• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Leaving at half time

RobGriz said:
Maybe the coaches shouldn't leave at halftime

Just do tackling drills at midfield the entire half. Can't be any less productive than whatever the hell it is they did in the locker room. Give the chalk board a rest and get back to fundamentals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These fans need to smuggle a flask of Evan Williams into the stadium like i used to do every game. Its really easy then, go grab your halftime coke and spike it with some Edub and you are back in a flash for the 2nd half!

dayday said:
We as fans we should be better. There's no doubt in my mind the beginning of the third quarter was do to energy by the D because it was an half stadium. It turned it from a blow out to a game. Let's be better and make some self imposed rules. Let's hear them....

Those that didn't come back didn't miss very much, if anything at all.
Fans are not the participants, other than they are observers.

Coaches and athletes make the difference in the game, not the crowd control custodian.

dayday said:
We as fans we should be better. There's no doubt in my mind the beginning of the third quarter was do to energy by the D because it was an half stadium. It turned it from a blow out to a game. Let's be better and make some self imposed rules. Let's hear them....

People should just shut up about this. You're never going to change it and it just makes you look like a whiner. It's right up there with the stupid move-up threads. Give it a rest.

"Self-imposed rules." :lol:

CFallsGriz said:
dayday said:

People should just shut up about this. You're never going to change it and it just makes you look like a whiner. It's right up there with the stupid move-up threads and Bring Back Bobby threads. Give it a rest.

FIFY

AZGrizFan said:
CFallsGriz said:
dayday said:

People should just shut up about this. You're never going to change it and it just makes you look like a whiner. It's right up there with the stupid move-up threads and Bring Back Bobby threads. Give it a rest.

FIFY

Actually that really is a better example. Good call

Like it or not, many fans go to the games to tailgate first and watch the game second. Imposing any rules would only jeopardize attendance. The best you can do is to try to be more persistent in encouraging people back to their seats.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Like it or not, many fans go to the games to tailgate first and watch the game second. Imposing any rules would only jeopardize attendance. The best you can do is to try to be more persistent in encouraging people back to their seats.

Not true of all fans. I haven't missed a kickoff at the beginning of the third since I moved back. And I go out EVERY half time.
However if the team has to rely on us to seal a win, we are in worse shape than I thought.

RobGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

Not true of all fans. I haven't missed a kickoff at the beginning of the third since I moved back. And I go out EVERY half time.
However if the team has to rely on us to seal a win, we are in worse shape than I thought.

I do the same thing Rob, but I know a lot of people that would rather bullshit and drink beer and head back in late in the 3rd quarter. Creating some sort of rule wouldn't do any good.

I'm not saying that our team should rely on fans to win, I don't think anyone is saying that. Home field advantage isn't some old wives tale. Ask any player or coach if energy from the crowd matters.

Sam A. Blitz said:
RobGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

I do the same thing Rob, but I know a lot of people that would rather bullshit and drink beer and head back in late in the 3rd quarter. Creating some sort of rule wouldn't do any good.

I'm not saying that our team should rely on fans to win, I don't think anyone is saying that. Home field advantage isn't some old wives tale. Ask any player or coach if energy from the crowd matters.

I get that but a 3 score lead SHOULD be safe until all the fans pile back in in the middle of the third.

RobGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
RobGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

I get that but a 3 score lead SHOULD be safe until all the fans pile back in in the middle of the third.

I agree. It should be safe till the end of the game.

Before I moved to Las Vegas I was a season ticket holder for 17 years.

It always bothrred me as s fan that the stadium was empty at the beginning of the second half and wasn't almost full again until just about the 4th quarter.

I think if fans want to tailgate at halftime thats cool but the gates need to be shut at the start of the third quarter. You want back in? You buy another ticket at 1/4 price. That way people who actually want to watch the game can get in at s teduced price, people who want to get drunk can keep their asses outside at the tailgate and people who want to party a little while longer can. They just grt to pay extra to get in ater the start of the 2nd half.

Regardless there will be butts in the seats.

I would put For Sale signs in the yards of all bastards who are tardy for the second half. They are all drunks and ne'er do wells anywaze and have no respect for their juniors.

RobGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
RobGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

It was safe. Score was tied 27-27 at the END of the 3rd. :D

AZGrizFan said:
RobGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
RobGriz said:

It was safe. Score was tied 27-27 at the END of the 3rd. :D
:lol:

Allezchat said:
bray said:
Maybe we should pack the stadium for practices...how on earth could anyone have peak performance in an empty stadium. Practices would be of the chain. If you think practices are good now with a few people around, could you imagine that x26,000?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Um....your practices are closed...just saying.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Um...no shit...that's the problem[emoji41]

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Bear Axed said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Who'd want to stay for the second half when everyone knows our coaches only prepared for the first

giphy.gif

That is FUNNY! :D

I leave at half but get back to my seat. I just pay attention to the cannon and head back when I hear it go off. I would not be opposed to giving people until 10:00 left in the 3rd to come back to the game and then the gates shut. If people get that pissed, they can tailgate starting earlier

The silent void at start of 3rd quarter is as imposing as is the raucous environment at game start.

Ticket holders certainly have the option to come and go. Certainly savvy opposing coaches may chose to take advantage of the dead crowd as we like to feed off of the loud crowd for home games.

Classic tale of the two crowds that is evident to friend and foe alike in WaGriz.

Remember the 8:00 dash UM had at basketball games? Do that at the 10:00 mark in the third quarter for football.

Latest posts

Back