could not adapt. Hopefully, that will change.

Do we have an assessment on the defense? Well, for the same bunch that insisted that Ty was not the DC the second half of the season, the results aren't great, but they have a hundred excuses why Semore actually did a great job. If Ty was in charge, then he has those same excuses, right?

UMGriz75 said:
UMGriz75 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
When he should have been at his best, the defense could not come through and win the game.
I agree with the UM Athletic Department assessment. "Montana's defense gave up a quiet 330 and kept the Mustangs out of the end zone in the second half. But the offense was unable to reward the effort."

If you feel that, under Stitt, its up to the Defense to win games for the Griz, Semore has his work cut out for him. It's an interesting viewpoint. Why do you have such a low opinion of Bob Stitt's offense? You are aware that Cal Poly was one of the conference's defensive doormats last season, right? And we have a high-powered offense, right?
The "problem" here is a bunch of ideologues.

The thread topic was about having an adaptable defense.

It is useful to do what some of us did, walk through the evidence:

1) compare the three year record of Ty. Did it improve or deteriorate? It improved.
2) Compare select games against the same opponents.
3) Compare games against passing teams and games against primarily running teams.
4) Compare season long first half defense performance against second half performance.

Then read Wahlberg's 20 paragraph long essay on why Ty was qualified to be head coach.

From that, can you conclude that Ty was a reasonably good DC and that he could adapt?

The answer is, "yes." Since he isn't here anymore, it's a moot point, but the religious fervor that the same knot of five always shows on anything "Ty," which is always the opposite of anything "Stitt," once again generates a thread chock full of knothead remarks.

Our problem this past season wasn't the defense, it was an offense that could not adapt. Hopefully, that will change.

Do we have an assessment on the defense? Well, for the same bunch that insisted that Ty was not the DC the second half of the season, the results aren't great, but they have a hundred excuses why Semore actually did a great job. If Ty was in charge, then he has those same excuses, right?

Oh jeez! This guy loves to lick his own balls..

Hahahaahah!!!

I hadn't clicked on this thread in some time (for obvious reasons), and regretted doing so today until I saw 420's post.

grizcountry420 said:
What is interesting is that, among you and your tiny little circle, is that in eight pages of whining, bitching, moaning and complaining, you could not generate a single argument that demonstrated that the defense was NOT adaptable. Not one. Either it was just that tough to do, or, perhaps you were just too busy ... licking.

UMGriz75 said:
grizcountry420 said:
What is interesting is that, among you and your tiny little circle, is that in eight pages of whining, bitching, moaning and complaining, you could not generate a single argument that demonstrated that the defense was NOT adaptable. Not one. Either it was just that tough to do, or, perhaps you were just too busy ... licking.

What isn't so surprising......that you missed 420's entire point....hint.....hint.....it had nothing to do with defense......

grizindabox said:
UMGriz75 said:
grizcountry420 said:

What isn't so surprising......that you missed 420's entire point....hint.....hint.....it had nothing to do with defense......

brick-lol.gif

Nine pages (9) and U Griz fans are still going at it. Even taking time out at the lake and cooling off U guys are stubborn and continuing the very very very inportant point concerning defense....or some such topic.
I'll check in with U boys tomorow, don't let me slow this down as we only have 30+ days until a football game.

HookedonGriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
HookedonGriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
Hookedongriz argues that 35 points against the same team shows a better defense than 7 points. Those were facts. They may not prove that Ty was a better DC than Semore, but you are an idiot if you claim it proves that Semore was a better DC than Ty.

That's how it works.

There is almost nothing that can be done with that level of denial.

Wrong again. You made the comment to try and make a point that one defense was superior to the other. Another poster said that's a bad comparison and you're comparing apples to oranges since they were two different teams and two different seasons. I agreed with that poster and said I agreed it was an awful comparison and truly was apples to oranges. If you don't understand that football is a game of match ups, and those match ups change each year based on different personnel, coaching, schemes, etc.....then no one can help you. Well no one except player rep as he is an even bigger idiot for not seeing this.

Oh and player rep, um75 post above proves exactly what I claimed....he made the comment in an attempt to compare Ty and Semore. And in his idiotic world (which you seem to reside in) he thinks Ty is a better DC over the scores from two different seasons, teams, coaches, and schemes. Wow you guys need to lay off the retard sandwiches.

Hook:
It's not worth it. Let Grizindabox take it from here. He has been on vacation so he has the energy to go on for a few more pages battling 75 and his "merry go round" of thoughts. If your smart, you'd just take an Advil like me and go to bed. Nobody needs to be a egriz martyr here.....

Great advice. A few others PMd me and said you can block both UM75 and PR and never see a post again. They said best decision they have ever made. That is also great advice and will be my next move.

I don't think that the egriz blocking function necessarily works against Ace and Gary's penetration beam. You'd better confirm that before you develop a false sense of security.....that penis shaped car is narly too....

CV Griz Fan said:
HookedonGriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
HookedonGriz said:

Hook:

Great advice. A few others PMd me and said you can block both UM75 and PR and never see a post again. They said best decision they have ever made. That is also great advice and will be my next move.

I don't think that the egriz blocking function necessarily works against Ace and Gary's penetration beam. You'd better confirm that before you develop a false sense of security.....that penis shaped car is narly too....

so what you are saying.....it is not a cokc blokc...

CV Griz Fan said:
HookedonGriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
HookedonGriz said:

Hook:

Okay now in crying! Both from laughter in your comment and emotional pain if it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back