• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is #37 cursed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big G said:
Kidder might miss the combine since he was injured all season with a broken wrist and achilles tear. What number did he wear again?

44. Start in on that one, too.

Ha, funny how people were up in arms when a rumor arose that Stitt was going to eliminate this tradition when he started here.

mtgriz said:
Ha, funny how people were up in arms when a rumor arose that Stitt was going to eliminate this tradition when he started here.

I was thinking the exact same thing. tell them the sky is blue and people will bitch, tell them its going to snow and the same ones will bitch about that too.

It is not interesting its a proven thing. The number thing is selfish and doesn't promote team unity and puts too much pressure on the player wearing it. This whole thing is pure poppycock plain and simple.

Big G said:
It is not interesting its a proven thing. The number thing is selfish and doesn't promote team unity and puts too much pressure on the player wearing it. This whole thing is pure poppycock plain and simple.

Shut the f*** up.

Uh oh, hot take incoming:

I love the mystique and tradition surrounding the #37, but for some players, I think the added exposure and pressure might not have been beneficial for their play on the field.

I'm also worried that the more the U tries to make whomever wears the number the most visible and marketed player on the team, the more we may end up getting away from the original meaning of the tradition and just make it the "this is the best player on the defense" tradition with all of the overhype that that entails.

I'll put the batteries back in the smoke detector now.

uofmman1122 said:
Uh oh, hot take incoming:

I love the mystique and tradition surrounding the #37, but for some players, I think the added exposure and pressure might not have been beneficial for their play on the field.

I'm also worried that the more the U tries to make whomever wears the number the most visible and marketed player on the team, the more we may end up getting away from the original meaning of the tradition and just make it the "this is the best player on the defense" tradition with all of the overhype that that entails.

I'll put the batteries back in the smoke detector now.

+1

Really this has nothing to do with what "we" try to make it. It only has to do with what it means to the person wearing it. If they let all of the bluster blow through and play the game then the number is just that. If they get wrapped up in all of the shit that some eGriz posters do then it either improves or destroys team unity, cures or causes cancer, or blah dee, blah, blah, barf.

'68griz said:
Big G said:

Shut the f*** up.

Your disgusting and vulgar comment has been reported.

37 curse stats

7 injured
2 dead

Get rid of the number it is not beneficial to the team or the players, its poppycock plain and simple!

RayWill said:
Coach said:
My condolences to the friends and family. Very sad news.
Please elaborate. What news?

Griz Nation will need to rally together. There is some heart breaking news floating around involving a recent Griz football player who donned that number. Prayers for his family and friends.

HookedonGriz said:
RayWill said:
Please elaborate. What news?

Griz Nation will need to rally together. There is some heart breaking news floating around involving a recent Griz football player who donned that number. Prayers for his family and friends.

...great kid ..great player....RIP...sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back