• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

kittens and the skyhawks

CDAGRIZ said:
Wow! Box score says the Cats gave up 174 yards rushing to the Fort Lewis Skyhawks. Do they play SLO this year?

Their D is "10x" better than last year. (I heard it on scatnation mid game tonight, it must be true.)

This is why everyone should read KittyLitterState.com..... Debating whether they would score 80 or more....

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=36360

Stop!!!! Just Stop!!!! My laugh muscles can't handle it anymore!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was out tonight and when I saw the score at the half, I figured eGriz would be an enjoyable read. Gentlemen (and Ms. Maroon), once again, you did not disappoint. There are some laugh-out-loud funny posts in this thread!

nzone said:
I did along time ago. Couldn't listen any longer....

WHY??? You've been trained by the HOMER of HOMERS...MICK...

oh-mickey-youre-so-fine-youre-so-fine-you-6058.jpg

Catsrback76 said:
nzone said:

oh-mickey-youre-so-fine-youre-so-fine-you-6058.jpg
One's radio and one's TV. TV announcers shouldn't be such biased and non football smart homers.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
I liked having Cliff Clavin doing the color...

Well, I heard he's doing the Griz game on Saturday, too. Does anyone know who this guy is or how he got this job?

He has been doing Bobcat games forever. If you have a tape of the 1997 Brawl of the Wild, he's having an emotional meltdown as the Griz setup for the game winning field goal.

I hope it's just Byers heading up the road to Missoula and they get Edwards or Bennett like they usually do.

Catsrback76 said:
nzone said:

You'd think these "homers" would know the team mascot. Mike Callaghan says "montanastate" (one syllable!!) hundreds of times a game but I think only once last night did he utter the word "bobcats". Listen next time. Bizarre.

Go Griz! Go Bison! Go Eagles! Go Skyhawks! Go Seahawks! Go Colts! Go Bears! Go Broncos! Go Buckeyes! Go Gators!...........

Go "montanastate"?!?

mtgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:

Well, I heard he's doing the Griz game on Saturday, too. Does anyone know who this guy is or how he got this job?

He has been doing Bobcat games forever. If you have a tape of the 1997 Brawl of the Wild, he's having an emotional meltdown as the Griz setup for the game winning field goal.

I hope it's just Byers heading up the road to Missoula and they get Edwards or Bennett like they usually do.
Nzone was right on, in comparing the color guy to Cliff Clavin. He does not have a good radio/TV voice or personality, but now when I think of him as Cliff Clavin, I will have something to laugh about. I can handle announcers being homers but combined with his nasal voice he is hard to listen to.

I do remember his break down right before 97 Griz game winning field goal - made the celebrating way better after he all but anointed the cats the 97 winner.

As for cats, way too early to say they are not a good team regardless of how pathetic they looked yesterday.

CDAGRIZ said:

His name is Mike Callaghan. Lives here in Missoula. He played for the Cats, I think on the 1984 NC squad.

GrizRick said:
CDAGRIZ said:

His name is Mike Callaghan. Lives here in Missoula. He played for the Cats, I think on the 1984 NC squad.

"montanastate" (one syllable!)Callaghan. No one ever accused him of being "bobcat" Mike. He won't do color at the "GRIZZLY" game tomorrow.

GrizRick said:
CDAGRIZ said:

:lol: :lol:

Thanks.

Mousegriz said:
GrizRick said:
CDAGRIZ said:

"montanastate" (one syllable!)Callaghan. No one ever accused him of being "bobcat" Mike. He won't do color at the "GRIZZLY" game tomorrow.

Hmm, toward the end of the Cat game, I swear I heard them say they were heading to Missoula for the game. Maybe just to watch from the stands.

CDAGRIZ said:
Mousegriz said:
GrizRick said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Hmm, toward the end of the Cat game, I swear I heard them say they were heading to Missoula for the game. Maybe just to watch from the stands.
I heard the same.

GrizRick said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Chris Byers from Billings TV station is the play by play guy and "montanastate" Callaghan the color guy for Bobcat (a word Callaghan rarely utters) games. Byers has done plenty of Griz play by play over the years too but has a different color guy.....Grady Bennett used to but not sure if he's the guy this year. It sounds like Byers will do play by play for the Griz game tomorrow night.

mtgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:

Byers, Bennett and Mick Delaney according to the UM release.

Back