• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Will This Team Respond?

In the somewhat distant past I would have confidence that adjustments would be made and all would be well with the Griz. Truthfully I don't have that confidence right now. I hope we have a football revival of sorts this week and things start to turn around. That is my vote, I hope no one can say "I told you so" if things go south. My vote is for the Griz to win with a good defense at hand.

Season 2017 maybe lost prior to October 1st if our Griz fail to win in Portland.

A win keeps us on life support. ISU will be no patsy in poky this year.

Yes, we have an opportunity to salvage season on the brink. Would be great to be 4-2 for HC game.

We have the athletes to do so. Do we have the leadership?

grizeyes said:
IMO, a great response to the ewu disaster is critical and will ultimately determine how the rest of the season goes. Two road wins, we're at 4-2 with our confidence building, getting better each game and learning. If that happens, 7-4 or better is a possibility.

Lose the next two road games and the wheels will be off the bus and the season will be lost.

A split, we're at 3-3, and there's still a glimmer of hope for a 6-5, or maybe better season.

The next two games are must wins, IMO.

GO GRIZ!

Yup. Good analysis.

first11 said:

Score EWU 41 UM 34

1st and 10 at MONT 20
(3:13 - 4th) Gresch Jensen pass incomplete to Jeremy Calhoun

2nd and 10 at MONT 20
(3:13 - 4th) Gresch Jensen pass incomplete to Justin Calhoun

3rd and 10 at MONT 20

4th and 10 at MONT 20
(3:13 - 4th) Gresch Jensen pass incomplete to Makena Simis

Most FCS coaches, I believe, would have punted.

edit: it was actually 41 seconds later, not 20 seconds. :)
Score EWU 48 UM 34

hold-em said:
first11 said:

Score EWU 41 UM 34

1st and 10 at MONT 20

2nd and 10 at MONT 20

3rd and 10 at MONT 20

4th and 10 at MONT 20

20 seconds later
Score EWU 48 UM 34

anyone in their right mind would punt

grizcountry420 said:
I know it's only Sunday but how is this team going to respond next week in Portland?

I believe the players want to get a win and move on. The more reps Gresch gets the better he'll get. He played quite well for his first FCS start. Hoping for a good season in spite of the loss on Saturday. Might see EWU again at the end of the season. GO GRIZ!!

hold-em said:
first11 said:

Score EWU 41 UM 34

1st and 10 at MONT 20

2nd and 10 at MONT 20

3rd and 10 at MONT 20

4th and 10 at MONT 20

edit: it was actually 41 seconds later, not 20 seconds. :)
Score EWU 48 UM 34

I was fine with the first "non-punt", but this one was different. There was still over 3 minutes in the game and you are virtually assuring them of scoring at that point. really didn't understand that one.

hold-em said:
grizcountry420 said:
I know it's only Sunday but how is this team going to respond next week in Portland?

I believe the players want to get a win and move on. The more reps Gresch gets the better he'll get. He played quite well for his first FCS start. Hoping for a good season in spite of the loss on Saturday. Might see EWU again at the end of the season. GO GRIZ!!

Gresch isn't the problem. Our Defense is the problem.. We can score 40 points a game and still lose cause the D will give up 50.

grizcountry420 said:
PlayerRep said:
I am not worried about how the team will respond. They will respond well. Why wouldn't they?

Why wouldn't they respond well? All of their mistakes are carrying over from last year. They continue to lose conference games. Have now lost 5 out of last 6 and the only win is ISU and we gave up 44 points to them.
This. Our defense was standing around looking to the sideline for a signal while MSU was snapping the ball last year and we're still doing the same thing. Any observer can see this is not a well coached team. EWU also exposed some lack of speed which is hard to respond to.

hilinegrizfan said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
And sometimes when you need something to happen you look at a guy who can make things happen..... Like JLM. 2 catches for 8 yards. Was he covered so well we gave up looking at him?

+1. Mr. Electricity... why no designed plays for him... the one game we didn't throw it to him 100 times lol
He had a couple of the drops.

I hope the team can rally. I hope coaching staff can aid in that. Not certain they can.

That loss was deflating for sure. To have the lead and a decent lead and to just get trucked in the second half has to hurt.

I think the Griz come to play and maybe start strong a lot like the EWU game. But a momentum shift could easily take the gas out.

It's sad to think, but part of me see a worse record this year than last year. PSU, ISU, Weber and MSU could all be loses. The other games toss ups as well. I hope like hell I am wrong.

Back