• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

INTRODUCING, DALTON SNEED

grizghost said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
i_the_sky said:
The Grizzlies are,indeed fortunate to have Dalton Sneed at QB! It's unfortunate he's going through this Gresch Jensen drama! In the real world when a player out preforms another player and wins a position it's end of story but part of Montana's fan base is still in love with the finesse, fickle football the out going regime played and they aren't mature enough to accept what's best for Grizzly football! The Grizzlies are transitioning into a more physical disciple football team! Some players from the Stitt era will not be able to take it! Dalton has already proved he's good to go! In short Montana is very lucky and our two young guys are going to start out right by seeing how it's done right from Dalton! The timing is perfect I must say! Good luck to you Dalton and Thank You for choosing Montana. All this whing bull shit will blow over and you will love it her! We are Montana"!
RTD!
Go Griz!

But he didn't outright win the position. He had it handed to him and was given the benefit of the doubt when things went wrong. He's slower and has less of an arm than Jensen did.

..wth?..what are you talking about? ...slow? NO..obviously you are clueless..hes got great attributes
and natural instincts for football and leadership skills that are going to push this team to compete!
...there's more to a QB than just throwing the long ball!

Sneed appears to be much faster and quicker than Jensen. I haven't seen enough of his arm to comment on it. The accuracy and zip on the short passes and passes to the sidelines seemed very good in the scrimmage.

Catsrback76 said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:
Seems like Griz fans looked at Jensen and wanted to be able to see him as that next super Dave QB. I know I sort of did. Hey we have a freshman QB that’s really shining here.... could he lead the Griz for the next 4 years and possibly win a NC? I think that was my mindset when Stitt was at the helm. Bobby then came back and I honestly thought heck we have an even better chance then.! Then throw in this deal with Jensen deciding to leave. A real kick in the gut. But honestly I sure see some upside the Sneed. Kid is a gamer with moxie and speed. He know the coaches and what they expect. So I guess I see Sneed as equal or on par with Jensen. Maybe Jensen had a better touch, but he was needing to learn this new system and that set him back enough that coaches see the best opportunity to win when th Sneed! It’s just to bad that Jensen decided he did not want to stay and learn and compete. I wish Jensen the best but also plan on standing behind Sneed to support him. I hope you all can do the same.

Go Griz RTD

You HAD a QB1 who as a freshman IS an All American... whose upside was "the sky's the limit"! Would he have made it to the top? Who knows, but isn't that the risk of every QB so anointed.

You now have a QB1 who won no more games than the previous QB1, left the program because he was replaced as QB1... who's upside is???

This was a big gamble that appears to be a BH move from the get go...but hey, it might work out...or be a colossal mistake. It certainly makes for some intrigue and guarantees that I will pay more attention to QB production from uM.

It would have been a gamble had Hauck not brought Sneed on board. He recruited Sneed out of HS, knew he could run Rosenbach's system, and HAD to add a JC or dropdown transfer at QB. Should Hauck have pursued a less talented transfer to nurture the freshman QB's upside? No.

Sneed will impress.

PlayerRep said:
grizghost said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
i_the_sky said:
The Grizzlies are,indeed fortunate to have Dalton Sneed at QB! It's unfortunate he's going through this Gresch Jensen drama! In the real world when a player out preforms another player and wins a position it's end of story but part of Montana's fan base is still in love with the finesse, fickle football the out going regime played and they aren't mature enough to accept what's best for Grizzly football! The Grizzlies are transitioning into a more physical disciple football team! Some players from the Stitt era will not be able to take it! Dalton has already proved he's good to go! In short Montana is very lucky and our two young guys are going to start out right by seeing how it's done right from Dalton! The timing is perfect I must say! Good luck to you Dalton and Thank You for choosing Montana. All this whing bull shit will blow over and you will love it her! We are Montana"!
RTD!
Go Griz!

But he didn't outright win the position. He had it handed to him and was given the benefit of the doubt when things went wrong. He's slower and has less of an arm than Jensen did.

..wth?..what are you talking about? ...slow? NO..obviously you are clueless..hes got great attributes
and natural instincts for football and leadership skills that are going to push this team to compete!

Sneed appears to be much faster and quicker than Jensen. I haven't seen enough of his arm to comment on it. The accuracy and zip on the short passes and passes to the sidelines seemed very good in the scrimmage.

Sneed also gets the ball out quick. He doesn't hold on to the ball for very long. That tells you that, he is comfortable running this offense.

