• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Large number of Idaho FB players involved in brawl; lineman sucker punches son of large donor

EverettGriz

DONOR
I assumed this had already been posted here, but I didn't see it, maybe because UI has tried to hide the matter. Still, not a great look.

I'm glad the priority is take care of the team and make sure the players are okay:

"Director of Athletics Terry Gawlik said she and the school’s football coach, Jason Eck, are aware of the incident from Saturday that involved members of the football team and that they are currently prioritizing the health, safety and wellbeing of their athletes."

"According to the email obtained by the Lewiston Tribune, when the players were told to leave by a senior civil engineering student from Weiser, “one of the defensive linemen (who they all could identify as he was not wearing a mask) sucker-punched him in the face, knocking him out, breaking his nose and causing a concussion.”

"The victim’s father was the biggest sponsor during the three years of the event, according to Chipman’s email."

44 players.
PVC pipe(=weapons)
Ski masks(=intent/conspiracy)
Massive change is in the air due to the sucker punch.
Question: Where the hell do they get these people?
Lack of institutional control?
This happened two months ago and it's still being investigated?
Clouseau must have found a home in MPD. Still haven't gone to trial for the Ginsu murders.
Delta Tau Chi = Beta Theta Pi?

I assumed this had already been posted here, but I didn't see it, maybe because UI has tried to hide the matter. Still, not a great look.

I started this thread on about Feb. 16: https://egriz.com/threads/idaho-this-wasnt-news-back-in-in-my-day.93162/

Great memories by all of us.

One could argue the story now goes a little deeper than a "fight", however
Is it? 3 people treated at scene. Event was 2 months ago. No one suspended or charged. I wonder if the player’s friends say the guy he hit deserved it? It could go either way. I have no info other than the articles.

Yeah, I'd suggest that 44 players, many carrying lead pipes while wearing masks is more than your average college scuffle. The fact that a major donor's son got cold-cocked and a major fundraiser canceled as a result is like throwing coal into the furnace

Yeah, I'd suggest that 44 players, many carrying lead pipes while wearing masks is more than your average college scuffle. The fact that a major donor's son got cold-cocked and a major fundraiser canceled as a result is like throwing coal into the furnace
PVC pipe is plastic, not lead. “Many” carrying pipe and wearing masks? Where are you getting that? It was the son of the major sponsor of a little event, not major donor. Weiser is a small town in the boonies. The woman who wrote the email is about 80. Were any players suspended for spring ball?

PVC pipe is plastic, not lead. “Many” carrying pipe and wearing masks? Where are you getting that? It was the son of the major sponsor of a little event, not major donor. Weiser is a small town in the boonies. The woman who wrote the email is about 80. Were any players suspended for spring ball?
It’s Idaho, so probably no. I could tell you so many stories of my 3 years there and the shit the football players did/got away with. Sounds like not much has changed in that culture.

Weiser is home to a great old time fiddle festival in June. I went to it when pot was $10 for a three finger baggie.

Article said broken PVC pipes which could imply intent to stab or slash with them. I'd call that a dangerous weapon.

Back