• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jamal Jones: NFL prospect

grizchamp said:
Yukon said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Having ten draft picks in recent years is great. But which one will be a significant contributor? Tru is still trying to find his role. Kroy seems to be getting some recognition. The rest are mostly back ups and fringe players... Wilson? Wags? Tripp? Coyle?
They are in the NFL.
This

Ok. Great. Quit being so "thin skinned"... Who will be impactful?

CV Griz Fan said:
Having ten draft picks in recent years is great. But which one will be a significant contributor? Tru is still trying to find his role. Kroy seems to be getting some recognition. The rest are mostly back ups and fringe players... Wilson? Wags? Tripp? Coyle?

Most players in the NFL are back ups and fringe players. Regardless, having 10 picks and undrafted guys like Reynolds, Anderson, and Coyle who have been able to make the 53 man roster is something a lot of programs outside the Power 5 can't claim. What is your point?

CV Griz Fan said:
grizchamp said:
Yukon said:
CVGrizFan said:
They are in the NFL.
This

Define "impactful". I would say Tru, Wilson, Carpenter, Biermann, Anderson, Reynolds & Mariani are all impactful. They're not "Marshawn Lynch" impactful, but they all play important roles on their teams. Coyle & Tripp have exactly ONE year in the league...I believe they too, will find their niche in time.

And, for the record, not all these guys were drafted.

CV Griz Fan said:
grizchamp said:
Yukon said:
CV Griz Fan said:
They are in the NFL.
This

Untwist your panties there big guy. I was simply agreeing with another post.

CV Griz Fan said:

I would say that if you're a starting Cornerback in the NFL, you've found your role.

Griz2k said:
CV Griz Fan said:

I would say that if you're a starting Cornerback in the NFL, you've found your role.
I would agree. Jimmy Wilson started 14 games for the Dolphins last year and is a likely starter in San Diego as well. Pretty sure he's found his role.

And two players on this list are former Pro-Bowl players....that's a fairly nice role as well...

mtgrizfankb said:
nzone said:
They as a tandem make it difficult for any defensive secondary. Are both these guys in Missoula for summer workouts?
Ellis was not last i heard. Mr jones is. Ellis has been working out at home and will be in towm shortly of not already. This offense ahould excel with these 2. Imaging having the option of jones on a crossing route or post and ellis on a streak or slant. Every single play. Everytime we come to the line both routes are an option and that is a nightmare for a defense. I dont care how good they are. Ellis has been taking 2 players on defense for a while and jones did last year. If some other players step up too at wr. Ita going to be interesting how defenses decide to try and play them.

BOTH of our standout WRs are in town & attending summer workouts! Best tandem in the BSC especially if Henderson returns to 2013 form. IMO this may well be is the BEST 1-2 WR tandem in the FCS. I give the edge to Henderson over Jones because he draws the double teams when both were on the field in 2013. Plus his return game is next level. All-Purpose yards are a much bigger deal than some people think.

Hope we have them both all year healthy & terrorizing the opposition!

Griz2k said:
CV Griz Fan said:

And if you've been named to a Pro Bowl you're probably would be considered by your teammates as a "significant contributor".

edit: ooops. See that AZ beat me to it.

NewPapaBear said:
mtgrizfankb said:
nzone said:
They as a tandem make it difficult for any defensive secondary. Are both these guys in Missoula for summer workouts?
Ellis was not last i heard. Mr jones is. Ellis has been working out at home and will be in towm shortly of not already. This offense ahould excel with these 2. Imaging having the option of jones on a crossing route or post and ellis on a streak or slant. Every single play. Everytime we come to the line both routes are an option and that is a nightmare for a defense. I dont care how good they are. Ellis has been taking 2 players on defense for a while and jones did last year. If some other players step up too at wr. Ita going to be interesting how defenses decide to try and play them.

BOTH of our standout WRs are in town & attending summer workouts! Best tandem in the BSC especially if Henderson returns to 2013 form. IMO this may well be is the BEST 1-2 WR tandem in the FCS. I give the edge to Henderson over Jones because he draws the double teams when both were on the field in 2013. Plus his return game is next level. All-Purpose yards are a much bigger deal than some people think.

Choosing between these 2 guys is a problem I would love to have year in and out. 2013 I would agree that Henderson was the man drawing double teams but that was with an antiquated, inept offense not really designed to exploit his unbelievable talents. Last year Jones bailed our offense out time and time again on 3rd and long working the sideline like a magician and that was w/o Ellis to take some of the slack. No doubt Ellis is the most explosive player on the Montana offense and has to ability to score on any play but until Ellis shows his health is back I will take Jones.

I believe both will be 1st team all BSC, striking fear into defensive coordinators all season long.

AZGrizFan said:
CV Griz Fan said:
[/quote][/quote]
Define "impactful". I would say Tru, Wilson, Carpenter, Biermann, Anderson, Reynolds & Mariani are all impactful. They're not "Marshawn Lynch" impactful, but they all play important roles on their teams. Coyle & Tripp have exactly ONE year in the league...I believe they too, will find their niche in time.

Certainly Wilson, Biermann and Mariani(before he got hurt) have been impactful. It'd be nice to have a UM player play 10 plus years and make All-Pro a few times.......

onrasekt said:
NewPapaBear said:
mtgrizfankb said:
nzone said:

Choosing between these 2 guys is a problem I would love to have year in and out. 2013 I would agree that Henderson was the man drawing double teams but that was with an antiquated, inept offense not really designed to exploit his unbelievable talents. Last year Jones bailed our offense out time and time again on 3rd and long working the sideline like a magician and that was w/o Ellis to take some of the slack. No doubt Ellis is the most explosive player on the Montana offense and has to ability to score on any play but until Ellis shows his health is back I will take Jones.

I believe both will be 1st team all BSC, striking fear into defensive coordinators all season long.

I second that :thumb:

CV Griz Fan said:
AZGrizFan said:
CV Griz Fan said:
[/quote]

Certainly Wilson, Biermann and Mariani(before he got hurt) have been impactful. It'd be nice to have a UM player play 10 plus years and make All-Pro a few times.......[/quote]

A few times? let's say 10 years in the NFL and eight Pro Bowls and call it good.

UM football didn't begin in recent years. Over the longer period of UM football, we have had many more than the few you mentioned in the NFL. Also, UM athletics didn't begin with the creation of the Big Sky Conference.

I love both of these guys! EH and Jamal*

11 players count on our team and all must do the job for us to be good.

Best players? NFL? Lottery wins? All good stuff to talk about while drinking, otherwise it does not make any sense!

Latest posts

Back