MTOutsider said:
Mavman said:
Two things about young Mr. Sneed I see are.
1. He will extend plays and extend drives with his feet.
2. People talk about his long ball or lack there of (i dont really know) But if he can make the short to medium throws this offense will be efficient and chew clock. Pair that with improved defense and a running game this team will control the clock and wear teams out!

You just described Murray from the kitties.
Hey if he has 20% higher completion percentage than Murray we are golden!

grizghost said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
i_the_sky said:
RTD!
Go Griz!

He is slow. He had one big run at UNLV that people are pointing to as evidence of speed, but the rest of his tape and the spring game say otherwise.

If you'd do a little bit of critical thinking and do your research, you would know that.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
grizghost said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
i_the_sky said:
RTD!
Go Griz!

He is slow. He had one big run at UNLV that people are pointing to as evidence of speed, but the rest of his tape and the spring game say otherwise.

If you'd do a little bit of critical thinking and do your research, you would know that.

Please stop with the he is slow BS. He is not slow. He is fast. That's why he ran away from people o the 91 yard run. You could see he was fast in the spring scrimmage.

Here's what the San Diego St coach thought of him:

"On the play of UNLV quarterback Dalton Sneed:

“Dalton Sneed is a great athlete that throws well on the run and can make things happen himself. If the receiver’s not open, he takes off with it. He makes a lot of people miss, he breaks a lot of tackles and he’s hard to bring down.”

On if it opens his eyes when he sees a quarterback run 91 yards:

“After I saw that play, I thought that was one of the most amazing plays I’ve ever seen. He should have been tackled probably two or three times behind the line of scrimmage and one for a safety, and then he outran everybody. That was pretty impressive.

“I think that shows a lot about his belief. I think he believes when he is running with the ball he’s not a quarterback. I think he believes he is a running back - he's not looking for a place to slide or fall down - he's looking for a touchdown.”

PlayerRep said:

you say in one sentence that haven't seen enough of his arm to comment on it, then in the next that is exactly what you do. ergo why nobody takes you seriously when it comes to discussing football. your suck-up-istic nature gets in the way of logical thought.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

you say in one sentence that haven't seen enough of his arm to comment on it, then in the next that is exactly what you do. ergo why nobody takes you seriously when it comes to discussing football. your suck-up-istic nature gets in the way of logical thought.

argh! you meant that as a insult or comp-lie-ment?

Diesel said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

argh! you meant that as a insult or comp-lie-ment?

you figured it out!

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

With "it" meaning the subject of the topic being addressed, which was which qb has the better long arm, i.e. I haven't seen enough of how Sneed throws the long ball. Has seen how he throws the short passes and long outs.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
i_the_sky said:
RTD!
Go Griz!
Stupidist post of the thread. Sneed is close to the fastest guy on the team, acknowledged by everyone including Jensen. Hauck doesn't just hand starting positions to anyone.

PlayerRep said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
grizghost said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Please stop with the he is slow BS. He is not slow. He is fast. That's why he ran away from people o the 91 yard run. You could see he was fast in the spring scrimmage.

Here's what the San Diego St coach thought of him:

"On the play of UNLV quarterback Dalton Sneed:

“Dalton Sneed is a great athlete that throws well on the run and can make things happen himself. If the receiver’s not open, he takes off with it. He makes a lot of people miss, he breaks a lot of tackles and he’s hard to bring down.”

On if it opens his eyes when he sees a quarterback run 91 yards:

“After I saw that play, I thought that was one of the most amazing plays I’ve ever seen. He should have been tackled probably two or three times behind the line of scrimmage and one for a safety, and then he outran everybody. That was pretty impressive.

“I think that shows a lot about his belief. I think he believes when he is running with the ball he’s not a quarterback. I think he believes he is a running back - he's not looking for a place to slide or fall down - he's looking for a touchdown.”
As a true freshman.

PlayerRep said:
With "it" meaning the subject of the topic being addressed, which was which qb has the better long arm, i.e. I haven't seen enough of how Sneed throws the long ball. Has seen how he throws the short passes and long outs.

am i supposed to be able to figure out what your gibberish means(bqm)

griz5700 said:
Catsrback76 said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:
Seems like Griz fans looked at Jensen and wanted to be able to see him as that next super Dave QB. I know I sort of did. Hey we have a freshman QB that’s really shining here.... could he lead the Griz for the next 4 years and possibly win a NC? I think that was my mindset when Stitt was at the helm. Bobby then came back and I honestly thought heck we have an even better chance then.! Then throw in this deal with Jensen deciding to leave. A real kick in the gut. But honestly I sure see some upside the Sneed. Kid is a gamer with moxie and speed. He know the coaches and what they expect. So I guess I see Sneed as equal or on par with Jensen. Maybe Jensen had a better touch, but he was needing to learn this new system and that set him back enough that coaches see the best opportunity to win when th Sneed! It’s just to bad that Jensen decided he did not want to stay and learn and compete. I wish Jensen the best but also plan on standing behind Sneed to support him. I hope you all can do the same.

