• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Leaving at half time

LasVegasGriz said:
Before I moved to Las Vegas I was a season ticket holder for 17 years.

It always bothrred me as s fan that the stadium was empty at the beginning of the second half and wasn't almost full again until just about the 4th quarter.

I think if fans want to tailgate at halftime thats cool but the gates need to be shut at the start of the third quarter. You want back in? You buy another ticket at 1/4 price. That way people who actually want to watch the game can get in at s teduced price, people who want to get drunk can keep their asses outside at the tailgate and people who want to party a little while longer can. They just grt to pay extra to get in ater the start of the 2nd half.

Regardless there will be butts in the seats.

This sounds like an excellent way to get less people to go to the game. Part of the atmosphere is tailgating. Want fans in the stands at the start of the 3rd? Sell beer.

Maybe revamp the stadium with an "in house" beer garden and limit people leaving. That way they're already inside, the sales benefit the athletic department and sales could be shut off after halftime.

Weber was best of both worlds no beer in Stadium no return if you leave and of course poor attendance.

Latest posts

Back