• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Maddie Keast

shift2323 said:
This is a damm shame if Caitlin Lonergan joins the Lady Griz team. She has been cited for shoplifting six times wtf. So your telling me the head coach would want a kid like this over Maddie? This is so wrong in so many ways and it will come back to bit the head coach in the butt.

Another bitter sounding post.

shift2323 said:
This is a damm shame if Caitlin Lonergan joins the Lady Griz team. She has been cited for shoplifting six times wtf. So your telling me the head coach would want a kid like this over Maddie? This is so wrong in so many ways and it will come back to bit the head coach in the butt.

Who ever said that Shannon was making the choice between Caitlin and Maddie?

maroonandsilver said:
shift2323 said:

Who ever said that Shannon was making the choice between Caitlin and Maddie?

Don't think one had any affect on the other. And yes, she is eligible next January.

shift2323 said:
This is a damm shame if Caitlin Lonergan joins the Lady Griz team. She has been cited for shoplifting six times wtf....This is so wrong in so many ways and it will come back to bit the head coach in the butt.

By the way...
Caitlin Lonergan was suspended, not condemned:

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/volleyball/lonergan-cited-for-shoplifting-before-suspension/article_f4699f06-4ae6-559f-bbae-b159efde5f84.html

In reality, she made a very minor mistake. Yes it was stupid, but she's young and WE ALL made stupid mistakes when we were young. From covering her for a few years when she was at Bozeman High, I don't believe these incidents defines her character. She should get a second chance to learn her lesson and redeem herself. And anyone who believes differently, I believe is being unjustly harsh on a young person.
On another note, she is paying her way to play at UM and will continue to do so until she proves herself worthy of a scholarship to the coaching staff.

kyle_sample said:
In reality, she made a very minor mistake. Yes it was stupid, but she's young and WE ALL made stupid mistakes when we were young. From covering her for a few years when she was at Bozeman High, I don't believe these incidents defines her character. She should get a second chance to learn her lesson and redeem herself. And anyone who believes differently, I believe is being unjustly harsh on a young person.
On another note, she is paying her way to play at UM and will continue to do so until she proves herself worthy of a scholarship to the coaching staff.

Thanks Kyle, well said.

kyle_sample said:

Well said. I also covered her in High School, and she was always very nice and friendly during interviews, teammates all seem to really get along with her. Just didn't realize she was at UM now.

shift2323 said:
Kabooom said:
Shannon may have a soft spot for Caitlin Lonergan.... who just might remind the Head Coach a bit of her self back in the Day...... having the same short-comings back in time when she was an All -American Player for the Griz.

It's nice to know we still live times where a 2nd chance is possible for a Kid. That said , hopefully this person has turned the corner on the serious issue of shoplifting. Griz don't need the extra press on a players character issues.

Trust I understand about second chances, but would you be saying this is he kid was minority and if the head coach wanted to add her to the team?

...even the mayor of Missoula....and he doesn't get suspended or have to transfer to another city. He just decides to be honest with his constituency (for the first since when??) and gets kudos for being SO FORTHRIGHT. Better re-elect him Missoula so he doesn't get stressed or depressed!

Despite the travails of the women's program this season -- including the scary concussion suffered by Hailey Nicholson in the Sac St. game -- there is some major good news for coach Schweyen and the Lady Griz program.

Alycia Sims just announced her intent to return for her senior season at Montana. She joins Kayleigh Valley, who had much earlier indicated she would return. That means that the team will have three seniors -- which includes Mekayla Isaac -- anchoring the front court for the 2017-18 season.

grizzlyjournal said:
Despite the travails of the women's program this season -- including the scary concussion suffered by Hailey Nicholson in the Sac St. game -- there is some major good news for coach Schweyen and the Lady Griz program.

Alycia Sims just announced her intent to return for her senior season at Montana. She joins Kayleigh Valley, who had much earlier indicated she would return. That means that the team will have three seniors -- which includes Mekayla Isaac -- anchoring the front court for the 2017-18 season.

Could be a "worst to first" type of turnaround for the ladies over the course of the 2017 to 2018 season! :thumb:

grizzlyjournal said:

Maddie leaving the program gives a scholarship opening for Alecia as Shannon had already given 2 for 2017 ( Anderson and Stiles) with the assumption that Alecia would play 2016/17 and finish out her eligibility. I would not be surprised that one or more openings occur after this season.

Rather insensitive post by mousegriz, considering the struggles Keast has gone through in the past. Before you speak that way of young talent in the community, you should consider the fact that these athletes have feelings and emotions. I don't believe its a matter of Lonergan vs. Keast, as much as it is a serious level of misconduct amongst the coaching staff.

RedHering said:
Rather insensitive post by mousegriz, considering the struggles Keast has gone through in the past. Before you speak that way of young talent in the community, you should consider the fact that these athletes have feelings and emotions. I don't believe its a matter of Lonergan vs. Keast, as much as it is a serious level of misconduct amongst the coaching staff.

How exactly does "misconduct amongst the coaching staff" come into play?

kyle_sample said:

Good post. Does anybody remember Shannon getting into similar trouble many years ago? I think she recovered just fine!

go96griz said:
kyle_sample said:

Good post. Does anybody remember Shannon getting into similar trouble many years ago? I think she recovered just fine!

I thought I remembered that, but didn't want to pull the trigger since I wasn't sure. I'm all for second chances. Do I think she needs to earn it, absolutely. I think as long as she's doing what she is supposed to and there aren't any issues, I'm all for second chance here.

BWahlberg said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Could be a "worst to first" type of turnaround for the ladies over the course of the 2017 to 2018 season! :thumb:
That would be AWESOME!

Mousegriz said:
shift2323 said:
Kabooom said:
Shannon may have a soft spot for Caitlin Lonergan.... who just might remind the Head Coach a bit of her self back in the Day...... having the same short-comings back in time when she was an All -American Player for the Griz.

It's nice to know we still live times where a 2nd chance is possible for a Kid. That said , hopefully this person has turned the corner on the serious issue of shoplifting. Griz don't need the extra press on a players character issues.

Trust I understand about second chances, but would you be saying this is he kid was minority and if the head coach wanted to add her to the team?

...even the mayor of Missoula....and he doesn't get suspended or have to transfer to another city. He just decides to be honest with his constituency (for the first since when??) and gets kudos for being SO FORTHRIGHT. Better re-elect him Missoula so he doesn't get stressed or depressed!

Well he is getting stressed out for his dept. head credit card spending, little :shock: over the top,

Did I misread something or not?? Isn't this her 6th chance not her 2nd?? Please tell me where I lost track of how many offenses she has had...

sacstateman said:
Did I misread something or not?? Isn't this her 6th chance not her 2nd?? Please tell me where I lost track of how many offenses she has had...

My understanding is she got caught shoplifting and either admitted to or was confronted about multiple other incidents over the previous month. I believe the total of all the incidents was around $25. So if this is the case, I would say that this is a 2nd chance.

griz71 said:
BWahlberg said:
grizzlyjournal said:

That would be AWESOME!

Hope so, because the Lady Griz are at an All-Time LOW, a horrific record and getting swept by the lady cats for the first time in 18 years (1999).

Season long player losses to injuries have been critical to this ugly season, however those players returning next year, plus some great experience for the younger girls this season (with some showing promise) leads one to see a major turnaround/championship push next season.

Back