Go Griz RTD

You HAD a QB1 who as a freshman IS an All American... whose upside was "the sky's the limit"! Would he have made it to the top? Who knows, but isn't that the risk of every QB so anointed.

You now have a QB1 who won no more games than the previous QB1, left the program because he was replaced as QB1... who's upside is???

This was a big gamble that appears to be a BH move from the get go...but hey, it might work out...or be a colossal mistake. It certainly makes for some intrigue and guarantees that I will pay more attention to QB production from uM.

It would have been a gamble had Hauck not brought Sneed on board. He recruited Sneed out of HS, knew he could run Rosenbach's system, and HAD to add a JC or dropdown transfer at QB. Should Hauck have pursued a less talented transfer to nurture the freshman QB's upside? No.

Sneed will impress.

All very valid points 57. W/out Sneed, we’d have been in the same depth issue we’re in now. It’s unfortunate that Jensen decided to transfer, weather because he took it personal losing the job to an older more athletic QB, or because he just didn’t want to ride the bench for two years. Say that it is a personal issue with Bobby and how he coaches and we don’t bring in Sneed. Then how would Jensen handle that? Would he play to the best of his abilities or sulk while he’s trying to lead our team. Obviously we’ll never know his reasons but they’re still questions that could have been reality.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

Most everyone else understood, and it wasn't gibberish. But, if there was any gibberish, it's surprising that you, the king of gibberish, who rarely writes anything in straightforward English, couldn't understand it. I suppose that may be due to your lack of understanding of football.

alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:
Catsrback76 said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:

Go Griz RTD

Sneed will impress.

All very valid points 57. W/out Sneed, we’d have been in the same depth issue we’re in now. It’s unfortunate that Jensen decided to transfer, weather because he took it personal losing the job to an older more athletic QB, or because he just didn’t want to ride the bench for two years. Say that it is a personal issue with Bobby and how he coaches and we don’t bring in Sneed. Then how would Jensen handle that? Would he play to the best of his abilities or sulk while he’s trying to lead our team. Obviously we’ll never know his reasons but they’re still questions that could have been reality.

Have stated several times that Jensen was upset at the firing of Stitt and even if Huack doesn't bring in Sneed, I don't know if Jensen stays. The style of offense, different style of coaching, etc, etc.....From the players I have spoke with, Jensen seemed to withdraw from the team and pout since the Stitt firing. I don't think even if he would have been named the starter he would have stayed. I'm not going to say Jensen quit per se, but he was not willing to compete for a spot that he had not fully won, but definitely had not lost IMO. This shows to me that he just no longer wanted to be here. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

Then where would we be?

As a coach, you have to bring in talented players and then let competition determine where they fit on the team. You can not concern yourself with who may or may not leave when doing so, because they could leave regardless. Coaches don't stop recruiting or bringing in players for positions just because they already have "one".

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

Most everyone else understood, and it wasn't gibberish. But, if there was any gibberish, it's surprising that you, the king of gibberish, who rarely writes anything in straightforward English, couldn't understand it. I suppose that may be due to your lack of understanding of football.

most everyone else understood(bqm) how did you discover this, by having imaginary conversations with them(bqm) i ask because nobody else responded to your nonsensical "sentence". as for understanding football, most everybody tells me that it is obvious i have a much better grasp of the game than you.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

most everyone else understood(bqm) how did you discover this, by having imaginary conversations with them(bqm) i ask because nobody else responded to your nonsensical "sentence". as for understanding football, most everybody tells me that it is obvious i have a much better grasp of the game than you.

I consulted my private email group of about 50 current or former egriz posters.

Consider this -Jensen left apparently forgetting how he was able to emerge as the number one guy only when Reese Phillips went down. If not for that bit of luck passing his way he may very well have spent the season riding the pine except for an occasional cleanup appearance. Maybe he felt that was a one time occurrence in a rough and violent sport - or maybe he didn't have either the confidence or the fire in the belly to fight to keep the job. Who knows what goes on in a man's head, particularly a young one... ?

Back