• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Henderson's Virus...

griz4life said:
Sounds like Crohn's disease.

A friend of mine had similar symptoms, and it took the doctors over a year to diagnose. Turned out to be Celiac Disease (gluten allergy). Once they diagnosed it, she changed her diet, and was back to normal within weeks.

Hope they get it figured out soon.

grizpack said:
griz4life said:
Sounds like Crohn's disease.

A friend of mine had similar symptoms, and it took the doctors over a year to diagnose. Turned out to be Celiac Disease (gluten allergy). Once they diagnosed it, she changed her diet, and was back to normal within weeks.

Hope they get it figured out soon.
My great granddaughter was suffering from this. Took a long time to diagnose it. Diet change, now all ok. I would think by now the dr.'s would have tested Ellis for this, as it's becoming more commonly known.

Grizzoola said:
From what I've seen in the press, it's a bacterial, not viral, infection. Who's right, here?

You are. The Missoulian reported that it was bacterial. Of course, they're not 100% right about everything... :?:

CV Griz Fan said:
Unfortunately, this story is turning into one of the most frustrating aspects of the 2014 Griz campaign. I really feel bad for this young man.

Just saw the father of Ellis Henderson, a usually very engaging man was really short with me today. He was very frustrated and concerned...There's a big announcement coming either later today or tomorrow. I am sick over his situation and feel so badly for him and his incredible son. One of the best Griz in recent years on and off the field. You are in our prayers Hendersons!

BigPawzSharpClawz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Unfortunately, this story is turning into one of the most frustrating aspects of the 2014 Griz campaign. I really feel bad for this young man.

Just saw the father of Ellis Henderson, a usually very engaging man was really short with me today. He was very frustrated and concerned...There's a big announcement coming either later today or tomorrow. I am sick over his situation and feel so badly for him and his incredible son. One of the best Griz in recent years on and off the field. You are in our prayers Hendersons!
Just heard Mick say he's heading back to Vancouver after the game today and withdrawing from school for the semester. :(

Htowngriz said:
BigPawzSharpClawz said:
CV Griz Fan said:

Just heard Mick say he's heading back to Vancouver after the game today and withdrawing from school for the semester. :(

I just heard that on pregame too, and posted it on the game thread. This sounds way worse than any of us thought. God Bless Ellis and his family during their fight with whatever he is dealing with.

I hope they figure out what's going on with him. There's nothing worse than being sick and not knowing why.
He's one hell of a player. I hate to see someone's football career end that way.

As long as we're purely speculating...

First thing that comes to mind when they said "stomach" and "bacterial" is a stubborn recurrent c. diff infection. Many times patients will present with an infection of any kind and will have it treated with antibiotics, which will in turn wipe out normal bacteria in the gut and leave c. difficile to colonize the gut and wreak havoc. If it's really been going on dang near a year like someone posted, likely they'll have already ruled out chronic autoimmune GI issues like ulcerative colitis or Crohn's.

Really a bummer, hopefully they get it figured out and get him well. Sounds like he is making the best move for his health and well-being.

BigPawzSharpClawz said:
CV Griz Fan said:

I did not see this before the game and did not know. That really took the wind out of the sails. I agree, I really feel bad for Ellis.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
BigPawzSharpClawz said:
CV Griz Fan said:

I did not see this before the game and did not know. That really took the wind out of the sails. I agree, I really feel bad for Ellis.
This is just so sad. My heart goes out to Ellis and his family. I hope his illness can be dealt with and healed, and he can get on with the rest of a healthy, productive life. God bless!

Sucks for Ellis. I've heard he's been so bad recently he's not been able to even get out of bed much. I hope a medical hardship can be sought through the NCAA so he can return in the spring with 2 years of eligibility still.

BWahlberg said:
Sucks for Ellis. I've heard he's been so bad recently he's not been able to even get out of bed much. I hope a medical hardship can be sought through the NCAA so he can return in the spring with 2 years of eligibility still.

It's a surprise that Ellis has been able to stay in school up to this point with these kind of issues. Do you know if they are aware of what exactly has? Such a sad story. Here's hoping the time off is exactly what Ellis needs to get healthy.

Also, being closer to metro health care facilities is probably a smart move given that we haven't been able to get a handle on his condition here.

So while Hendo was sick and still with the team...does the school cover his medical bills than like they would with say a broken foot that occurs during a game? Man this thing sucks, and is very weird!

Back