• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ Trial

wbtfg said:
EverettGriz said:
That doesn't mean they should have never tried it in the first place

This case was tried because JJ is a student-athlete at the University of Montana.

Period.

And THAT is the only crime committed here.

Yep....most other students would have been stuck with a public defender who would advise a plea bargain. ;)

And there it is again. We constantly read on this board that JJ's family has suffered great financial loss in paying for this case. If he didn't want to pay, he could have gotten a public defender, just like every other Griz athlete . . . wait a minute.

Punch, shockingly we agree that the state was screwed either way, and that they had to try SOME case. But I will contend -- you may choose to agree or disagree -- that THIS case was tried because it was high-profile and because Jordy was a football player. They could have tried any number of alleged sexual assault cases, and I'm sure many of them had more merit. They chose this one for one reason: the defendant.

That's wrong, and even you have to admit it.

EverettGriz said:
Punch, shockingly we agree that the state was screwed either way, and that they had to try SOME case. But I will contend -- you may choose to agree or disagree -- that THIS case was tried because it was high-profile and because Jordy was a football player. They could have tried any number of alleged sexual assault cases, and I'm sure many of them had more merit. They chose this one for one reason: the defendant.

That's wrong, and even you have to admit it.

Let's wait on that until the jury comes back. If they're back within a short period of time with an acquittal, then I would completely agree with you. If it takes the jury days to deliberate and it comes back as a hung jury, then I don't think either of us would be right. If he comes back guilty, then despite my shock, it wouldn't be so wrong anymore.

ashley sanchez ‏@AshleyABCFOXMT
CB agrees no DNA test on blanket because there was no issue identifying people who had sex on it.#johnsontrial
My god, why didn't they bring in the bed, remnants of the post-sex snack she ate, the roommate's video game controller and a few of the other roommate's guns? These items have the same value as evidence of rape.

For brevity sake, I will not post in this thread anymore. I will simply pre-concur with what JBS and Griz2k say as I agree with every post they have made in this thread...wise folk! Don't let me down. And I will also pre-disagree with JP, argh, NWF, tnt, Spokanevictim, and defense attorney, Dork (sp).

Hey. I have an idea. Why doesn't some one start a thread where people could post information about what's going on in JJ's trial?

granitegriz said:
I will simply pre-concur with what JBS and Griz2k say as I agree with every post they have made in this thread...wise folk! Don't let me down. And I will also pre-disagree with JP, argh, NWF, tnt, Spokanevictim, and defense attorney, Dork (sp).

with sheep like you, who needs a herder?

Da Griz said:
Hey. I have an idea. Why doesn't some one start a thread where people could post information about what's going on in JJ's trial?

It's called the twitter feed: :cool:

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23JohnsonTrial&src=hash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWahlberg said:
Da Griz said:

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23JohnsonTrial&src=hash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hate to say it, but twitter tweeting sucks.

JBS said:
BWahlberg said:
Da Griz said:

I hate to say it, but twitter tweeting sucks.
I don't even hate to say it.

tnt said:
without opinion on the content, this little girl detective is kicking paolis ass....

Stay the course, tnt!!!! :thumb:

(pssst: even your most ardent supporters like punch are bailing like rats off a ship).

This is the first of its kind it seems for everyone's persepctive and thoughts to be so readily apparent. It gives new power to the word hearsay, though, in that the text of the exchanges can be communicated, but the viewer's perception of the witnesses, the jury, and attorneys cannot be totally captured by Twitter. There is feel and a rhythm to the court room. There are facial expressions that can be interpreted in more than one way, anger than can be felt by either party and a tension that cannot be communicated via text on twitter.

Interesting that the state is calling Jordan's roommate and best friend Alex Bienemann as a witness. It doesn't appear to be going well for the defense with this witness at least so far and at least according to twitter.

Jerry Punch said:
This is the first of its kind it seems for everyone's persepctive and thoughts to be so readily apparent. It gives new power to the word hearsay, though, in that the text of the exchanges can be communicated, but the viewer's perception of the witnesses, the jury, and attorneys cannot be totally captured by Twitter. There is feel and a rhythm to the court room. There are facial expressions that can be interpreted in more than one way, anger than can be felt by either party and a tension that cannot be communicated via text on twitter.

Compare and contrast it with what you get from one reporter sitting there in the courtroom.

Back