• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Having an adaptable defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
grizindabox said:
That isn't so surprising......that you missed 420's entire point....hint.....hint.....it had nothing to do with defense......
You are exactly right. It had nothing to do with "defense," the thread topic.

Now, just think about that with your giant brain for a while. Then think "troll." Then think -- I know, I know, I am asking too much -- where the discussion is that shows that UM did NOT have a defense that adapted last season? AWOL?

After the start of the thread, the subject was made "Cal Poly."

BozAngelesGriz said:
SoldierGriz wrote:
:twocents: Stopping the run is the single most important thing a defense must do.
I wonder if the griz d will ever get the triple option figured out
BWahlberg said:
BozAngelesGriz wrote:

probably not since the only time we see it is against Poly.
Then, holy shit, the Trolling Five hit full gear to run this up to nine pages, running around with their dresses pulled over the heads, incensed, absolutely deranged, over the following post.
UMGriz75 said:
Cal Poly was certainly a "run" team. Cal Poly is the first column, UM is the second.

Cal_Poly.jpg

That being said, look at the relative adjustments coming into the second half. UM's Defense obviously made the correct adjustments; no touchdowns for Cal; a very good adjustment against a "run" team. UM's Offense: flat on its face the third Q.

Cal_Polyby_Quarters.jpg
That's all it takes: describe what actually happened, and the full force of the Remote Control Crowd takes over. Anger. Name-calling. Insults. It is laughable how a few observations take over certain heads. Bam!

Nothing more edifying and yas refreshing than a rousing good bout of he said, he said, he said, he said, no he said, I said, you said, yes you frigging said, I didn’t say, you did too say, da fug I said, yas you did too, did not did not did not diddlediddledidtoodidnotwhogivesaratsass. Jolly good shoo, boys!

Too inbred, too riddled with feuds, too far gone to save. All must be banded and new blood brought in from the villages and the hollows and the swamps and forced into commentary. Who cares what they know or discuss ... it could only be better.

75...you do realize that with exception to PR.....no one is even reading your posts anymore....but keep going....I am sure you have a daily quota of words to hit.....just like my wife and her damn "steps".........gotta hit 10,000.....

1st half to 2d half in CP game:

14 points to 6 points

CP had 186 yards rushing in first half, and 144 in 2d.

CP had 228 yards of TO in first half, to 158 in 2d half.

CP averaged under 3 yards per play in 2d half, compared to 4.3 for game and about 6.6 in first half.

Looks like good adaptation by the defense in that game.

Assuming my quick calculations are accurate.

Sooo, to summarize the salient points of this tread…………..you guys once again spent your weekend posting on e-griz. Cool.

Raider said:
Sooo, to summarize the salient points of this tread…………..you guys once again spent your weekend posting on e-griz. Cool.

It was a great weekend at the lake.....

grizindabox said:
Raider said:

It was a great weekend at the lake.....

Actually, it's been a great summer at the lake. Beautiful day today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back