• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ signs in CFL

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Htowngriz said:
*too

Hey Snowflake, can you remind me which professional team Edwards played for?

Hey mudhole, this is a college football forum, if you want to talk pro sports go to the right fu*king forum and ask the question, if you need help ask a toddler to direct you.
They're all busy trying to help you put together a complete sentence.

It's the Saskatchewan Roughriders (one word) and was the Ottawa Rough Riders. Go figure. I like the CFL bigger field and the 25 yard end zone. Good luck to JJ:

Htowngriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Htowngriz said:
*too

Hey Snowflake, can you remind me which professional team Edwards played for?

Hey mudhole, this is a college football forum, if you want to talk pro sports go to the right fu*king forum and ask the question, if you need help ask a toddler to direct you.
They're all busy trying to help you put together a complete sentence.

Simply false, AG1 has been toddler free for 3.5 years (court order) you and pR must hang out a lot.

66volvo said:
What's a Redblack? Thought they were the Rough Riders. Help me to know what I missed in the CFL.

Christ, they changed the name almost two years ago! They obviously didn't consult with AG1 who could have come up with something better than that.

statler & waldorf said:
66volvo said:
What's a Redblack? Thought they were the Rough Riders. Help me to know what I missed in the CFL.

Christ, they changed the name almost two years ago! They obviously didn't consult with AG1 who could have come up with something better than that.
How could anyone miss that, after all CFL news is almost as prevalent as FCS news.

maroon said:
It's the Saskatchewan Roughriders (one word) and was the Ottawa Rough Riders. Go figure.

You're right, one word instead of two. That makes all the difference. Go figure. By the way, the extra 30 yards of field lenth equates to approximately the same percentage of additional revenues or empty seats depending upon the franchise. I know, thanks Captain Obvious. And you're welcome.

66volvo said:
What's a Redblack? Thought they were the Rough Riders. Help me to know what I missed in the CFL. Good luck to JJ. He may surprise some folks back there.

The original franchise in Ottawa was named the Rough Riders after Teddy Roosevelt's unit in the Spanish American War (gives you an idea of how long that team had been around). After they folded about 15/20 years ago they had a second franchise called the Renegades. It didn't last. This time they decided to take the colors of Roosevelt's old regiment, and the Rough Riders old colors and go with that as a name.

Most of the teams run a lot of spread and read/option so JJ should do well in that respect. My only concern is arm strength on a big field, the 10 yard out to wide side up here is about a 45 yard throw. That being said, lots of smart QB's who know where and when to throw have done well up here, so here is hoping.

Great news for JJ!!!!

Congrats JJ, good luck, and best of fortunes to you in Ottawa. And....MANY thanks for all you did for Montana!. :clap: :thumb: :D

Big ups to JJ, but also say a quick prayer he can stay healthy. He took some hellish head shots as a Griz, and I hope he's not one concussion away from permanent damage.

That's AWESOME news that JJ signed a professional contract, in the CFL. :clap:

Looking back, I wish he had a better OL and more play-makers at WR than he did.

IntuitiveGriz said:
That's AWESOME news that JJ signed a professional contract, in the CFL. :clap:

Looking back, I wish he had a better OL and more play-makers at WR than he did.

Huh? Henderson and Jones are both very good playmakers. I think too bad they were not healthy together for his SR year. I think the problem was more of the staff not being able to get the OL, QB, and WR's to gel as a cohesive unit.

Good news! Am glad to see JJ get an opportunity to continue his playing career. He is as tough and skilled as any GRIZ QB we've had. The changing of philosophies on offense ... mid-way thru his career and the make shift Oline this last year very much impacted his stats. Ask yourself this ... how would DD (and the GRIZ as a whole) have faired switching to a pro set offense in his last couple years as a GRZ.

Congratulations JJ...Well deserved!

On another note...The Redblacks roster lists his as from Montana State...WTF???

JDD said:

It's a government town, you know bureaucrats can't get a damn thing right.

JDD said:

Looks like "Sparky" found out about this indiscretion...

JDD said:

Is he even on the Ottawa roster? Or are you looking at Shawn Johnson of Montana St.

Don't know if it got mentioned, but that's the same team Kanongata plays for. Knew he was in the CFL but didn't know it was them. Kind of cool. Also, plenty of other Big Sky players on their roster.

PlayerRep said:
JDD said:

Is he even on the Ottawa roster? Or are you looking at Shawn Johnson of Montana St.

It appears that it has been fixed...It was JJ, and he was listed as being from State.

Back